February 1, 2015 | 1594 users online

Conditioner - TiGi - Bed Head Dumb Blonde Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 10:03:00 AM More reviews by CocoBeachXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing for damaged hair that needs to be brought back to life. The longer you leave it on, the better it works I've noticed. It has a beautiful and tropical pia colada scent and is a thick cream. It doesn't weigh my hair down and I apply it generously.

I always go back to it if I end up overdoing it with coloring, it always brings my hair back to being soft and healthy once I finish up a tube of it. I'd suggest judging it after finishing a tube of it used consistently, it takes time and patience to fix damaged color treated hair but its totally possible to do with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 8:56:00 AM More reviews by kaitlyn1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Professionals usually say that once your hair reaches that gummy/stringy texture, due to excessive bleaching/coloring/general frying, it's time to chop it off. If you are in that type of situation, as I was too, then STOP. and read this review :)

First of all, hair is dead, I understand this. But there is such a thing as normal dead hair and then DEAD DESTROYED hair. I had the latter. I had level 3 dark brown hair. Well being very fair skinned, and naturally a strawberry blonde, I got tired of the dark hair and it didn't suit me well at all. Hence I bleached it. I was so dim, that I first Color Oopsed it twice, but because the leftover color molecules kept reoxidizing (I mean, I had been dying it dark for a year or so) and I was getting sick of spending 13$ on stripper, I went to Sallys, bought some bleach and some 20 vol developer and went at it.
End result: gummy hair (specifically where I had dyed dark over previously highlighted parts) It was so gummy that while wet I could rub it together and make these grotesque gummy balls.

Worse than that, those portions couldn't hold color. Literally they were like grey almost. I was devastated. Normally in a hair rut, I would take the time to research solutions but I was desperate because of the state of my hair.

ENTER DUMB BLONDE RECONSTRUCTOR:
It cost me less or around 10$ at Walmart.
I went home, used some damaged control shampoo and then applied this product.
The consistency was nice and thick, it was a funky yellow color, and the smell is ridic delicious.

So i applied and left it in forever. And when I rinsed my hair felt a little better. So I did it again for longer, and then once rinsed, I followed with a deep moisturizing treatment and I kid you not, my hair was okay!! There was still damage afterwards but it was considerably reduced. I don't know how this is possible ( I mean, I do) but it contradicts everything we're told once hair reaches that level of damage.
I used it for a while after that, once or twice a week, and my hair was completely restored. It was amazing.

So i suggest if you're in dire straits, buy this product, use it and be amazed.
HOWEVER, I have slightly damaged hair now from coloring and heat styling and have used this product and it doesn't have the same effect. So i think this product is really for those who have severely super duper damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Update: this has also made my hair go from candy floss never dry when wet to 'normal hair' that dries fast!!!
Wow!!!!!! A miracle! I have SEVERELY damaged hair that was breaking off. Literally, every time I ran my hands thru my hair dozens of 1/4 inch pieces of black hair would be all over my hands. They were all over my shoulders and back ... Tried to bleach out indigo and was left with severely damaged and still black hair :( anyway... Luckily it's only pixie length :/ So after my final assault and unsuccessful attempt to rid of the black, I covered my head with this stuff and went to bed, no cap, just let it dry on my head with a towel on my pillow while I slept. It REALLY dried like it felt like the Aphogee protein treatment when it was rinsing. I rinsed it out carefully and of course it felt silky due to the cones (dimethicone), but ya wouldn't believe it - it stopped the breakage. When I went to go deal with it and dry it, there were no little hairs. Days later, have manipulated my hair in every possible way: no little hairs. I think you have to have VERY damaged hair to be a good candidate for this product. The proof was right before my eyes: hair breaking off everywhere before, no hair breaking off after. Plain as puddin'.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this for $5.99 at TJ Maxx. I didn't notice any noticeble change on my hair and I have used much better conditioners. I also didn't care for the tube since it was difficult to use towards the end and not as conveinent as a pump. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Lipsticlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this from Ulta on Black Friday for about $7 for 750mL. My hair is naturally very dark brown bleached twice to blonde and very damaged. After using once even my husband noticed that my hair actually looked like hair. Not just hair but healthy hair. I went back and picked up another bottle and its matching shampoo (dumb blonde). I then used that and was amazed at how my hair looked and felt very healthy. That was just with air drying it and it is below my shoulders. I am not sure how this would work on someone with normal healthy hair, but for someone with severely bleached damaged hair this stuff is amazing. Once my hair is back to healthy which may take over a year, I plan on using something different more formulated for normal hair. But until then, I a m going to use this stuff (all 4 bottles I bought on Black Friday and with coupons).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a bad deep conditioner. I have been using weekly for over a month and have seen positive results. My hair has been chemically treated with permanent and demi colouring and I straighten it regularly. It is much softer than it was a month ago. I will repurchase when the bottle has run out.

