December 22, 2014 | 1672 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - 424 Black Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by elizgarcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only black shade I've used for the past 5 years. It goes on smoothly and is very opaque. The average manicure lasts me a week before it chips. I paired it with WnW's clear nail protector as a top coat. Beware of an old bottle--I once did not use the black polish for a few months and it was clumpy and thick. Nonetheless, it only cost me $1 (!!) and does an outstanding job :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by JollyJo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

What I adore most about this nail polish is the brush applicator, it is soooo easy to work with and it really makes it easy to apply the polish perfectly to your nails. The color is very pigmented and lasts long. I've had it for about 3 months, and the polish inside the bottle hasn't dried up or anything. The bottle is quite big and I feel like the product is very inexpensive for the amount of polish you get. I would definitely repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by eaorb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is 99 cents. I mostly use it as a base when swatching other nail polishes over it, but it is also a pretty decent generic black nail polish. It isn't amazing or anything, but the opacity is pretty good - 2 coats is definitely enough, but you could get by with 1. The formula is a little on the thick side and it only gets thicker as more and more of the product is used. It dries very shiny. Black Creme is definitely worth purchasing, especially if you are on a budget.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this black its pigmented and shiny i use it for nail stamping and when i want a dark mani its great for the 1 price tag ill always repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by PeopleWillStare

I bought this polish a little while ago, mainly because I've never tried black polish before. Recently, I used it to do a French manicure with black tips instead of white, but wasn't very fond of the effect. Then I decided to just paint the entire nail with it instead of as a design and liked it much better. sidenote: I only like dark polish on short nails, because I think it looks chicer that way, and much more modern. I applied 2 coats of Black Crème + 1 coat clear nail polish, and was very surprised at how long the polish remained shiny and almost entirely chip-free! There was some minor wear on the tips, but I tend to use my nails a lot so that wasn't unusual. Very impressed, because this polish only cost 99 cents at Target! I would recommend this polish for anyone and I would definitely be buying this polish again if I ever run out. Two thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by lscholl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I owned this polish over year and bought it out of pure curiosity to try on black lol I remeber the lasting time was decent and it didn't chip badly. Dark nails are just not my thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by vcarlo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this polish! It is opaque and one coat does the trick. Dries relatively fast - although I think my one coat may have been a little thick. It is not streaky and has a very shiny/glossy finish. I used NYC Matte Me Crazy and Big City Dazzle topcoats.

I have used it only twice and it is now a little goopy. I hope that it's just my batch because I will definitely purchase again.

Also, the packaging is not the greatest. The words have rubbed off and I haven't had it very long.

Overall, I am satisfied with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic polish, and probably one of the only products in WNW's line that is worth anything. It goes on in one or two coats a very shiny black, that dries quickly and lasts at least a week. It's just as good as Urban Decay's black vinyl polish, and no where near the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wet N Wild, you have blown my mind with your Wild Shine nail color in Black Creme (424A)!!! This is a great formula that gives the most opaque and shiny finish with just 2 coats. I originally bought this to use with nail stamping after the MUA ladies on the nail board suggested it and it works perfectly for that. No need to spend money buying "special stamping polish". I have never been into the goth look and as someone in her 30's, I thought it would not suit me as regular polish but to my surprise, it looks very chic. I tried a twist of a french mani where the tip remains shiny black and the bottom is a matted black...very elegant. Best part of all, it is only $1 and it is formaldehyde free! Oh, as with all dark polishes, to help prevent nail staining, remember to use a base coat. To help with staying power, use a good quality top coat too! Will repurchase this time and again!

I don't know if I'm allowed to post pictures (borrowed image) on here but this is what I am talking about. http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2013/01/11/black-matte-manicures.jpg

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

You just can't beat this bargain polish for a basic must have black. This went on smoothly and a little streaky but evened out with 2 coats. It was almost opaque in only one coat. It is a little thin and tends to run so be careful and don't overload your brush. This has a standard thin brush and a nice long handle to grip. It does a nail in 3 swipes. This dries to a beautiful shiny finish. It doesn't need a top coat but I add one to protect my finish. For less than a dollar you just can't beat this deal. I use this for a base color, for dotting, stripes, and just painting. It is very versatile, It even works for stamping but I prefer the richer color provided by the special Konad polish but this polish does work. This is a wonderful little basic and a must have, It's nothing fancy but it works and it's priced right.