Manic Panic Dreamtone Flawless Foundation & Color Corrector - Virgin (White)

4.1

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Jojoba Oil, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate and Tetrasodium EDTA.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i received this in the mail the other day from amazon and i've tested it a few times and have come to the conclusion that this shit is my jam. as with many pale people, i have a really hard time finding a foundation that goes light enough to actually match me. i dealt with it for a few years with many different foundations, telling myself the difference between my face and the rest of me wasn't as obvious as i thought it was. unfortunately, reality hit me and i realized that i had to do something about this because i looked weird as hell with my mismatched face. enter the dreamtone white foundation. a pump and a half and my guerlain parure de lumiere in 01 beige pale is the exact color i need it to be to match my neck. best of all, it doesn't change the consistency or finish of my foundation. i'd say this is a must-have if you're pale like me and tired of nothing matching you!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I can't live without this! It's an absolute staple in my makeup routine. I have very fair skin, NW10 is even a bit too pink, so a white mixer is a must have for me. I've tried MAC Face and Body and Illamasqua but the consistency of both never mixed right. They are also very expensive and when you have to use it every day it adds up. I get my Dream Tone on Amazon for about $9 and it lasts me two months. It's not too runny and not too thick and makes your makeup lighter without completely whiting you out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an absolute must have for me. I am about NW 10-15 in MAC, for reference, and I have to mix white with almost all of my foundations. This product doesn't change the consistency of my foundations (although I have not tried it with thicker cream foundations)--I've even mixed it with a liquid-to-powder foundation and it still works effectively. The price is totally reasonable, and it lasts a long time as well. If you're very, very pale, I highly recommend this. Never go out looking orange ever again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Good product. Dont listen to tinkerbell, she sounds like shes paula. Paula is an inaccurate site web from a woman who shits on other brands's cosmetics while blatantly praise hers. Putting this foundation on your face wont give you cancer. Man, the internet is full of crazy people.
Anyway, im blonde and white as snow so i mix it with missha's perfect bb cream and it works :) the ingredients are fine and i have sensitive skin and skin hasn't break out.

Mixed feelings on this one! I've had this for about a year now and have repurchased it twice. I'm extremely pale and have found only one foundation which matches - but it's only light coverage. I bought this and mixed it with my no7 foundation and once I found the perfect ratio of no7 and manic panic, it was a dream. It mixed well and suited my skin perfectly. However, I work in a shop with a lot of lights and I've noticed that about 3 hours into my shift, it gets extremely greasy and becomes uncomfortable to wear. It's a little better if I powder but only by an added 30 minutes wear. It also doesn't blend with some foundations - it didn't blend with revlon or bourjois but they're quite oily foundations anyhow whereas the no7 is quite matte. The price is great and will last ages but I do sometimes feel that I'm only using it because there's not really much other choice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff has saved me so much trouble! I'm really pale and have always had difficulty finding foundations that match my skin. With Dreamtone, I can make most foundations work for my skin tone. The bottle I got is pretty liquidy which I have heard means that it's not a 'good' bottle, but I've had no problems. The consistency of the product thins out my foundation quite a bit, however I don't think it compromises the coverage at all.

Being able to get the right shade of foundation has made my mornings so much easier. I don't have to spend forever blending down my neck and into my hairline. Right now, I am liking the mix of this foundation with my Covergirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous foundation in Classic Ivory 105. These two products are staples for me. They are cheap, quick/easy to apply, and the coverage is great for daily wear. I can apply the mix heavily to cover my acne scarring and redness and keep it light where I like to let my freckles show through. It takes hardly any time at all and my makeup looks so much more natural than it used to.

Also, I should mention, I have very acne-prone skin that can have dry patches and I don't find that this breaks me out or causes foundations to cling any more or less than they normally would.

This is a lifesaver! I've been able to use two foundations that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to without this foundation. It is a rather liquidy consistency. The only issue I have is that the pump is not the best (although I'm grateful for the pump) and it sometimes splatters if you're not careful when pumping it out. This makes trying to pick out a foundation shade not as stressful because I know I'll always be able to lighten it up.

Thank you, thank you Manic Panic for making white foundation. White foundation that isn't bright, opaque, printer-paper white, but still a clean white.

My skin is extremely pale. It's very rare that I find foundation that is pale enough for me. So what I do is I mix this white foundation in to regular foundation to make it pale enough for me. It works amazingly well. It also gives the ability to adjust it based on how pale I am that day.