Edit: Over time, the labeling peels and falls apart since it gets wet. Wish they would change the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this product as a birthday gift from a friend once when I highlighted my hair and let me tell you! A M A Z I N G!!!!!! My hair was gummy when it was wet and broke when it dried and after using this, those symptoms slowly went away and my highlighted hair had become strong and manageable. I wish that the tube came with more especially for the price which I discovered after I finished the tube gifted to me and went to a salon to purchase one myself. Its a squeeze tube and it doesn't distribute too much so that's a good thing. It's a great conditioner because it smells so delicious and it's very thick so I feel that my hair is very saturated when it's in use. I've used this in conjunction with the dumb blonde shampoo but it does great on its own with any other shampoo. I love bed head products. This is definitely one of their best!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by BeatrixKidd0

I love everything about this product. The smell is great in my opinon as is the texture. It's great that it's a reconstructor and can be used as conditioner or treatment. I recently fried my hair with a permanent dye instead of using a toner because I wanted to go just a smidge more platinum, which I now regret. I have breakage at the front of my head from the overprocessing and mostly from flat ironing and bought this. My hair is coming back to life with shine and softness after about three uses and using Joico KPAK reconstructor.

I'd attribute the bad reviews to using the product wrong and washing too often. I wash my hair once every three days (wash with Matrix Biolage Hydrating shampoo then a purple shampoo) and deep treat. If you are constantly putting heavy product in, why are you surprised it's getting waxy? Tigi products seem to work with my hair and that's another factor, one line isn't going to be for everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Frankenhooker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I took the plunge into the world of bleach again this summer, meaning I needed something with protein in it (acording to my hair dresser) to make it stronger and to stop it from snapping off. This is the first protein treatment I've actually bought and tried, it smells really fruity and like pinapple, the bottle was all mirror-y and shiny which really got me excited to actually use this product! then I opened it and the consitancy was thick and gloopy (a bit like glue actually), and it's hard to actually spread it throughout my hair and I end up having to use A LOT to actually cover all of my hair, the bottle only lasted me about 4 uses, which in my opinion isn't a lot considering I paid £13 for a 200ml tube.

I tried to leave it in for around 20 minutes, I used my regular conditioner after this because my hair is just horrible if I don't use any conditioner, it's also a protein treatment so I was guessing it wasn't going to do much for actually making it soft. As for it's working power, I'd say it must of done something, but I'm not sure what, my hair does feel a little bit more smoother, but not stronger. I don't think I'll be buying this again, as it was nice treat to use because of how nice it smelled, but I've used other products after using this, and it felt like that did more than this, and they worked out cheaper than this. Sorry TiGi, this product doesn't make it into my basket of hair goodies.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product. I have fine, straight bleached hair, and it has become quite dry and brittle over the years. I used it on my wet hair, left it on for about 10 minutes, and saw minimal improvement after it was dry.

I love the smell and packaging, but was hoping that this product would do more for my bleached hair.

Because of the price and the fact that it didn't do much to improve my hair, I probably would not buy it again.