December 18, 2014 | 1649 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Superstay lipcolor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

Oh my god NO. NO NO NO NO NO. This product is terrible. It's extremely sticky and goopy and just awful. I applied it and it made my lips stick together! Then, the color ended up blotchy and uneven and looked awful. The balm attached to it just made it look worse. I am so disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even though I recently threw out many old lip products, I still have five of these. I remember I used them 4 or 5 years ago and these were not deteriorated at all when I did my purge last week. I have 785, 790, 795, 735, and 782. The printing is so tiny that I can only barely see the numbers. I can't see any names. I think I know why I stopped using them. The lips rapidly become super dry and tight even with the lip balm on top. I have two similar products by Rimmel and Revlon, which had a liquid gloss on one end instead of a balm. At the time I went wild and got them in every shade. These were put away in my shoebox long ago and now I remember why. The long lasting colour, which you have to remove with eye makeup remover, is not worth the horrid drying, puckering sensation, and also the faint chemical smell and taste. But they serve a purpose if someday you really need the lipstick to stay put.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've reached the dreaded "50", which means my lipstick will not stay on my lips. Since I refuse to have my lips injected, it's been a never ending search for a long lasting lipstick. I've been using Revlon ColorStay, which I find to be very gummy. However, I think I've found a replacement with my new discovery of Maybelline SuperStay 24 2-Step Color.

I was surprised to see hardly any reviews and so many people saying this product is discontinued. I found the product everywhere, but the store displays are horrendous. The in-store merchandising is a huge problem, i.e., the names of the colors aren't posted on the store display and the names on the packaging is so small it's impossible to read. I couldn't tell one color from the other...

For my first purchase, I choose "Berry Persistent". My skin coloring is fair with yellow undertones and I have dark brown hair. Typically, I also wear warm colors and steer clear of pinks or wines. This time, I thought I would step out here and look for something that would add a berry stain for those times when I dare to run out w/out makeup.

Well, I got lucky and found my perfect summertime stain. The good news is this color is NOT gummy like Revlon ColorStay. Unlike Revlon, this wand applicator made it easy to apply the color and I was able to degree of product to adjust the color. I also use my pinky finger for long lasting lipsticks for lighter applications ~ I've found it helps to even out the application and it keeps them from getting too gummy. With a single light application, and one coat of gloss, I now have lips that appear as though I just ate summer berries.

The lip gloss smells and tastes wonderful. It has a nice sheen, goes on easily and doesn't spread beyond my lip line. The only con I foresee is I will run out of the gloss before lipcolor. When this happens, I'll use one of my Revlon long lasting glosses and it will suffice. It's been my experience that long lasting lipcolor with shimmer and shine seem to be the gummiest. This color has no shimmer or shine, which could be the reason why its turning out the be the perfect "stain" on my lips. I'm actually quite impressed with my $10 long lasting lipstick...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why people keep saying this is discontinued. Go to Maybelline.com and there it is. Go to any drug store, Walmart or Target, and there it is. It's not discontinued. Maybelline is not crazy -- this is the best longwearing lipstick ever. Apply a thin layer to clean, dry lips, wait 2 minutes, put on the balm, you're done with lipstick for the day! It's a miracle.

If you are desperate to take it off, use an oil -- a little baby oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or cold cream works just fine.

Yes, you will need to reapply the balm to keep it from feeling too dry during the day. But your lipstick will stay on and look beautiful. Hurray, Maybelline, I love you!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by AddictedShopper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in lots of different colours. I have always found it to be a great product. I have to say that if another reviewer is moisturising their lips beforehand, it will impair the longevity and texture of the product. I have tried putting another lipstick on first, blotting, putting on with lipbrush etc. and it really works best when you follow the advice of clean dry lips, putting it on straight from the wand and not mixing with another lipstick (unless they are both superstay, which does work as it is the same formulation). I prefer the double tube with the lippy and balm in one holder, as if they are in two, which used to be the case (and is the case with Max Factor and Covergirl), you can easily forget to carry the balm with you. I haven't found that it comes open in my bag, but maybe some come off easier than others (you could try keeping it in the plastic tube it comes in, a little 'faffy' but it would get round the problem. Overall, I really like the colour range and the feel of this lipstick, but the only real way to know, would be to try and you therefore have to buy it really as trying it on your hand, will not give a true enough test IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Skeptic101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely hate having to touch up my lipstick during the day at work. Not sure why some of you find this product "flaky." You might be applying too heavy an application and to the reviewer who used a tissue to blot..............you don't need to do that! You are basically wiping off most of the product. Be patient after applying a thin coat of colour before adding the balm. My only complaint with this product is definitely the packaging. The balm end of the tube does not click into place and stay secure in my make-up bag. When Maybelline first came out with this product, the balm side of the tube was never an issue.
I have tried lots and lots of lipsticks in many brands, where they claim to stay on indefinitely and Maybelline is the only company who's promise of that holds true. I can drink coffee and eat lunch and not have to worry about touch ups all day long. I've wasted a lot of money over the years trying other brands but always come back to Maybelline.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by taylahp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Unfortunately this product did not work for me at all! It became extremely flakey and uneven, and when blotting my lips with a tissue (by blotting I mean I pressed my lips against a tissue after all of the steps of application to test if it was transferrable, and it was) the flakes were transferring and thus making my lips look even more uneven. I'm so disappointed - I had such high hopes for this product as everyone seems to love it, but for me it ended up reallllllly letting me down.
I followed it step by step and even watched several youtube demos before my application but it still didn't work for me. I tried everything within my power to make it work but it just mustn't suit my lips for whatever reason..
I trust that some people have actually had amazing experiences with it, but maybe it's just not suited to everyone!
Please just bear in mind that this product may not work for you as it did not for me! Be cautious..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd first like to say that i haven't used a drugstore product i years. first impressions: very good so far. just bought it in shade 105 for my wedding. don't know how well it wears yet throughout the day but i'm hopeful and quite impressed so far. i'd say it's better than MAC. doesn't feel drying at all and the gloss is very nice and quick to reapply when necessary

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Some kind of witchcraft....

I hate lip stains. I hate having dry lips, I had lip color that dry into the crevices of your lips. I hate anything that claims it lasts 16 hours.

But this lip product is magic in a tube, I swapped for the Infinite Petal color for a MLBB shade that lasts for ages without making my lips feel sticky, uncomfortable or dry.

Might need to pick this up in even more colors, I may never go back to lipsticks again.

One con is the packaging, too cheap...I don't like it. Any balm would work for the layering and it doesn't need to be included.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by beautybloomers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Of all the long wearing lip colors, this is the best. But -- there are tricks to getting a great look with it. Blot it! Not with tissue, but with a good quality paper napkin.No Lint! The problem with these lipsticks is they often can be too dark. The blotting takes care of that. Plus, you can dab on a lighter shade over the long wearing color (after it has dried), and then apply the gloss. I get compliments all the time on my lipstick. And I only apply it once a day. Plus, this brand will wash off with a wet wash cloth and a little soap.