Stila #2 Under Eye Concealer Brush

3.9

on 6/14/2013 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a pointless brush.

The bristles are really long & really flimsy so you can apply concealer and its way too narrow to blend with. Im considering giving it to my 2 yo to paint pictures with - seriously.

on 4/1/2010 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as part of a set from Costco (5 brushes for $15), so I'm not sure how this compares to the brushes sold at full price. It is one of my favorite brushes from that set (the other is the #9 blending brush). I would get another one if it was part of another set, but I don't think I would buy this for full price. I'm still working on the technique, but it definitely helps w/ under-eye concealing. Prior to this, I just used my fingers, and I found that sometimes it can look cakey, but this helps blend the concealer onto my skin so well, sometimes I'm amazed. The brush is a bit on the flimsy side, so it can be a challenge to work with sometimes (I'm no professional) and I'd imagine other fluffy brushes to be able to do something similar.

on 9/3/2009 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a professional brush with a a very specific purpose: applying concealer to the undereye to hide bags and dark circles. I used to work for Stila, and once I was shown the proper use of this brush, I was sold. (before someone explained it to me, I was using this as you would any other concealer brush, and the results were not too pretty.)

Pick up a tiny amount of a thick cream concealer (the #2 brush doesn't work too well with liquids), and use the brush tip to draw a thin crescent-shaped line of concealer over the bottom edge of your undereye bag or circle. Blend very lightly. Once that bottom edge is concealed, you shouldn't need to cover the rest of the undereye area with concealer...the optical illusion has been achieved, and you avoid the cakey look.

The only downsides to this brush are that it needs to be washed frequently because the concealer builds up very quickly in the long bristles, and will lead to a streaky application. It can also be hard to reshape the brush after washing.

on 7/22/2009 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I should point out that technically, Stila calls this an undereye concealer brush. For that specific purpose, I think it works very well. I do prefer to use softer, fluffier natural or synthetic brushes to apply my (liquid) undereye concealers, and for that reason, this brush does work beautifully as advertised. This brush competes with my MAC 217 when I apply liquid concealer. This thin, rounded brush comes to a precision point to really get into the inner corner. That said, for me, it really is only good for undereye concealer - I don't find it as efficient for other areas of the face as I do the MAC 217. The 217 also comes to a tapered point at the end, although not as pointed and precise as this one does. In my book, this makes the 217 a more valuable brush to have, so I would personally choose another 217 rather than repurchase this one. I also don't think the Stila #2 would work very well with cream concealers, because it is a bit too floppy. I should mention that another use for some people is that it could be a small crease brush - I have personally used it for that purpose a couple of times, but for me it's isn't the best use.

on 1/18/2008 8:10:00 PM

I think this is the brush I use....anyway I love it. It's really soft and I can get the concealer right under my eye without worrying too much about poking myself in the eye. It doesn't feel like it's pulling or scraping the delicate under eye area at all. I use it with a highlighting formula along my nasolabial folds too! A great brush, the one I actually use the most, because even when I barely ware any makeup, I always put concealer under my eye.

on 3/14/2007 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice brush although I don't use it for its intended purpose. I do use it for concealing but not in the undereye area - I find my fingers still work best. In my opinion this brush works best concealing large blemishes and scars, a lifesaver for a compulsive picker like me (I know, I know! I just can't help it.) It's also great for covering up red areas around the nose. Great quality and good price so if you're in the market for a concealer brush, it's definitely worth getting.

on 9/20/2006 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this brush....although I wasn't sure I would. I have dark circles and really need a brush the can blend the color well without too much tugging. I still have to use my fingers a little bit but not nearly as much as w/other brushes.

on 1/29/2006 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I find myself reaching for this brush often, but not for concealer. I actually use it for eye shadow when working along the crease since I find that its tip will follow nicely along this area. You can also vary the amounts of pressure to change the way that shadow is deposited which I love. I was taught this clever trick from one of Stila's lead makeup artists and have been happily using it ever since. :) I definitely love this brush. Lucky for me I received these as a fab gift for a makeover as a part of a set of brushes from Stila that I use religiously now. In the awful event that I were to ever lose or misplace this brush however, I can confidently say that I would buy another!

on 7/25/2005 8:13:00 PM

I do not like it (as concealor). UPDATE: found a great use as my mineral eyeshadow applicator!

on 3/5/2005 12:49:00 AM

The Stila #2 is a good concealer brush because of it's shape. Unlike typical concealer brushes (wide and flat), this one is shaped more like a paintbrush. Enabling you to blend larger areas and also execute precision over smaller imperfections.

Popular Makeup Brushes