This is a little oily, and I see that the bottle I have is starting to separate. I haven't been able to find a good alternative for this product, so regardless of the oiliness I will stick with this. Wow am I happy that this exists.

EDIT: The reviewer talking about the FDA warning for the ingredients was about the propylene glycol. This ingredient is commonly used in ice cream, as an anti-freezing agent. They also use it to defrost airplane wings. So... it's not the greatest thing on the planet to be slathering yourself with. Personally though, it's not high on my list of complaints.

In response to the last review posted regarding the ingredients of this product, I would like to point people in the direction of
so that you may review the current research on these ingredients to make an informed decision about this product.

The ingredients as listed on Amazon.com for this product are:

After looking up each and every one of these ingredients, I found none to have any scientific research showing that any of these ingredients are bad for skin or cause aging, etc. as claimed in the last review. I actually found quite the contrary: they were all found to be perfectly safe and good for cosmetic use.

While it is important as consumers to be skeptical and cautious about what we use on our skin and in our bodies, this product does not contain any harmful ingredients, as determined by the current scientific research. Hope this helps.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

** FDA health warnings to an ingredient in this product and tons of healthier options below!

** Cheaper alternative to this below - only $3.50 and ships international!

EDIT:
Response to review by Sera719
1.The FDA, who ARE health experts, provide a WARNING against one of Manic Panics main ingredients (ANTIFREEZE) in high concentrations.

2. Paulas Choice does NOT review Manic Panic or make ANY statement on Propylene Glycol so Sera719 is fibbing us to say information is found there

3. Paula' Choice, bless her heart, helps us understand BEAUTY ingredients not health and safety as she is not a doctor or a scientist (and nor is Sera719). If you want to know about beauty I love Paula. But if you're serious about health and anti-aging science go and ask the right people, ie experts not Sera719

4. Sera179 has not done any reviews on this site except to create an account and try and attack my review. Perhaps a fake account created by the company itself who don't like informed choice?? I've seen this happen on MUA before and often have been removed after complaints.

MY REVIEW:Sorry for all you Goth, Cos-Play and Fair-skinned pale beauties who swear by this but I had to put it out there that I know these ingredients are low quality, aging for the skin and have serious FDA health warnings as well as containing anti-freeze, acne irritants and pore clogging ingredients.

"Propylene glycol at low concentration is used as a humectant or humidifying and delivery ingredient to keep from drying. It is easily absorbed through skin. At higher concentraion it could a potent skin irritant. PG could provoke skin irritation and sensitization at concentration as low as 2%. In fact U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued a warning to avoid skin contact to prevent brain, liver, and kidney abnormalities."

*** If you don't mind ingredients try Mehron "Fantasy F-X Water Based Makeup" in White. Its almost the same ingredient list but for only US $3.50 at beautyjoint.com but its about 1/4 of the Manic Panic price. The do international shipping ***

** If you want quality ingredients and are happy to pay more try these reviews ***
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 01 White
- Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in RF 100 White (dry skin)
- Face Atelier Ultra Foundation in Zero Minus (White, silicone based)
- Ben Nye in Clown White
- MAC Face and Body in White (orange scented)
- MAC Pro Full Coverage in White

Another option is Stargazer Liquid Foundation in White. Cruelty-free, sells on ebay. I've never seen an ingredients list so I don't know the quality but a New Zealand youtuber xlivlovesmakeup I saw recently said it was a really thick texture and good for mixing with her darker foundations.

Anyway back to Manic Panic Dreamtone ingredients:

- ACNE BREAKOUTS / COMEDOGENIC. Many of these ingredients are high on the scientific comedogenic (pore clogging) scale and cause acne. Check the acne boards for discussion.

- CONTAINS ANTIFREEZE
Contains a high amount of Propylene Glycol, is anti-freeze. While safe to ingest in healthy people (the liver detoxifies it before it hits the bloodstream) is not safe to use on skin as it bypasses the liver and the poison goes absorbs into the skin (causing damage and premature aging of the skin, not obvious but builds up over time), and then directly goes into the bloodstream to cause DNA damage wherever it wanders. Cheap ass products often have Propylene Glycol and mid-high end ones almost never do and there is a reason why. Rich people don't like damaged skin, no matter how subtle it creeps in over time.

The preservative Tetrasodium EDTA is not the safest category as can trigger sensitive skin.

I had a reaction to this product as well as the Manic Panic pressed powder in Virgin so did my research....I don't recommend this for sensitive skin or people who don't want to age quickly or look older than they actually are.

The ingredients as listed on Amazon.com for this product are: