December 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a travel size, it came in a travel size kit. for the most part i like it, it made a bit of a difference in my skin. my legs dont look so uneven in color, theyre softer not super soft but not dry. just a nice soft. the smell is good, it can be a bit overpowering it sticks with you for a while but eventually goes away or you either just get used to it. i dont really like how it feels on my skin after i've applied it. feels sorta waxy like, but thats just me. its nice, id reccomend it. but i'm not entirely sure if i'm going to buy it again. give it a go though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Puckdog17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this lotion is really good, not fabulous, but really good
PROS
-very moisturizing
-a little goes a long way
-good price
-smell doesnt last very long
CONS-
doesnt smell great

i use this lotion daily after shaving and it makes my legs very soft and smooth
my only complaint is that the scent isnt very pleasant:( luckily its not that strong and disappears quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a gift pack. I used it on my face after running out of other moisturiser. It was nice, non greasy and absorbed well. It wouldn't be moisturising enough for me in winter but for summer was fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Karna2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my go to hand, feet and body lotion. I love the smell and the texture. Does a good job at moisturizing my hands that are quite beaten up from waitressing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by mystierodan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first few times I used this lotion it was fine but a few days ago I used it on my face and hands and now I have a terrible itchy rash thats warm and feels like a sunburn all over my face and neck. I read some others have had this problem too, when did the rash go away? I've been allpying aloe gel to cool it, but any advice what to do would be good, don't really want to have to see a doc unless it gets worse.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by petitelove

Since I love the smell of milk and honey, I decided to go with this lotion. That was a mistake. After just a few hours of applying this on my arms, legs, and face, I was left with a bumpy, red, and itchy rash all over my body, INCLUDING my face! Since this product was obviously no use to me (which was a bummer, since it cost $15), I gave it to my older sister. She then reported to me that she got a rash from this lotion as well. I appreciate the natural ingredients in this product, but this product made me break out - big time - from its thick consistency. Plus, the scent is horrific. It smells like rubber.

Lesson learned: Whenever you are trying a new moisturizer or cream, make sure to do a spot test! Apply the product on your inner arm to see if you have any skin reaction to it, and save yourself the trouble.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkie1205

I really like this as a hand cream. I love the smell. I'm not a fan of it as a body lotion, it's just not moisturizing enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by LisaLee28

It's ruined!

A few years ago, I used to buy this lotion regularly. It came in bottles and was around $10 -- not cheap, but not unreasonable, either. I received compliments on its summery, coconutty fragrance all the time. The consistency was kind of runny and it didn't absorb well, but it was indeed super-moisturizing and the smell was heavenly so it was worth it.

Recently, like last year, it was reformulated and now comes in a tube or pump bottle. And it now smells TERRIBLE! It is now better absorbing and still ultra-moisturizing, for sure. But it smells disgusting -- there is no semblance of coconut or mint like before. Definitely doesn't smell like milk or honey.

Ironically, for a product that is so natural, it now has an odor that can only be described as smelling like plastic bottles or vinyl. I mean awful. I kept hoping once it dried on my skin it would smell better -- but instead, I kept smelling my arm and then exclaiming "Ugh!" It only smelled worse! The only way to bear it after I put it on is to put perfume or different lotion over it to mask the horrible scent.

It's so bad that I contacted Burt's Bees to share my feedback. One of my concerns was that perhaps I'd just received a bad batch tainted with a chemical-ish smell. They were very gracious and kind enough to send another bottle -- and the new bottle smelled just as terrible! I'm appreciative of their great customer service, but it's still so disappointing this product has been ruined.

Nowadays, for my wintertime dry skin, I'll probably use Udderly Smooth Udder Cream instead of Burt's Bees. At least the Udderly Smooth is scentless while still moisturizing and absorbing well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

Yes, this product has been reformulated in recent years but I still love it. It is absolutely one of my favorite scents (even though it changed slightly, it still beats out every other drugstore scent IMO). This is the only body lotion I have used consistently because I love the smell of it so much. It moisturizes nicely and I don't find it greasy. I love that I can buy it in pump or tube form. I use it after every shower all over my body. The scent lingers which I like. I've been purchasing more and more of Burt's Bees because I find their products work very well for me. I will definitely repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by SPCAGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this lotion. Smells good, works really well (I use it on my legs, which are really dry), doesn't test on animals (Good job, Burt's Bees!) and it's just overall a great product... Except for the fact that one 6 oz. bottle costs, like, ten bucks! Not such a great price... But a great product.