September 1, 2014 | 1915 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - HENNE

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Lancome lipsticks. I swore by Visionary for years, but strayed to the world of lip glosses for a long time. When I get in the mood for 'sticks again, I love to hit up Lancome and see if they have anything new. I tend to be able to wear cool or warm colors, pretty neutral toned skin, but hair is medium brown with light caramel highlights. After reading the reviews for this color, I thought it might be a nice update based on the redhead/warm toned love. I am not disappointed! I found a great deal on eBay for a lot of 3 tubes of it, and am so happy I really liked it! Now I can keep a tube everywhere! It wears so nicely and like other reviewers have said, doesn't dry out your lips. Thanks again Lancome for pulling my makeup look together! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by its123me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a warm toned strawberry blonde, and I have a hard time finding lipsticks that really work well with my coloring. To make things more difficult, I'm one of those girls with very pigmented lips--so most pinks and nudes don't work for me.

Henne turns out to be a MLBB lipstick on me. It looks dark and horrible in the tube, and even when I started applying it, it was kind of scary, but by the time I'd finished, the MA was gushing about how great it looked. I think she was fairly surprised that it looked good. I did apply it lightly and then spread it out, and as it fades, it still looks beautiful with some lip balm over the top (I have very dry lips so I wear a lot of lip balm). It also looks frosty in the tube, but I didn't see any glittery bits on my lips.

I like Lancome's formulas because they are not drying and yet they still seem to last a long time on my lips. I also have Fleur Impressioniste, and Coral Ribbon--I love all three.

So, I'm resurrecting this thread to tell all of you redheads, and sorta redheads like me, to get to your nearest Lancome counter and give this lipstick a whirl. I see it fast becoming my daily winter shade!

I will definitely repurchase--this is my current fave lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 9:12:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I first came across this lipstick when I bought my Uggs (yes,I KNOW!) going on 4 years ago-the lady at the register had this on and had auburn hair and it looked gorgeous.I actually had to ask her about it;I was so intrigued.I forgot about it somewhere along the way I guess,because it was just recently that I found it again browsing Sephora and remembered how good it looked.
There is one thing about being a redhead/ginger that is maddening(besides frying out in the sun for more than 5 min)and that is finding shades that compliment your coloring. I am a warm toned redhead-freckles,ruddy skin,typical Irish girl.I can't wear anything that has a remote touch of pink,or even reds.The ph in my lips turns things colors that are completely unflattering;I have to wear a base.That being said.there are few lipsticks I can count on to look good.Fortunately,sight unseen on my lips Henne is one of them.I agree with other reviewers' recs that it should be blotted off, otherwise you get the 80's/90's severe lip look. It is non drying and although there is a bit of shimmer it isn't overly frosty (like lipsticks of yore).
If you're looking for a warm autumn/winter shade that doesn't overwhelm the face,this is it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Looks scarily dark in the tube, but on my lips it turns a gorgeous bronzy color that adds depth & drama to my coloring. The texture is fairly creamy, it lasts several hours on my lips, and fades away into a faint stain. A keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree this is great for redheads! I bought this thinking it would be too dark and while it is on the darker side it looks great with my complexion and hair color! So far all the Lancome lipsticks I have tried look great with my coloring, which is normally not the easiest thing to do! (Luxe, Henne, Nude 5, Creme De Marron, Amande Sucree, Dulce) You need to blot it though to get a very nice & natural, not too dark color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by kn2172

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dear Lancome,

Please oh please, do not discontinue this shade! Whenever I wear it, I wonder why I bother with anything else. It goes with everything; it has a beautiful rich shade. As a pale skinned redhead, this satisfies my craving for a red lipstick.

Sincerely,
Kathy

Of course the case, texture, and scent are Lancome quality for which you pay a Lancome price. If you time it right, you can get a GWP...that's when I stock up....a dyed in the wool makeup junkie!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by IShy134

I have this in a GWP size that I got in a Lancome grab bag. At first I was scared because it was so dark but if I use a clear gloss under it, it doesn't look all that bad. It's a bronzey shade with just a little hint of red. The color isn't awful but it isn't my favorite either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 11:02:00 AM More reviews by scraps

I received Henne as a part of a GWP...I love it..if you are a lover of Sugared Maple, than you will certainly love this color.it has more of a brown tinge to it but really nice.....