October 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Brows - The Body Shop - Eyebrow definer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It is very nice product, looks natural. Comes in 3 shades with dark brown being the darkest one. It looks perfect with my almost black eyebrows. I am happy that the brown is more dusty greyish brown rather than reddish, like many other brow pencils in the market. Easy to apply. The price is dirt cheap compared to what you pay for similar quality products at Sephora!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by chrissie8809

I really dislike writing negative reviews, but I can't stand this product!

My eyebrows need constant attention, in terms of filling in and defining, as i've been rather over-zealous with tweezers in the past!

After turning up at work, I realized much to my horror that i'd forgotton to do my brows! My beloved Clinique brow definer was alllllll the way at home, not doing me an ounce of good :( But luckily (or so i thought!) my workplace is virtually next to a Body Shop...so I scurried in on my break and hunted down the eyebrow pencils.

This looked like a safe enough bet, so after swatching them I picked my desired shade and left, literally running back to the office bathrooms to fix my face!

Ugh. Thats the only way I can describe it. It was horribly waxy, with little-to-no colour payoff at all. It didn't "define" my brows, nor deposit colour....Just coated 'em in a nasty film & pushed them around a little - They looked worse than before!

Would not repurchase, ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is quite easy to use and gives a nice, natural colour. True to what the promoter said, brown looks more natural on black eyebrows then using a black pencil colour. I love the natural look so this was a plus for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by jacquiesaur

i've tried a lot of brow products. shiseido was close to being one of my favorites, but unfortunately the colors were hard to match with my dark brown colored asian hair. i have this in the shade dark brown and it looks so natural and so perfect when done with light strokes. i love this so much! definitely close to being an HG.

the only complaint is that i wish there was some brush or whatever on the other end of the pencil like other eyebrow pencils have.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Meh. The lippies are for the colour only. I like the fact that its a true brown without bordering on ginger. The formula itself is quite bad for me. It's a waxy hard pencil, but small particles break off upon application and when combed through they stick hairs together with solid colour, giving a very unnatural effect. I'll stick to my Rimmel brow pencil instead thanks!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by estel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used a couple of these up, but found that compared to Shiseido's brow pencil, they're very soft and consequently don't last long at all (I'd go through one in a month or two).

I have since switched to powder (currently TBS Brow & Liner Kit), and find it far easier to use/control than the pencil (plus, the product lasts longer).

The price is not bad - except that you need to keep buying more! I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this pencil in 01 (Blonde/Auburn) and I'm quite happy with it. I use it to "fill in" the empty spots along my brows and it does the job well. The colour is quite light and appropriate for my fair skin and blond/auburn hair :-)

UPDATE: Now that I've got my hands on Smashbox BrowKit, I haven't been using the pencils. Powder is the way to go!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I purchased this a while back and stopped using it because it was so dark. I think it was because I wasn't used to extremely defined eyebrows since I never penciled my eyebrows before. It is still a bit dark for me, but I make it work by applying it in light fast strokes and brushing it through with an eyebrow comb to make it more natural looking, then I set it with a clear brow gel. I don't love this product but it does the job for me. When I use it up I may try something different so I'm not 100% sure if I'll purchase this again or not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

brow definer comes in a pencil form. the texture is really creamy for an eyebrow pencil. more creamy than any eyebrow pencil i've ever used. it's very blendable but i guess that's where the problem lies. you need to have a steady hand when using this, otherwise you'll end up with funny brows. you need a sharpener to use it and it has no built-in brush so you also need a separate brow brush. not exactly practical and i hate the creamy texture of the pencil. i will repurchase just because shade 02 is a perfect match to my coloring.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the texture of this product. I normally use the Lancome poudre pencil and this comes close. It does have that powdery feel which probably adds to the very few problems I had. It doesn't last very long and needs constant sharpening. I'm on my second pencil in just a couple of months. I thought I received a defective pencil when the lid kept coming loose in my MU bag, but it also happened to my second one. I'll try this again, but may have to go back to Lancome. At the rate I'm purchasing this it may be cheaper to buy the Lancome since that lasts much longer.