April 16, 2014 | 923 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Bright Lights of LA Beauty Portfolio

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 4:12:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I'd never been a big fan of Smashbox, but I bought this on a whim at Sephora. (I was debating between this or the BE Goddess kit.) It was the last one they had in the store.

Anyway, the first reviewer described everything perfectly. The colors are quite versatile, as you can take yourself from a natural look all the way to a dressy, dramatic look.

My favorite products are the cake eyeliner and the lipgloss. I'd never used a cake liner before, and I really like this one because the color payoff is high, and also because it's quite long-lasting (doesn't smudge and give racoon eyes like pencil does.) I definitely look forward to any new kits that Smashbox may come out with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2004 10:54:00 AM More reviews by violet23

The above said it all..I love this collection, and I will buy more from smashbox in the future! All the colors are beautiful and perfect for a PPP me!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my God!!! I can't believe not one other person has reviewed this yet! I absolutely love this kit soooo very much. I actually forgot that I ordered this through Sephora, and up until the day it came in the mail, I was still contemplating whether or not I should still get it, and I was leaning towards no b/c of the $55 price tag, but when it came in the mail, I was like, well, might as well try it b/c if I don't like it, I can always return it.

Well, this is the first makeup set/pallete that I have loved every single item in! Every product together looks fabulous on! For the past two days I have been using just this kit of the color looks. Now, I usually hate browns and neutrals, but the shadows are OUTSTANDING!!!!! A little bit of color is sooo brilliant that it lasts all days long. You get a gold which is great for the lid color, and then a cranberry color for crease and then an off white for the browbone...and they all have a beautiful sheen...so this is what is in the e/s trio (Smashing Perspective). Then the blush is soooo BEAUTIFUL!!! You get a duo, one is a beautiful soft pink (reminds me a little of Nars Angelika w/o all that silver glitter) and then the other half is somewhat of a plum/brown. There is also e/l cake in black and dark brown and it comes w/ the stiff brush to apply this. Also, there is some lash primer called Layer which helps give you fuller, longer lashes. Also, the lip products, including l/l in Smashing Tint, l/s in Sequel, and l/g in Image. Practically all of the products are FULL SIZE!!!!!!!! The lip products together remind me somewhat of Nars Foul Play...but b/c you're doing the layering for Smashbox, the wear is better. It all comes in this really handy shiny black fold up case w/ a little booklet of 3 different looks you can make w/ the combination of products, but I like more dramatic looks, so I just use it all :)

I've never raved about a kit before as much as this, and what the kit's description says is true...this kit can definately work for transitioning from day into night. I never thought this kit would be as georgeous as it is, and I'm sooooo happy to have taken the chance to "accidentally" order it! Smashbox really outdid themselves this time. For reference in coloring I am a Nars Barcelona, Mac NC 30, and Clinique Superfit in Honey....I'm guessing this kit should work on neutrals and warmer toned complexions.....for the cooler toned people, Cover shot beauty portfolio looks like it may have been made w/ them in mind. Oh, I still cannot stop raving about this!!!!!!!! And I'm going to wear this again tomorrow!!!! Please take a look at this before it's discontinued or sold out!!!!! Definately worth it!!!!!!!!! I love it!