August 27, 2014 | 1742 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - 424 Black Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this black its pigmented and shiny i use it for nail stamping and when i want a dark mani its great for the 1 price tag ill always repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by PeopleWillStare

I bought this polish a little while ago, mainly because I've never tried black polish before. Recently, I used it to do a French manicure with black tips instead of white, but wasn't very fond of the effect. Then I decided to just paint the entire nail with it instead of as a design and liked it much better. sidenote: I only like dark polish on short nails, because I think it looks chicer that way, and much more modern. I applied 2 coats of Black Crème + 1 coat clear nail polish, and was very surprised at how long the polish remained shiny and almost entirely chip-free! There was some minor wear on the tips, but I tend to use my nails a lot so that wasn't unusual. Very impressed, because this polish only cost 99 cents at Target! I would recommend this polish for anyone and I would definitely be buying this polish again if I ever run out. Two thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by lscholl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I owned this polish over year and bought it out of pure curiosity to try on black lol I remeber the lasting time was decent and it didn't chip badly. Dark nails are just not my thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by vcarlo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this polish! It is opaque and one coat does the trick. Dries relatively fast - although I think my one coat may have been a little thick. It is not streaky and has a very shiny/glossy finish. I used NYC Matte Me Crazy and Big City Dazzle topcoats.

I have used it only twice and it is now a little goopy. I hope that it's just my batch because I will definitely purchase again.

Also, the packaging is not the greatest. The words have rubbed off and I haven't had it very long.

Overall, I am satisfied with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic polish, and probably one of the only products in WNW's line that is worth anything. It goes on in one or two coats a very shiny black, that dries quickly and lasts at least a week. It's just as good as Urban Decay's black vinyl polish, and no where near the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wet N Wild, you have blown my mind with your Wild Shine nail color in Black Creme (424A)!!! This is a great formula that gives the most opaque and shiny finish with just 2 coats. I originally bought this to use with nail stamping after the MUA ladies on the nail board suggested it and it works perfectly for that. No need to spend money buying "special stamping polish". I have never been into the goth look and as someone in her 30's, I thought it would not suit me as regular polish but to my surprise, it looks very chic. I tried a twist of a french mani where the tip remains shiny black and the bottom is a matted black...very elegant. Best part of all, it is only $1 and it is formaldehyde free! Oh, as with all dark polishes, to help prevent nail staining, remember to use a base coat. To help with staying power, use a good quality top coat too! Will repurchase this time and again!

I don't know if I'm allowed to post pictures (borrowed image) on here but this is what I am talking about. http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2013/01/11/black-matte-manicures.jpg

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

You just can't beat this bargain polish for a basic must have black. This went on smoothly and a little streaky but evened out with 2 coats. It was almost opaque in only one coat. It is a little thin and tends to run so be careful and don't overload your brush. This has a standard thin brush and a nice long handle to grip. It does a nail in 3 swipes. This dries to a beautiful shiny finish. It doesn't need a top coat but I add one to protect my finish. For less than a dollar you just can't beat this deal. I use this for a base color, for dotting, stripes, and just painting. It is very versatile, It even works for stamping but I prefer the richer color provided by the special Konad polish but this polish does work. This is a wonderful little basic and a must have, It's nothing fancy but it works and it's priced right.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a creamy, opaque, high shine black. As others have said, it chips horribley no matter what HE base or top coat I use. I don't have luck with any polish lasting long on my natural nails, but this chips off much faster than higher quality polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Samanthaiam

I don't use this as a regular polish. I use it when I want to experiment with my Konad stamping and practice getting my technique perfect and for seeing how clearly each stamp actually is. I use this color to test with before using my expensive Konad black stamping polish and it saves me a lot of money. I also use it when I am frankening, if I want to darken a polish just slightly I do so one drop at a time to achieve the perfect color. This is a lovely black though, opaque and shiny in two coats. But for longevity and a full manicure I use Orly Liquid Leather.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Gumbiiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For 99 cents, this is a good nail polish. It applies very evenly and leaves a very creamy, opaque finish. I would highly enjoy this polish, if it weren't for the chipping. Only a few hours after I apply it, I find lots of chipping. While I love the color, application, and price, it's not worth constantly having to reapply it.