April 23, 2014 | 1457 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - # 07 Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this brush recently to replace the folding version of it, which I had for several years but started falling apart a month ago -- all the bristles were falling out. The main reason I loved that one was that the lash comb is metal, and because of that works much better at detangling lashes than plastic ones. Unfortunately, other than that the folding version is a bit cheaply made, flimsy, and not elegantly designed. The bristels are synthetic and very hard. So that's how I ended up with this one, and I am so happy with it. The pros: it works, and beautifully. The metal teeth of the comb are delicate and detangle lashes perfectly. The shape of the handle is easily held. It feels substantial, and the size of the brow brush is big enough to really brush out my brows anemic brows and make them look bigger. And the bristles on this brush are natural, firm but not scratchy or painful. The brush, while almost comically large, works much better to fan out my meager brows without flattening them. The cons: this brush is a bit heavy/bulky/large, so much so that the size of the brow brush on one side makes it hard to comb my lashes with the comb side without the brush bristles scratching against my cheek. I also with this were not so over-packaged in an unnecessarily large, environmentally-unfriendly plastic box. But I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am obviously the dissenter here, but this lash comb/brush was crap. At first I liked it, but then the bristles started falling out after washing a few times and the handle broke off so I had to glue it back on. I finally threw it away when a huge clump of the bristles fell out one day while I was sweeping it across my eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

If I could only keep one mu brush, this would be it. I rarely use the comb side, but the brush side is superb for lashes. I can glop on any mascara, brush it through with the brush side, and each lash is defined with just the right amount of mascara. I used to not wear mascara on my bottom lashes most of the time because I just couldn't get them to look natural and non-goopy/clumpy no matter what mascara I used. With this brush they look perfectly natural without a clump in sight. My lashes look so natural and perfect! I have to wash the brush after every use or the tips glue together and make it worthless, but its totally worth it for the effect. I got this at Target for $8. MUST BUY!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love to wear lots and lots of mascara & recently I noticed that my eyelashes look a little clumpy :(. I have heard a lot of praise from MUAers about this product so I decided to give it a try. So happy that I did! It combs out lashes beautifully...even if you apply one billion coats of mascara, like me ;) hehe. The brow brush works great too :). Very cheap, so it's worth a purchase next time your at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by sirensandsailors

This is my first metal lash comb, and I like it very, very much. No more clumpy, sticky lashes! I also had a plastic one from SK but it is not even comparable to the metal version. I recommend spending a couple more bucks and getting this instead of the plastic one, it's worth the investment!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by rinstarangel

This is the BEST lash comb ever! I love that it's metal. I've had this for over a year and use it daily. This is the only metal one I've ever seen, so I'm about to stock up since they are so inexpensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the best lash comb hands down. Mac can't even compete and i love Mac

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by flymestza

Thank you MUA. After reading these reviews I went and picked me up one and I must say I was not disappointed. This is the first lash comb that has ever worked on me. Those plastic ones are garbage. This actually separates and gets those clumps out not to mention it's cheap (under five dollars). I don't really care for the eyebrow brush but other than that I love it and would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 10:30:00 AM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only lash comb that has ever worked for me! My lashes are long, thin and sparse. Other combs simply moved the mascara clumps around. Thank you, muaers, for turning me on to this inexpensive little gem!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, this is your basic everyday eyelash comb. I used this everyday to "untangle" my eyelashes after I curl them, and before I use my mascara. This works fairly ok, the handle is long and thin which makes it somewhat hard to use. I found a better a better lashcomb in Japonesque.