Lancome Le Crayon Poudre in Taupe

4.5

on 3/12/2015 6:54:00 PM

I LOVE this brow pencil and I hope they never discontinue it. The texture is incredibly smooth and the taupe color is the perfect grey-light brown that looks realistic and yet still fills in my brows to look thicker. I'm pretty good at sharpening it so I'm not worried about unnecessarily chipping it, and though it's more expensive at $26, it's a purchase that makes me feel very satisfied.

I recently got my hair lightened significantly from light/medium brown, to a sort of beach blonde. Along with my new hair color, I needed a new eyebrow pencil. I have been using Lancome Le Crayon Poudre pencils for years, in the color Sable, and was always very satisfied with the results, so I went back to Lancome for my new shade. Taupe was the perfect choice, and, in fact, is a little better than the Sable was on me. It is a lighter shade, with a bit more red in it, and it is easier to feather on so it looks natural-the Sable was darker, softer, and if I wasn't really careful, it would look too "drawn on," and I would always have to smudge it so the outline wasn't too harsh. I don't have to smudge or blend this color at all-it is such a close match. A nice long pencil, with plenty of product, and a blending brush on one end that I probably will not use much-a bonus is that both ends come with a cap, so if you lose the one on the color end, you can take the one on the brush end and use that instead. About $21 or $22-ish, and worth every penny to me-I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/21/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely perfect for fair skinned blondes (NW10, ashy blonde for reference). After being underwhelmed by the famous Anastasia brow duo (have it in ash blonde), I went back to pencils. Chanel used to have an awesome brow pencil in the perfect shade of taupe, but unfortunately it was DC'ed and replaced with some kind of maroon color that the SA tried to convince me was perfect for me. Lancôme probably noticed Chanel's lack of a good taupe and simultaneously created this beaut. It does apply with pencil precision, but blends and fills sparse areas like a powder (thus the "poudre" part of le crayon). It is especially hard to get brows right on blondies (they can easily look too dark, too gray or too red IME). However, this taupe is perfect. Also, the duo consistency feature makes it appropriate for people with full or sparse brows. The spoolie at the end is handy for the blending part. At $26.00 it seems pricey, but it has lasted me well over a year with daily use, and this is about the market price of middle-range and h/e pencils. My only tiny complaint is that, unlike the Chanel pencil (which was a few bucks more expensive) the gold color on the two caps scratches and flakes, making it look really shabby/cheap. However, it looks great on my face so I will certainly be repurchasing.

on 10/15/2013 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is very good powder pencil for brows, perfect shade for medium blonde hair. Its easy to apply and stays on all day, looks very natural.

on 9/16/2012 11:48:00 PM

I bought my at NEX(navy exchange) for $21 Higher price at ex. Macy and I pick a shade lighter than my hair (light brown) due to prefer natural look that not to harsh if go with my hair color will be Brunet. But I have to buy Lancome sharpener for this pencil due to cheap shapener will damage the tip of this pencil(tip for this pencil). I very like this.

on 8/23/2012 6:17:00 PM

This is by far my favorite brow pencil of all time.
Taupe is the perfect color for my medium brown hair.
It's a powder in a pencil, it stays the entire day.
It's so easy to use & I have mastered how to sharpen it effecrtivly, awhile ago. I use the Sephora pencil sharpener or the MAC, and have no problems at all.
It's pricey, but lasts a very long time. I am sticking with it!

on 8/13/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a great brow pencil that blends well. but for the price there are many more available which are as good such as Revlon, Marcelle etc. if you have the money go for it but doesnot perform any better than some cheaper brands.

on 7/13/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'll be comparing this to my Chantecaille brow pencil in blonde that I've had for at least 3 years. The Chante one has no spoolie but is a dryish pencil and the perfect gray brown taupe color and lasts all day on my brows through any kind of stress.

The Lancome one is waxier in texture and the taupe is more brown with a hint of red, not really red but more brown than grey so not a true taupe like the color suggests. This did not last all day on me through a walk in humid hot summer weather--my true test of makeup holding up. (Yes I am picky.) I thought the spoolie on the end would be a great addition but it is super scratchy so not as great as I thought and I still have to reach for my other spoolie to brush out my brows. And the quantity I get in this pencil is not much better than the large pencil for the Chantecaille price so I guess I am just going to have to suck up ordering the Chantecaille one since I get years of wear from that pencil. Maybe I will try the Maybelline define a brow since L'Oreal makes all of Lancome and Maybelline first but that pencil is so small I'm going to have to do some math to see if that works out to be a true bargain.

on 5/18/2012 7:23:00 PM

Where have you been all my life?? I have at least two dozen various brow products in my stash, but nothing's ever been as easy or looked as good as this pencil.

It's a brilliant combination of powder in pencil form, so application is much faster than using brow powder and brush, and more natural looking than brow pencils. I can get both brows done within 30 seconds, and this lasts all day and night.

I wish I'd discovered this a long time ago. It's expensive, but a single pencil lasts a long time. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than the hundreds I've spent on high-end, drugstore, pro and every other kind of brow product.

I have medium skin tone and brunette hair, and the Taupe works well for me.

on 1/18/2011 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this product for many years. I have randomly tried others, only to regret it. Taupe is the perfect color for blondes to light brunettes. It doesn't turn gray on your skin. Sometimes we need to apply a few strokes on bare skin to make the other part of the brow connect. It's miserably true. This brow pencil never looks fake and it blends so easily with a few quick strokes of the brush on the opposite end. I have tried Taupe, Sable, and Brunette. Love them all.

Popular Brows Products