December 18, 2014 | 1202 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Chanel1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second favorite loose powder besides ben nye powder I get for like six bucks it leaves my face with a nice finish not cakey the smell reminds me of like old lady makeup but I get over it it helps my oily skin and doesn't make me breakup the only really bad thing is the packaging because whenever I buy a new one the lid tends to break but what do you expect for that price but I defintlet recommend it

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder because I wanted to replace my heavier powders with something lighter to finish up my fo9undation routine. Safe to say that at Target this was only 6.99 CAD, so I thought why not? Well, I bought the lightest color, translucent fair, which was still 2 shades too dark for my NC15 skin. I put it on and it did not really set anything, or cover anything. I still had waxy spots on my face and it also splotched orange on my cheeks. Not only that but the scent is AWFUL. It smells like cold cream, and lasts a god five minutes before you get used to it. Even with all these reasons, the real reason I hated this product was because it broke me out within an hour of application. 7 new spots, that's a new record! I gave it to my sis to try, she's 14 and perhaps her skin will react better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I'm one of those people who doesn't really care about packaging, as long as the product is good. I never ever thought to buy this. I never thought it would have any potential. Recently at Walmart I was looking for a BB Cream and some new powder since my MAC Careblend wasn't doing it for the oilies any longer. I honestly only bought this because it looked like the most product for the lowest price. I am SO glad I did! Transluscent light is a perfect match for my NW13 skin. The main thing I like about this, is that it keeps me matte without looking flat ALL DAY LONG. No other powder I have ever used in my life has done this for me. I don't have to touch up my makeup at all throughout the day. My daily routine is to apply Maracuja oil over my entire face, apply MAC Face and Body foundation (2 coats) and then dust this all over my face. I do this around 6:00 am everyday and I don't get to wash my face until around 7pm everynight and my face isn't gross looking at all and my makeup is still intact. The one thing I have noticed about this is the scent. Smells sort of like Noxema, but I don't mind. It dissipates quickly after application. Highly recommend this powder - it's a drug store gem!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Andie97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only loose powder I have ever liked. I am very fair, with yellow undertones (NC15), and "Translucent Fair" is a great color match. This mattifies my very oily skin, but has a bit of radiance to it, that enhances my complexion, rather than dulls it. Although I don't want shiny skin, I also don't want dull, flaky skin, so to find a loose powder that meets my needs makes me very happy. I use either a fluffy brush, or the included puff to apply, because it's so soft and fluffy, it applies the powder nicely. This does have the classic Noxzema scent, often associated with Covergirl cosmetics, but it isn't as strong as in their pressed powder. I don't mind it, but would prefer it to be fragrance free. The lid stays on well in my makeup bag, and I take it everywhere with me! One container lasts forever, so the price is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by reeny417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wear the CG loose powder in Translucent Fair #105. My skin tone is medium with yellow undertones, and is oily but not acne prone. I find that this shade matches so well in the winter time. I've used it in the summertime, but put some bronzer over it to match my tanner skin. I have the Medium shade in 115, so might try that next summer and see if it matches better at that time.

Because I have oily skin, I find that loose powders work the best for me. Also, because of having oily skin, powders oxidize on my skin, so I have to be careful not to go too dark with any powder. The Fair #105 is perfect for this. I can see why very fair skinned people would have a hard time with the Fair, since it works perfectly on my medium skin (I tan really well and never get pasty).

I wouldn't consider any of these powders truly "Translucent." They definitely have some color in them. When I think of Translucent I think of an almost white finishing powder. What surprised me about the powders (I can only speak for the Light and Medium) is that they are yellow toned, at least enough for me. Most CG foundations are so pink I can't even go there. I used to spend more $$$ on higher end powders thinking that all drugstore loose powders are too pink. I was really impressed how natural these powders appear on my complexion.

I use this over my foundation, set with rose water spray, and my makeup is intact, not blotchy and looking good after a 10 hour day. The smell is noticeable, but it usually doesn't bother me and I find that it goes away pretty quickly. I would occasionally replace the powder puff for sanitary purposes, or use a fluffy brush to apply. I can't believe I didn't discover this product sooner! It's been around forever and I shied away assuming that the colors would be too pink for me. This is my HG powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by sleeperchancetodream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite powder. Goes on nice, stays on nice, and makes my skin feel super soft and smooth.

It really smells horrible, as others have mentioned.
I wish CG would change the scent.

The lid doesn't screw on, just pulls off, so I'm always worried about it spilling in my purse. And the holes in the container to distribute the powder are literal crap. I'm talking I dumped out the remainder of a different powder and put it in there. I'm not a huge fan of the little furry puff it comes with, so I use a brush, but that's me.

Basically, we have a love-hate relationship.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells fantastic! If you like smelling like a mixture of old people's soap and dead flowers.

Okay honestly the smell isn't the best, but I don't really care about that. For some reason, CG still thinks its an A+ marketing strategy to give all of their powders the same horrible scent. I have no idea why this is, but the scent department is really lacking in basically all of their products. (Don't get me started on the lippes. For Gods sake no one wants lips that smell like plastic and cheap perfume.)

The powder is really very good. It isn't cakey, and it leaves your skin feeling quite smooth. I have the shade translucent fair. It has some color which is what I always look for, since it really helps lighten my foundation if it is a tad too dark. The smell seems to be overpowering for some, but I don't mind it honestly. It doesn't linger, which is all I care about. It extends the wear of my foundations, which is really I wanted out of it. Some of my foundations just will not last if they are set with a pressed powder, they require a loose one. This does the job, and it's only like $6 or $7.

The packaging is god awful. Luckily, I had an ELF HD powder that was almost finished, so I put this powder into that container.

If you don't mind the smell, and you can deal with the packaging, this is a very good loose powder. You can almost always find it on sale for a couple dollars cheaper, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was surprised this powder is very heavily perfumed... luckily i enjoy the smell. I wore it without foundation and it makes my skin smoother and less oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For the price, I will keep purchasing this powder! It is translucent so it doesnt add or take away my foundation colour. It feels light and goes on matte. One thing I dont like about this powder is that the smell is horrible. Lastly, the staying power is ok, but my skin is oily so i dont blame it :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by pk1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have used this once and it smells so strong i will not let this touch my skin ever again. Another product gone to waste.