November 28, 2014 | 1310 users online

Foundations - Manic Panic - Dreamtone Flawless Foundation & Color Corrector - Virgin (White)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Sera719

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In response to the last review posted regarding the ingredients of this product, I would like to point people in the direction of
so that you may review the current research on these ingredients to make an informed decision about this product.

The ingredients as listed on Amazon.com for this product are:
Water, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Jojoba Oil, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate and Tetrasodium EDTA.

After looking up each and every one of these ingredients, I found none to have any scientific research showing that any of these ingredients are bad for skin or cause aging, etc. as claimed in the last review. I actually found quite the contrary: they were all found to be perfectly safe and good for cosmetic use.

While it is important as consumers to be skeptical and cautious about what we use on our skin and in our bodies, this product does not contain any harmful ingredients, as determined by the current scientific research. Hope this helps.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sorry for those who swear by this but I had to put it out there that I know these ingredients are low quality and aging/bad for skin.

*** If you don't mind ingredients try Mehron "Fantasy F-X Water Based Makeup" in White. Its almost the same ingredient list but for only US $3.50 at beautyjoint.com but its about 1/4 of the Manic Panic price. The do international shipping ***

** If you want quality ingredients and are happy to pay more try these reviews ***
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 01 White
- Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in RF 100 White (dry skin)
- Face Atelier Ultra Foundation in Zero Minus (White, silicone based)
- Ben Nye in Clown White
- MAC Face and Body in White (orange scented)
- MAC Pro Full Coverage in White

Another option is Stargazer Liquid Foundation in White. Cruelty-free, sells on ebay. I've never seen an ingredients list so I don't know the quality but a New Zealand youtuber xlivlovesmakeup I saw recently said it was a really thick texture and good for mixing with her darker foundations.

Anyway back to Manic Panic Dreamtone. The 2nd ingredient is highly comedogenic (highest rating on the scale). Acne prone people WILL get acne from this. Sorry.

They say this is oil free but it states Lanolin Oil right there on the ingredients list so I don't place much truth in any of their other marketing either.

But even worse, the 3rd ingredient, Propylene Glycol, is anti-freeze. While safe to ingest in healthy people (the liver detoxifies it before it hits the bloodstream) is not safe to use on skin as it bypasses the liver and the poison goes absorbs into the skin (causing damage and premature aging of the skin, not obvious but builds up over time), and then directly goes into the bloodstream to cause DNA damage wherever it wanders. Cheap ass products often have Propylene Glycol and mid-high end ones almost never do and there is a reason why. Rich people don't like damaged skin, no matter how subtle it creeps in over time.

The preservatives Tetrasodium EDTA and Imidazolidynl Urea are not the safest category (I try to avoid them as they cause sensitivity reactions). And there are 2 Parabens preservatives as well.

Then on top of all this they add fragrance which is not good for sensitive skin.

