NYX Powder Blush (ALL)

4.3

Magnesium Stearate, Talc, Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Octyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Lanoline Oil, Squalane, BHA, Propylparaben, Iron Oxide.

on 8/20/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't get the hype of this product. I have one in dusty rose

PROS:
Highly pigmented
Affordable

CONS:
Hard to blend
Emphasizes facial hair, even if you don't have much
Makes your skin look DRY

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am a self professed makeup hoarder! I bought one of these blushes as a hope it would be a Nars orgasm dupe, I was wrong. Then, I bought another one hoping it would be a dupe for TheBalm hot mama. Wrong again.. In spite of how much I dislike these blushes, I can't get rid of them. I love the tiny little compact these come in, and love the color variety. I really wish these blended out easier, and stayed all day. My Wet N' Wild blush in pearlescent pink is better than these! Nyx has enough sponsored reviews, you know they are making money; In my opinion, these could be so much better! Highly disappointed, because I love Nyx makeup.

on 4/7/2015 4:06:00 PM

I have two different colours: Apricot (a light pink with specks of glitter) and Cinnamon (a dark orangey red). I love using Apricot but the colour payoff isn't high (even though I have very fair skin), Cinnamon on the other hand has high colour payoff. I have to be very lighthanded with Cinnamon and think it is better suited for darker skin tones.

The price isn't high for these but they seem to be very hit and miss. Worth trying some in your favourite colours but not depending on these for your entire collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not very pigmented, but the payoff is good after a little build up. Long lasting and a wide variety of colours.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

of the powder blushes i've tried, all of them have great pigmentation and blend easily. not much else to say about blush... there a number of color choices to accommodate many different skin tones. i LOVE the color cinnamon for women of color(including myself). looks fantastic on any shade of brown skin, especially for the summer

on 2/11/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a really great blush. I have it in the shade bourgeois pig, which is a medium-dark matte pink with cool undertones. The formula is great too because it isn't so soft that it crumbles everywhere and it is smooth and easy to blend. The pigment is good but I wish it was a little more pigmented, although it makes it buildable so this isn't a problem for me. Also, the powder is just a teensy bit hard so it is just a smidge hard to get onto the brush. The other small problem I have is that the packaging is kind of cheap and flimsy feeling. I feel like if I dropped it the plastic would break. But all in all, awesome blush.

on 1/25/2015 7:53:00 PM

I have shade terracotta and its beautiful on my tanned skin. I love the package, perfect to travel with. There is no fall out so no mess. Colour can be built up but seems to dissapear slightly after 5ish hours. It doesnt move or anything like that so wont look odd on the cheeks. Blends beautifully. I will be buying more shades and replacing this particular shade when out. Feels great on. I love it.

on 7/23/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I only have one of these, Pinched. I always hear people on YouTube rave on and on about the NYX blushes, especially in Pinched. At the moment Im NC45, extremely tan and this shows up very pretty, a pretty pink with some shimmer. It makes me look awake and cheerful. I have oily skin and it does not last very long. Id rather have it fade away then make my skin look shiny or oily though. On a four hour work day, after two hours I noticed my blush was just barely noticeable. :/ Even if I pack it on it won't stay for too long... It is very pigmented though, and you get a good size for $5. The color is very similar to Nars Orgasm as well. I use the ELF small stipple brush (which is AMAZING) and it applies the product amazingly exactly where I want and lets me build it to how much I want instead of just too much in one go. I do recommend it, maybe if you have normal/dry skin it will last longer, but on my oily skin, doesnt hold up as well. I do looove the color and finish though, and would buy again, also maybe other shades would hold better too (:

on 5/28/2014 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Years ago I had some Nars blush that was super red. I loved it, but it was hard to use. I found this NYX dupe called "red" (pb24) that's a little less pigmented. This is often my go-to, depending on how crappy I look that day lol
HG <3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was really wanting to be impressed with these blushes, but unfortunately, that's not what happened. I bought two cute, bright, everyday spring pinks: mocha and peach. Both blushes are very pigmented. Peach, in moderation, is the perfect pop of color to an otherwise sleepy face. I was disappointed because, as pigmented as these blushes are, they just don't apply or blend well. I used a MAC 168 brush with this, which usually applies powder products flawlessly, and is easy to blend with, but this blush wouldn't budge. I tried the MAC S129 and it worked reasonably better, so I was happy; but it didn't stay for very long at all.

If you buy NYX powder blushes, you're getting:

-easy to store, compact packaging
-a huge color selection and pigmented shades
-a very short staying power for a blush, maybe two-four hours at most
-little blendability