Wet 'n' Wild 424 Black Creme

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

For how cheap it is, this is pretty good. 424 Black Creme has a reputation for being a OCW (one coat wonder), and it turns out that's actually true. The formula, while a little draggy, is opaque in just one coat and the polish dries to a shiny finish.

Still, this isn't the best black creme polish I've found. I have tried many, and they are NOT all the same. I would recommend FingerPaints Black Expressionism over this one. It's only a couple of dollars more, it's also a OCW, and the formula is of a higher quality. Or, if you really want to splurge, Illamsqua's Boosh is the absolute very best that I have ever used.

Still, I would buy 424 Black Creme again, just because it's so inexpensive. The quality isn't quite up there with what I normally use, but for 99 cents this is a real find!

Good stuff.

For the price this stuff is pretty good. It is a plain black polish...no glitter or shimmer to it. It took two coats for this to really look solid. MY only complaint is the packaging. I realize it's only a dollar or two but my cap came off and left the brush screwed in my very first time using it. I had to have my husband help me and now it doesn't align correctly :( Not a super biggy since it was so cheap but just a bit of a pain in the rump

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Overall a very nice black polish. The formula is as good if not better than some of the higher end brands. It is smooth and just the right consistency. It is also very well pigmentated. It gave full coverage with one coat but I used two because that is what I prefer.

The bottle is cute and the brush very nice and easy to use.

This was .99 at Meijer. A bargain for sure. I will definitely repurchase and try some of the others in this line. Having just put this on I am unsure of the wear but will update on that aspect of the product at a later date.

UPDATE on the wear of this beauty. I got 4.5 days of wear which is typical for me. This is 4.5 days of wear with showering, dishes, cleaning, and everyday life. Not bad for a .99 polish.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the best black nail polish I have ever owned. It is also CRUELTY FREE and only 99 cents at WalMart. This nail polish goes on opaque in 1-2 coats and I have had it on my nails for almost a week, just this polish and the matte top coat from Wet N Wild, and there is absolutely zero chipping.

The one con I can think of is I have this in the newer style packaging and after the first time I used it, when I tried to open the lid, it became detached from the brush part and was really difficult to get open. BUT I think this may have been my fault because I did leave this product in the glare of sunlight coming in from the window, and it is well over 100 degrees in Texas so the adhesive that they use to attach the brush part to the lid may have melted or something.

Either way, that is something that can be worked around and I don't mind because I did only pay a buck for this nail polish.

This is a good black polish- opaque in two coats. It does have that skunky smell that dark blue polishes sometimes have, but it dissipates quickly. I would buy this again. This brand goes on sale a lot, too, so you can get this for under a dollar.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Rich, creamy, shiny black nail polish that is very opaque. I only need two coats. I think this lasts as long as any dark opaque nail color; I use both base and top coat and it lasted a few days. It first chipped on damaged parts of my nails, which I think is to be expected. And where it did chip I just filled it in with more black polish and then put top coat on to smooth it out. I have never worn black nail polish before but I love this. Count me converted.

This nail polish does not last on my nails! I apply it and the same day it chips!! I have tried a lot of different types of base coats and top coats with it, but it doesn't last!!! This product could've gotten 5 stars if it lasted longer because I love how it is opaque in one coat and its brush. Sadly it only gets 3.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only black shade I've used for the past 5 years. It goes on smoothly and is very opaque. The average manicure lasts me a week before it chips. I paired it with WnW's clear nail protector as a top coat. Beware of an old bottle--I once did not use the black polish for a few months and it was clumpy and thick. Nonetheless, it only cost me $1 (!!) and does an outstanding job :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

What I adore most about this nail polish is the brush applicator, it is soooo easy to work with and it really makes it easy to apply the polish perfectly to your nails. The color is very pigmented and lasts long. I've had it for about 3 months, and the polish inside the bottle hasn't dried up or anything. The bottle is quite big and I feel like the product is very inexpensive for the amount of polish you get. I would definitely repurchase again.

This product is 99 cents. I mostly use it as a base when swatching other nail polishes over it, but it is also a pretty decent generic black nail polish. It isn't amazing or anything, but the opacity is pretty good - 2 coats is definitely enough, but you could get by with 1. The formula is a little on the thick side and it only gets thicker as more and more of the product is used. It dries very shiny. Black Creme is definitely worth purchasing, especially if you are on a budget.