Manic Panic Dreamtone Flawless Foundation & Color Corrector - Virgin (White)

4.1

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Jojoba Oil, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate and Tetrasodium EDTA.

on 5/12/2015 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff has saved me so much trouble! I'm really pale and have always had difficulty finding foundations that match my skin. With Dreamtone, I can make most foundations work for my skin tone. The bottle I got is pretty liquidy which I have heard means that it's not a 'good' bottle, but I've had no problems. The consistency of the product thins out my foundation quite a bit, however I don't think it compromises the coverage at all.

Being able to get the right shade of foundation has made my mornings so much easier. I don't have to spend forever blending down my neck and into my hairline. Right now, I am liking the mix of this foundation with my Covergirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous foundation in Classic Ivory 105. These two products are staples for me. They are cheap, quick/easy to apply, and the coverage is great for daily wear. I can apply the mix heavily to cover my acne scarring and redness and keep it light where I like to let my freckles show through. It takes hardly any time at all and my makeup looks so much more natural than it used to.

Also, I should mention, I have very acne-prone skin that can have dry patches and I don't find that this breaks me out or causes foundations to cling any more or less than they normally would.

on 4/26/2015 10:34:00 PM

This is a lifesaver! I've been able to use two foundations that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to without this foundation. It is a rather liquidy consistency. The only issue I have is that the pump is not the best (although I'm grateful for the pump) and it sometimes splatters if you're not careful when pumping it out. This makes trying to pick out a foundation shade not as stressful because I know I'll always be able to lighten it up.

Thank you, thank you Manic Panic for making white foundation. White foundation that isn't bright, opaque, printer-paper white, but still a clean white.

My skin is extremely pale. It's very rare that I find foundation that is pale enough for me. So what I do is I mix this white foundation in to regular foundation to make it pale enough for me. It works amazingly well. It also gives the ability to adjust it based on how pale I am that day.

This is a little oily, and I see that the bottle I have is starting to separate. I haven't been able to find a good alternative for this product, so regardless of the oiliness I will stick with this. Wow am I happy that this exists.

EDIT: The reviewer talking about the FDA warning for the ingredients was about the propylene glycol. This ingredient is commonly used in ice cream, as an anti-freezing agent. They also use it to defrost airplane wings. So... it's not the greatest thing on the planet to be slathering yourself with. Personally though, it's not high on my list of complaints.

on 2/6/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Amazing! I love this stuff so much.. I'm not even that pale, I can easily find a foundation that suits my skin.. But this just makes it last powdery, goes on smoother.. My foundation doesn't sits into my pores like it does without this stuff.

I mix it with the Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage, and those colors are awful. So this makes a big difference.
It looks so much more natural, especially in daylight.
It's not mat, it kinda has a shine to it, which I like, since I'm always using mat foundations, this makes it a little less mat. Skin looks more alive.

I love it, never want to stop using it!
If I would switch to another foundation, I'm gonna buy a shade to dark so I can mix this lol.

on 11/7/2014 12:07:00 PM

In response to the last review posted regarding the ingredients of this product, I would like to point people in the direction of
so that you may review the current research on these ingredients to make an informed decision about this product.

The ingredients as listed on Amazon.com for this product are:

After looking up each and every one of these ingredients, I found none to have any scientific research showing that any of these ingredients are bad for skin or cause aging, etc. as claimed in the last review. I actually found quite the contrary: they were all found to be perfectly safe and good for cosmetic use.

While it is important as consumers to be skeptical and cautious about what we use on our skin and in our bodies, this product does not contain any harmful ingredients, as determined by the current scientific research. Hope this helps.

on 10/9/2014 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

** FDA health warnings to an ingredient in this product and tons of healthier options below!

** Cheaper alternative to this below - only $3.50 and ships international!

EDIT:
Response to review by Sera719
1.The FDA, who ARE health experts, provide a WARNING against one of Manic Panics main ingredients (ANTIFREEZE) in high concentrations.

2. Paulas Choice does NOT review Manic Panic or make ANY statement on Propylene Glycol so Sera719 is fibbing us to say information is found there

3. Paula' Choice, bless her heart, helps us understand BEAUTY ingredients not health and safety as she is not a doctor or a scientist (and nor is Sera719). If you want to know about beauty I love Paula. But if you're serious about health and anti-aging science go and ask the right people, ie experts not Sera719

4. Sera179 has not done any reviews on this site except to create an account and try and attack my review. Perhaps a fake account created by the company itself who don't like informed choice?? I've seen this happen on MUA before and often have been removed after complaints.

MY REVIEW:Sorry for all you Goth, Cos-Play and Fair-skinned pale beauties who swear by this but I had to put it out there that I know these ingredients are low quality, aging for the skin and have serious FDA health warnings as well as containing anti-freeze, acne irritants and pore clogging ingredients.

"Propylene glycol at low concentration is used as a humectant or humidifying and delivery ingredient to keep from drying. It is easily absorbed through skin. At higher concentraion it could a potent skin irritant. PG could provoke skin irritation and sensitization at concentration as low as 2%. In fact U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued a warning to avoid skin contact to prevent brain, liver, and kidney abnormalities."