I had a reaction to this product as well as the Manic Panic pressed powder in Virgin....I don't recommend this for sensitive skin or people who don't want to age to look older than they actually are.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail foundation right here. I am so fair that I can wear the Dreamtone foundation in Virgin by itself. But it is definitely a MUST HAVE if I use any other foundations. I regularly mix in 1-2 pumps of this to 1/2 to 1 pump of any other of my foundations before applying them. I've applied the mix with fingers, beauty blenders, flat head brushes, etc and it always applies well. If I am using the Dreamtone alone as my foundation, I almost always apply it with a beauty blender so that it gets worked into my skin really well and blended. Otherwise it can go on a little patchy. I bought my Dreamtone with a pump and I love it. It's simple to use, mess free and I will always have a supply of this. I bought it online for $13. I wish it was a little cheaper, but I can't complain since there are drugstore foundations that cost more than that now. Overall I'm pleased with this and think it would work for most skin types; if you have dry skin, I would recommend moisturizing really well first to make sure that it doesn't clinge to any dry patches.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by gmmuto48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I was tired of having foundation that was too dark and always having a very distinct color difference between my face an my body so I went looking for a white foundation and came upon this. I was also looking at two other high end brands but they're just so expensive and I just could not come to terms with spending that much money on a mixer...
That being said I bought this one and it definitely does it's job in making my foundation a lighter color. I usually mix 50/50.. It is a thick consistency; mine also came with a pump so that's really nice as well.. It does seem to last a long time, I've gone through two tubes of foundation and only half a bottle of the Manic Panic. It was about 12 dollars on Amazon which is fantastic because the other white mixing foundations are $40+
My only complaint is that it is very drying and I find that it makes my foundation look a little cakey and creases more easily. I already use a super mattifying foundation (Wet N' Wild Cover All Cream Foundation 815) because I have oily skin and need my foundation to last 12+ hours for college classes and it just doesn't seem to pair well with the Wet N' Wild (at least for the winter- it might be fine in the 100 degree summer)
Overall I'd probably buy it again but I might just invest in Mac's Face & Body because of the caking and creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by MyPorcelainLife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite liquid foundation. I'm uber pale and tend to go for a more gothic makeup look so this foundation in virgin is perfect. It looks great, lasts for hours and isn't so thick that I look like I'm wearing clown makeup. The only thing I don't like is the little spatula applicator. It gets gunky and makes the stuff awkward to apply. Once I get it on my skin, I use a sponge to apply it evenly. It can be tough to apply, especially if your skin hasn't been waxed recently. But with a little extra effort, it will eventually absorb. I then top it off with Vampyre's Veil in virgin white and I'm set for the day with a perfectly pale canvas for the rest of my makeup. One thing to be careful of is to make sure you blend it out to your ears and down your neck or you may end up looking like you're wearing a mask. Otherwise, I have no complaints about this foundation at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Catanic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this mainly to lighten my foundations and it works a charm! The pricing is affordable, not too cheap and not too expensive.
It is available in a pump bottle which is amazingly convenient.
I recommend this to anyone who wants to lighten foundation, but not as something to wear by itself because it looks awful, even on a goth person like myself. It also works well as an eye primer, as it gets a very clean white look that makes bright colors stand out.
I find that it makes my skin break out more, but I still use it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This is a real time and money saver for super pale girls out there who find that even the palest shade from any brand is still too dark. This is a mostly waterbased product though so bear in mind that it might not work so well with heavily oil based foundations or those full of silicones. But I have had success with using it with Revlon Colorstay, Avon anew foundation, Garnier oil free BB cream, loreal True match Lumi and several others that would have just gone to waste if I didnt own this. A little goes a long way and I have had the bottle over a year and a half and it's still 3/4 full! I also love that it has a spatula for easy distribution onto the back of your hand.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyedGal86

This is my foundation and money saver! Almost every foundation I own is too dark for me and I always get the lightest shade possible. I've never been colormatched perfectly. They do their best. I'm just a warm vampire ghost girl and it can't be helped.

I just mix a pumps worth of this into my foundation and it pales it down enough that it is my perfect match. I use it with Revlon Colorstay, MUF HD, L'Oreal TrueMatch, and others.

I have not tried it just on its own so I don't know how well it would work. You would have to be REALLY pale because this is whiteout white.

If you are like me and have a hard time finding a foundation pale enough, this will save you a lot of money and a giant headache!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Buggles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Where has this been all my life. Most of the time, even the lightest shade in a foundation line is too light for me. I just add a pump or pump and half to my foundation and it's light enough to wear. It does not really change the way the foundation feels or wears so that it a plus as well.

I don't really think it would be very flattering on its own but I have yet to try it that way.

This is a great foundation correction for someone who is really pale/fair and cannot find a shade that works.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this, but my problem with it is the odd little spatula that comes in it. It's very unhygenic, and it's very annoying with how much product comes out with it. Other then that, it matches my skin, looks good, and I love that people ask me how I get so pale with this on. Love it and will repurchase.