Vincent Longo Pressed Powder

4.1

Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Butyl Stearate, Butylhydroxy Anisole, Methylparahydroxy Benzoate, Ethyl Parahydroxybenzoate, Propylparahydroxy Benzoate, Butyl Parahydroxybenzoate, 2 Phenoxyethanol, Polybutene, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Talc, May Contain ( /-):, Red Oxide of Iron, Yellow Oxide of Iron, Black Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 7/19/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

You know those products that take you from able-to-leave-the-house to really-polished? This is one of those products for me. A little bit goes a long way in reducing the shine that inevitably happens on the tip of my nose and forehead over the course of a long day. I honestly haven't noticed much color correction, but I don't use it for that purpose/on any area of my face that would require color correction.

Got it from SpaceNK for a sale price of $4, so nothing to complain about there.

Like others said, the puff is showing some wear and tear. I'll manage - it's not like I'm applying the product in front of people.

on 6/30/2009 10:27:00 AM

This is probably one of the best powders I've tried. A little bit goes a long way so you have to be careful not to apply too much and end up with a cakey look. When I apply it, it seems to kind of blend in with my skin for a very natural look.

on 2/23/2009 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Golden Sienna, which is a pretty good match for my skintone. This is a fairly average powder in terms of performance, but what ruins it for me is the BHA, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate and methylparabens in the ingredient list.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I recently got this from Sephora and I'm cursing myself for not having tried it earlier. I don't wear liquid foundation, but usually rely on a powder foundation (Prescriptives Anywhere $32) or a good pressed powder for light days. This seems pretty close to Clinique's Stay Matte line, but provides a bit more coverage. For a natural look I use a regular powder brush - for something more intense I'd use a kabuki or the (lame) puff that comes with it. This gives EXTREMELY matte coverage so if you're already dry to begin with, I'd avoid this - it'll make your skin look dry and tight. For oily folks like me it's a godsend. Vincent Longo is in some department stores and also available now on beauty.com for $26 (maybe 28??), but no longer available on Sephora.

on 10/17/2008 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I haved used many different powders from Chanel to LM ..but I love this one the most!

on 6/25/2008 6:11:00 PM

I saw this girl with a flawless face and i asked her what she used she told me she used the vincent longo pressed powder and i had to get it so i went on makeupalley to see if anyone is willing to give it up sure enough someone agreed to swap this with me..
soo far so good!
but i will update it this again after about a week.

on 3/12/2008 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Worst pressed powder I have ever tried. It goes on way too cakey and for an expensive pressed powder I expect to get more than a cheap powder puff, if you can even call it that.

on 1/26/2008 10:11:00 AM

I was really excited to get this product based on the reviews. Unfortunately, I returned it to Sephora within two weeks I'm nearly 38, but still get shiny, and currently don't have anything except Clean and Clear sheets to battle that. I figured it was time to expand my arsenal. Anyway, I have fair-medium yellow-toned skin, and thought that this would work well with my skin, but it didn't. I tried it with the puff, and a variety of brushes, but just couldn't make it work. Maybe because I DON'T have redness I want to cover, this yellow powder didn't correct anything, but rather made me look slightly jaundiced. And the finish was just TOO matte for me. I never got that "glow" that other people have mentioned. I actually tried the Too Faced pressed powder in Absolutely Invisible (before I got this one); I had equally unhappy results with that, and returned it too. Anyway, I have the Cargo blu_ray set on its way to me, and hopefully that will soak up oil without making me look like I have a mask on! (I'll post a review on that after I try it!)

on 12/6/2007 2:08:00 AM

I love the powder in Golden Banana! I've been using this for years. It looks very yellow but comes out a lighter yellow. I'm Asian with pale skin and light yellow undertones,and it's a perfect match. Other powders look too white, beige, orange, or peachy. It's a skinny compact, so you don't get a lot of product, but the color is great and the powder is very finely milled. The coverage is light, so it's good for a natural look, but not if you're looking to hide more serious flaws.

on 12/1/2007 11:04:00 AM

I purchased this in the translucent. I liked that it was finely milled poweder. My skin is very fair and this product showed up on my skin making me look ghostly white. It remained noticable wether I applied it directly over primer or foundation. Just did not work for me at all.