November 23, 2014 | 1988 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Ystheal+ Creme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin that can look dull and tired. It is also irritable once winter comes, and prone to acne. This cream moisturizes effectively during the fall/winter, but may be a tad heavy for summer months. It also does not cause any breakouts for me. I must admit that I had to ween myself onto using it. I could only start using it 2 times a week for about 2 months until my skin got used to it as it would sting a bit. Eventually, I grew to using it nightly and I am very happy with how my skin looks. I'm not impressed with the price, so I think I will try something similar but lesser in value. If I'm not happy with that product, I will be coming back to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by gatocarrapato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the first times I liked to use it, and I don't make allergie to it (which is great for me) but then I realised that it isn´t so well absoved by my skin. It's is for dry skins and for that I undertand that is a little oily, but I've tried better.
If I have it, I use it, but I didn't fall for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by katysuarez75

I have very sensitive skin! I wasted a lot of money on products before I found Avene products. Everything from Avene is wonderful and Ystheal is my favorite product. My skin is better than ever and finally I feel buying stuff that actually works! I totally recommend Avene products. I was introduced to these products by a dermatologist and I love them ALL!

I use Ystheal, Eulage (eye), Serenage, Eau Thermale, and Tinted Compact (SPF 50). ALL wonderful :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

This is a revisit - I had high hopes for this cream after the training from Avene (cosmetician).

It really irritated my skin, and i tried multiple times throughout the year...nope. it didn't work.

Going back to retinol creams from Neutrogena....not as strong but definitely won't piss off my skin (red, flaky, bumps) next day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream has completely transformed my skin, so here's my rave:
I'd been suffering from mild but very persistent adult acne for a few months: I had one or two new pimples every day, sometimes small, others painful and bigger, and some persistent blackheads on the sides of my cheeks. Nothing I did made any difference until I started using this. After a couple of days, I already noticed the difference in the texture of my skin: much smoother, no bumps underneath, no clogged pores. My skin is slightly dry and at first I didn't find this moisturising enough but now my skin seems to have got used to it. When I wake up my face doesn't feel tight but there's also no excess oil produced.
I've been using this for almost 2 months now and I still haven't got rid of all the pimples, but now they are restricted to a few days (probably hormonal) and they heal significantly faster overnight (when I use this). What's more, I have visible sebaceous filaments on my nose that used to get super clogged but I never had that problem anymore. My skin is luminous, smooth and I keep the rest of my routine really simple because I trust Ystheal to do the job. Now I'm only afraid of what might happen if one day I stop using this :) For around 20 euros you can't get anything better!
(oh, if only it wasn't peachy coloured - it does stain my pillow-cases a lot!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow. My skin has never looked this good (and I'm coming off a rough patch where my skin was under severe environmental stress). I'm 36, and my skin looks better than it did in my 20s. OK, I have a few fine lines on my forehead, but it's clearer and more radiant now!

I recently switched from the Ystheal Emulsion to the Ystheal Creme. While the emulsion was good, my skin veers toward the very dry side, especially in winter. The Creme has been perfect.

I started using the Creme about 2 weeks ago. Last week I realized that I didn't need to wear a base anymore (I have been wearing Laura Mercier's mineral powder to even things out). My skin is even-toned, glowing, perfectly clear. I've made two minor adjustments to my skincare routine recently: using the Ystheal Creme and adding a moisturizing serum as well (I'm really dry).

There is a light scent; it doesn't bother me. It hasn't irritated my skin. The peach color is fine, because it's meant to be worn at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lilacpriest

I had read a number of reviews on the Avene line since I had been intrigued by the products Duane Reade stores. Anyway, I'm glad that I tried it for myself. Before using Avene's Ystheal+Cream (colder months) and the Emulsion (warmer months), I used Olay's Regnerist serum for many years. I noticed that within the past couple of years, it was not as effective as I was getting older. Anyway, I do not have visible wrinkles, but the skin texture was not as smooth. I used to shy away from retinol products, because they were a bit too harsh. However, this Avene line is so gentle. It made my skin soft and youthful. I use it every night and occasionally mix it with a SPF lotion during the daytime. It works well under my make-up. It's the only anti-aging product I use, and I love it. I've given it to friends and family. I'm on my third tube. Only drawback is that you can't tell when the product is running low.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by tenacious_d

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When it comes to wrinkles, there are other products out there that can provide an immediate effect. I’m a big fan of hyaluronic acid serums to help plump and smooth on a daily basis (I really like skinceuticals for this). It’s still important to have a comfortable retinoid that goes further than a superficial band-aid, to help to smooth and clear the skin on a deeper level, and it really does take a few months to notice whether or not it's working.

Avene Ystheal and Eluage have been my favorites, because they use a derivative of retinol (retinaldehyde) that is so much less harsh, but still equally strong. Avene was my starter brand, because of that, thanks to a lot of patience and research on the skin board. Always looking for the next best thing, I tried out Skinceuticals .5 and 1 percent retinol formulas for about a year, and was constantly exfoliating and embarrassed by flaky skin the whole time… I had to dilute the stuff with other serums and Vit E oil so much, that it wasn’t even helping my wrinkles anymore. All the little lines that I had erased with avene came back. I don’t usually advocate a brand, but I can really get behind avene’s form of retinol… not sure if it’s available elsewhere. I can apply their treatments pretty liberally at night, and not have weird skin the next day. Since I’ve switched back, my wee starter wrinkles are now smooth again.

Approaching 30, I’m very sensitive to any sign of creasing… I’ve found out the hard way that overhauling my foundation and primers is a real lost cause. If you find the right stuff to take care of your skin, you spend so much less money trying to cover up its flaws. Big thanks to the MUA community for all the help :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

My favourite anti-ageing cream for three years now. It contains vitamin a, which is perfect for my combo-acne-prone skin.
I use it as a night cream, which is recommended when it comes to creams, that contain vitamin a.
In Europe, there are two versions of the cream, one for normal to combination and one for dry skin.
I had to buy the one for dry skin the last year, cause the other one wasn´t rich enough for me anymore. But even with the richer formula, I didn´t get any breakouts.
I don´t think that this cream works for women with dry or very dry skin, beause vitamin a tends to dry out the skin.
And a little warning: There are women, who really don´t react very good to vitamin a. You should test it on your arm, because it can irritate the skin.
In the wintertime, I have to add argan oil and a moisturizing serum underneath the cream, because otherwise, my skin wouldn´t have enough nourishing ingredients over night.
Still,I love this cream very much and it works!! I really don´t have any wrinkles at all and I´m 34.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Krisztina80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this a week ago, and it has eliminated my undereye cirles completely. This is really amazing, since they were really dark.