*** If you don't mind ingredients try Mehron "Fantasy F-X Water Based Makeup" in White. Its almost the same ingredient list but for only US $3.50 at beautyjoint.com but its about 1/4 of the Manic Panic price. The do international shipping ***

** If you want quality ingredients and are happy to pay more try these reviews ***
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 01 White
- Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in RF 100 White (dry skin)
- Face Atelier Ultra Foundation in Zero Minus (White, silicone based)
- Ben Nye in Clown White
- MAC Face and Body in White (orange scented)
- MAC Pro Full Coverage in White

Another option is Stargazer Liquid Foundation in White. Cruelty-free, sells on ebay. I've never seen an ingredients list so I don't know the quality but a New Zealand youtuber xlivlovesmakeup I saw recently said it was a really thick texture and good for mixing with her darker foundations.

Anyway back to Manic Panic Dreamtone ingredients:

- ACNE BREAKOUTS / COMEDOGENIC. Many of these ingredients are high on the scientific comedogenic (pore clogging) scale and cause acne. Check the acne boards for discussion.

- CONTAINS ANTIFREEZE
Contains a high amount of Propylene Glycol, is anti-freeze. While safe to ingest in healthy people (the liver detoxifies it before it hits the bloodstream) is not safe to use on skin as it bypasses the liver and the poison goes absorbs into the skin (causing damage and premature aging of the skin, not obvious but builds up over time), and then directly goes into the bloodstream to cause DNA damage wherever it wanders. Cheap ass products often have Propylene Glycol and mid-high end ones almost never do and there is a reason why. Rich people don't like damaged skin, no matter how subtle it creeps in over time.

The preservative Tetrasodium EDTA is not the safest category as can trigger sensitive skin.

I had a reaction to this product as well as the Manic Panic pressed powder in Virgin so did my research....I don't recommend this for sensitive skin or people who don't want to age quickly or look older than they actually are.

The ingredients as listed on Amazon.com for this product are:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my holy grail foundation right here. I am so fair that I can wear the Dreamtone foundation in Virgin by itself. But it is definitely a MUST HAVE if I use any other foundations. I regularly mix in 1-2 pumps of this to 1/2 to 1 pump of any other of my foundations before applying them. I've applied the mix with fingers, beauty blenders, flat head brushes, etc and it always applies well. If I am using the Dreamtone alone as my foundation, I almost always apply it with a beauty blender so that it gets worked into my skin really well and blended. Otherwise it can go on a little patchy. I bought my Dreamtone with a pump and I love it. It's simple to use, mess free and I will always have a supply of this. I bought it online for $13. I wish it was a little cheaper, but I can't complain since there are drugstore foundations that cost more than that now. Overall I'm pleased with this and think it would work for most skin types; if you have dry skin, I would recommend moisturizing really well first to make sure that it doesn't clinge to any dry patches.

on 1/25/2014 4:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was tired of having foundation that was too dark and always having a very distinct color difference between my face an my body so I went looking for a white foundation and came upon this. I was also looking at two other high end brands but they're just so expensive and I just could not come to terms with spending that much money on a mixer...
That being said I bought this one and it definitely does it's job in making my foundation a lighter color. I usually mix 50/50.. It is a thick consistency; mine also came with a pump so that's really nice as well.. It does seem to last a long time, I've gone through two tubes of foundation and only half a bottle of the Manic Panic. It was about 12 dollars on Amazon which is fantastic because the other white mixing foundations are $40+
My only complaint is that it is very drying and I find that it makes my foundation look a little cakey and creases more easily. I already use a super mattifying foundation (Wet N' Wild Cover All Cream Foundation 815) because I have oily skin and need my foundation to last 12+ hours for college classes and it just doesn't seem to pair well with the Wet N' Wild (at least for the winter- it might be fine in the 100 degree summer)
Overall I'd probably buy it again but I might just invest in Mac's Face & Body because of the caking and creasing.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This is my favorite liquid foundation. I'm uber pale and tend to go for a more gothic makeup look so this foundation in virgin is perfect. It looks great, lasts for hours and isn't so thick that I look like I'm wearing clown makeup. The only thing I don't like is the little spatula applicator. It gets gunky and makes the stuff awkward to apply. Once I get it on my skin, I use a sponge to apply it evenly. It can be tough to apply, especially if your skin hasn't been waxed recently. But with a little extra effort, it will eventually absorb. I then top it off with Vampyre's Veil in virgin white and I'm set for the day with a perfectly pale canvas for the rest of my makeup. One thing to be careful of is to make sure you blend it out to your ears and down your neck or you may end up looking like you're wearing a mask. Otherwise, I have no complaints about this foundation at all.

on 12/7/2013 7:31:00 AM

I use this mainly to lighten my foundations and it works a charm! The pricing is affordable, not too cheap and not too expensive.
It is available in a pump bottle which is amazingly convenient.
I recommend this to anyone who wants to lighten foundation, but not as something to wear by itself because it looks awful, even on a goth person like myself. It also works well as an eye primer, as it gets a very clean white look that makes bright colors stand out.
I find that it makes my skin break out more, but I still use it anyway.