April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleansing Lotion & Make-Up Remover with Cucumber Extract

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

From reading other peoples reviews, it would appear that most people are reviewing the cleansing cream that comes in a jar, not the cleansing lotion that comes in a tube. I love Ponds original cold cream but hate this lotion. This doesn't do a very good job of removing foundation and I can't use it to remove eye makeup because it stings like hell. Although it does rinse off, it's still better removed with a face cloth, otherwise all the makeup remains on your face. All in all I say this would only be good for those days when I don't wear makeup or physical sunblocks, and just want something to remove oil and sweat. Total waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

I am such a dummie. For years I thought Pond's cold creams were moisturizers. My mother used to have a jar of Pond's and I would use it to moisturize my face with, however, I didn't like it much and thought badly of Ponds since then. Not until recently have I heard about Ponds being a make-up remover, so I read up the reviews here before I purchased my official first jar. I'm am soooooo loving this as a make-up remover. It's effortless! Such an inexpensive product that does the job right. I enjoy the refreshing feeling of this cream on my face. It truly does enhance the skincare experience. I can see myself using this for a very very long time. It's going down as a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dancingruru

This $5 jar replaced the $33 Dermalogica Precleanse that I've been using to remove mineral makeup and SPF - same great results. My easily irritated, combination, and acne-prone skin is happy, clear, and never dried out with this every morning and evening (and in the evenings I follow with Purpose gentle foaming cleanser). Amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by nanonette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the smell - a mix of retro and fresh cucumber! And it is completely fabulous for my dry, winter skin. I always struggled with flakes in the winter, but since trying Ponds (from all the great MUA reviews) this problem is very minimal for me now! It hasn't clogged my pores either. It doesn't always remove the most stubborn eye liner or mascara, which happened with Cetaphil, too, and why I use eye make-up remover (Neutrogena) first. I'm not too keen on dipping into the jar, but all of the benefits (soft, moist skin for the first time in months!) outweigh these minor (to me) details!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2007 7:31:00 AM More reviews by bree863

love this cream! takes off makeup and leaves my super dry skin feeling nice and smooth! repeat buyer, no complaints! : )

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by aufbaubau

I like this product! It has a "fresh" scent that doesn't bother me. It's very gentle, and leaves my face feeling soft and clean. I don't bother to use another cleaner after, this gets my face clean enough. I think it's a good winter cleanser for my combo skin, since it's not too rich and not drying. I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2007 9:28:00 PM More reviews by pnaranjos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product does exactly what it is meant to do: remove make-up. Used with a cotton ball, it easily dissolves EVERYTHING you have on your face and seriously it is the most successful remover even for super difficult waterproof mascara. Now, the problem is it is totally incompatible with my break-out prone skin. I only use it on my eyes with a Q-tip when I mess up the eye-liner or when I need to spot-fix a make-up mistake (liquid eyeliner, anyone?) I also use it with a cotton ball to remove eye-make up after going out when I use heavy smoky shadows and mascara. You can tell it does leave a film because when it gets into my eyes, they do become blurry for about a minute (it doesn't sting, though).
Again, EXCELLENT at removing make-up but I wouldn't dare put it on the rest of my face because it is a guaranteed horror the next morning. I wouldn't recommend it for foundation/ss removal for people who break out easily.
One last thing, my skin is super sensitive and this doesn't burn or itch at all on contact.
If you have dry skin not prone to break-outs, you'll love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a rare exception for me to buy. The reason is because I usually HATE Ponds' products with a captial H. I HATE them. However, I use a waterproof foundation (revlon colorstay w/ softflex, love it!!) and I needed an oil based product to help remove it completely. I went to CVS and picked this out. I was going to buy cold cream but I got this instead because the texture seemed lighter and more fluid. It is indeed. All you have to do is apply a small amount to your face and rub away. Rinse or tissue off and it removes ALL of your makeup (anyone who has worn colorstay knows how hard it is too remove it all the way). I was am still very impressed. I took off one lippy because it leaves an oily film on the skin and I have to use my face wash to remove that, but other than that it is fairly good. Kudos to ya Ponds, you did good for once.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2006 7:49:00 AM More reviews by CinCindy

Love this cleanser! This really does everything for your skin in one step. Even on days when I tend to wear alot of makeup this removes it! I also LOVE that is doesn't dry out my skin after using it. I've never found a cleanser that worked and didn't dry out my skin till now. I have dry, acne-prone skin. It didn't break me out either. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination to oily skin but the skin around my eyes is generally normal to dry. This works wonderfully at removing traces of lipstick or concealer under my eyes. The light, non greasy formula makes rinsing afterwards optional. It has a clean, cucumber scent and has not given me milia. Since I am prone to breakouts, I donít dare use this on other parts of my face.