April 17, 2014 | 1834 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Kwik Off Moisturizing Nail Color Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by nomorewars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this at the superstore today and i decided to give it a shot. I HATE taking off nail polish, its a chore i dread. I also own tons of glitter polishes but anyone who does their own nails knows that taking off glitter polish should have been one of the tasks of Hercules. I did a little test- my most difficult to remove (and cheapest. hey, im not here to waste my Essies and Juleps!) glitter polish. It worked like a charm! ANd it doesnt sell too bad either. The only reason it doesnt get 5 stars is because im a bit wary of plunging my hands/skin into an acetone based chemical soup once a week. I'll use this when I have tough to remove polish, but for the regular ones Ill stick to q-tips and cotton balls.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by jcaywaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first saw this product in store I was so amazed! I've heard a lot of people talk about it and I finally found it so I decided to give it a go! The quality is really good, I like how when you stick your finger in, it doesn't feel sitcky afterwards - that's a real plus! However, I feel like it doesn't completely remove everything and the sponge does get really dirty. I feel like sometimes you do need the original cotton balls and nail polish remover but it still is a really good product and I recommend everyone tries it out!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm comparing is to Bourjois' version, which is good with glitter polish.

Packaging - (SL) container is bigger, able to fit 3 fingers at any one time, but sponge is too soft, not firm enough to be able to rub polish off effectively. (B) 1 finger at a time, sponge is soft yet firm thus able to rub glitter off very well. Because i use this for removing glitter polish only, the sponge gets "torn" pretty quickly from the glitters

Effectiveness - (SL) did not remove even nail polish well after soaking fingers for 15 seconds. Tried to rub nails on the sponge but its too flimsy, need cotton pad after this to remove just nail polish (B) gliiter off after soaking 10 seconds

Pretty ineffective and useless for me... Figured no point keeping this anymore, just threw it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by laylasat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great! It's fast, easy and gets the job done. And no smell either. Regular Nail polish remover smells always bothers my throat but not this one. I think about 15 or so use this product start drying out. I would suggest closing this as soon as your done using it and as tightly as possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ohboyitskayla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first time using a sponge tub like product for polish removal and I was so amazed! It removed my polish from each nail in a matter of seconds, and left the completely stain free. For someone who does their nails all the time and has grown increasingly lazy when it comes to removal, this is perfect. Can't see myself ever going back to the old fashioned cotton ball and bottled remover!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I keep buying different polish remover sponge-tub products hoping that one will actually make polish removal quicker and easier, but every one I've tried, including this one, have disappointed me.
Kwik Off isn't a terrible product, but I find using cotton pads and a plain ol' bottle of polish remover to be easier and more effective. The smell of this isn't overpowering, and the sponge inside was very soft and didn't break into pieces like other similar products have. But I found it very difficult to remove all traces of polish, especially around the corners and edges of my nails, to be difficult. Most of the time I had to clean up the polish this had missed with a cotton pad and a bottle of remover, which kind of defeated the purpose of using this. Also, I found it hard to get my shorter fingers deep enough into the tub to really saturate them with the remover. And once I did, it still took several swirls of my finger to get most of the polish off. I'd say it took 30-45 seconds per finger. Doesn't seem like too much time, but a soaked cotton pad can remove almost all polish in a single, quick swipe. My last complaint is that I feel like this gets used up pretty quickly. I do my nails about twice a week, and a tub of this only lasted about a month before it was all dried up. I can buy a huge bottle of polish remover that will last me several months for the same price.
I think I'm done with products like this. I wish they worked better for me, but I just find them a pain to use and not as effective as the old fashioned method.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just started to use this so far. I feel if removes polish very fast and easy. But I can't really use it on my toe nails!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Jenners10111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this thing so much! It is just so much quicker to take nail polish off with this sponge, taking nail polish off is not a chore anymore. I will say that I am now (after about 2 weeks of using it) having a problem with little sponge pieces coming off but this really wasnt a problem until I tried to take off very stubborn glitter nail polish with it. I had one of these before and it lasted me a lot longer so I just need to avoid the strong glittery nail polishes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Missy298

I bought this product, and I liked it a lot at first. Until after 5 or so uses, the sponge started to fall apart like crazy, leaving pieces all over my fingers. As well as huge chunks coming off of it. It is bad enough I already struggle with dry dry skin on my fingers, but this dries my skin out even worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by ilovelucy7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is perfect for LAZY people like me! So if you are lazy, listen up! This is the second time I brought this product because it works amazing. All you have to do is stick your finger into any of the three slits in the sponge that is soaked with alcohol and then twist/twirl it around and all your nail polish comes off! This product is very easy to use since all you have to do is twist your finger around the sponge for your nail polish to come off, but the only downside is that this remover is not the best for darker nail polish. When you remove your darker nail polish in the sponge, it gets dirty and leaves a bit of the dark color on your finger when you are twirling it. But for me I would designate one of the little slits in the sponge just for my dark polish and then use that to get rid of my dark polish first, then go to a different slit in the sponge to get rid of the dark color that might have been left on my finger from twisting in the slit before. And for me, this product does not dry out my skin, my skin still feels smooth and gentle after sticking it into the sponge. Overall, I would never switch back to cotton balls and alcohol since it takes longer to remove my polish. I love my Sally Hansen Kwik off nail polish remover because it is such a simple/ quick product for getting rid of nail polish.