July 28, 2014 | 1031 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Therapeutic Conditioning Balm in Blackberry Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by mellyberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Texture: The product is relatively soft compared to other lip balms; I sometimes just dab it on instead of swiping it across my lips, and more than a single swipe is never necessary. This is not a product I could swipe on in a hurry, because if I did not take my time to gently apply, the soft balm would just smear onto my lips in a thick layer. If applied thickly, can feel greasy. I took off a star for this reason. Lipstick applied over this would slip off. Because of these reasons I only used this product at night. When used as a before-bed treatment, in the morning my lips were soft and supple. Very nice.

Fragrance: This balm had a soft, sweet berry-like fragrance. It reminded me of Ribena (blackcurrant drink). I found it pleasant.

Flavor: Blackberry Creme has a light and sweet flavor. I'm not sure I could taste blackberries, but it was not off-putting.

Color: Though this product has a light pinky-purple color in its solid form, it applied clear.

Packaging: Simple plastic packaging similar to SoftLips. My tube worked fine for the entire year that I used this product (could twist both up and down).

Overall: I purchased this using a 50% discount, so it was a great value for the money. I would re-purchase at full price. I would recommend this product as a nighttime lip treatment.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice basic balm. It's not super moisturizing, really, and it has an interesting consistency; really creamy, borderline greasy. So if you hate greasy balms with a lot of "slip" I wouldn't recommend this. However, the blackberry smell is great. I've applied it under lipstick (a MAC Amplified Creme) and makes the lipstick feel a little smoother and creamier, but it doesn't increase lasting power. Since it's only a buck, it might be worth picking up one of these e.l.f. balms in your next order or the next time you see 'em, just to see if you end up liking them.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I gave this product a try because I am a huge fan of lip balms. first of all, the tube broke after using the balm a couple of times, so I had to keep it at home as I could not easily use it when I was outside. second, it felt really horrible on my lips, like, heavy, oily, gross. the smell was nice but I did not notice any improvement on my lips. I wanted to buy them all, but luckily I didn't! I know this product is really cheap, but I think you can find equally cheap lip balms (or slightly more expensive) which are actually much better. I feel this was not even woth its little price... :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well I liked this while it lasted because it smelled super nice and it moisturized. However, the plastic broke on the edge and I couldn't put the cap back on again. That was within 2 weeks. Sadly will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW!! I am surprised at how good this feels on. I will wear it before bed and also underneath lipstick. This feels smooth and creamy and the blackberry scent/taste is very pleasant. I want to get more flavors, hehe I dont have an issue with my twist applicator. Im only going to twist it occasionally to get more product out and theres no need to twist it back down, the cap protects what is there. 5 lippies!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For $1, how can one really complain?

Price - cheap - $1 - :)
Scent - love the blackberry :)
Texture - very smooth :)

Not sure if it's actually conditioning in the long run, but the initial blast feels smooth & creamy. Twist-up / down stopped working on the first use.

But, hey, I won't complain, it was a buck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just like the strawberry review I made, this is exactly the same. it's gross and oily and leaves a very greasy feeling on my lips. It does nothing to relieve chapped lips. The only thing this didn't do was leave a white cast on my lips like the strawberry one did.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

so the first time i tried this i got it as a gift & LOVED IT, i thought the texture was just fine, and it really did make my lips feel nice in the morning after applying it before i go to bed, BUT BUT BUT i decided to order some myself, & it CLEARLY has a different scent to it, its SO not the same like it used to be at all, its not BAD but i loved the other one :( so sad, the texture is still pretty much the same but kinda greasier which is weird since the weather is still cold, & i used my other one during the summer & it was fine, so idk elf if i'm dreaming or not but the formula seems to be quite different, so I'm kinda torn between whether or not i would repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by brooksgirl425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this over the summer. And it melted in my mail box! So I stuck it in the fridge for it remold. It smells great but its very greasy, so I can only put it on for a minute and then it has to be wiped off because it feels so gross. My friend loves the balm so maybe I'll try it again since its cold so it wont melt!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by MissVeronyka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Honestly, nothing grand about this product. It is a good product but it doesn't do anything great that a normal lip balm or chapstick won't do. It is cheap though so I would buy this agian. I have this already in Strawberry Cream and the scent is really nice.