E.L.F. Shielding Gloss SPF 15

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/25/2010 7:58:00 PM

I have had a horrible experience with elf lip glosses, but that's what i get for the price i guess! The pigmentation sucked, and it is sticky and fades very quickly :(

on 12/12/2007 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like that it has spf and thats about it. I dont like the brush, I prefer a doefoot and it is really sticky, and messy to apply.

on 5/30/2007 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

UGH! Smells like PLASTIC and farrr too sticky. Very sheer color too. The scent was so horrible I had to wash it off.

on 8/9/2006 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

well,i expected the brush to fall rite out, and it hasnt yet...and it doent shed...i got lucky
but, the brush is hard to apply it with, and its hard to blend if you get the bright red HOTT color, but i just have patience with it, and i smooth it out, and the color looks great!
It smells and tastes pretty BAD, but its a nice long lasting color if you apply the right way...
thier other glossed are much better, this was ok...

check out my notepad i'm doing doon abou the luck i had with my other 9 elf prouducts!

I have a conclution picture of this in my photos! go see it for detail!!!

on 7/25/2006 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Noooooo.
I found strands of the brush stuck to my lips. Really uneven color and too sticky.
Doooooon't buy this.

on 6/30/2006 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this gloss in Hot because the Elf website said it was featured in a magazine as a wonderful sheer red gloss. Mistake! It was bright red and smelled gross. I probably put too much on (not hard with that applicator!) but it looked like bad stage makeup. I threw it away. The next time I ordered from the Elf website I tried the Pink Lemonade color. This pink color is much better, but the 2nd time I opened the tube ALL of the bristles fell out of the brush and luckily by squeezing the tube I was able to grab them all out before they got lost in the gloss. *sigh* So now I just use the stick part of the applicator to apply the gloss. I was excited that the gloss is SPF 15...but I wont ever be buying this again, its not worth the trouble!

on 4/21/2006 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have this in Hot, a very bright coral-orange color. The bristles on the brush are too long and is difficult to use. The color was wrong for me, but the texture of the gloss is alright.

EDITED: Ok, I gave this another chance. It CAN be worn, if I dab a tiny bit on my lips and spread the gooey liquid around. It becomes very shimmery and my lips look very lightly tinted. Final color = natural lip color + tinge of pink (intensity depending on the amt of the gooey liquid you smeared on). I would bring this for travelling since I can get a lot of use from one tube.

The. Packaging. Is. Dreadful. As the others mentioned, my brush also "sheds." I guess I can get around that since it was only one dollar and the colour I bought, "Pixie," is pretty nice when I kiss a little bit off on my hand. Otherwise it is a little bright. I like that it has SPF15. I would buy this again and just expect the brush to be godawful.

on 2/27/2006 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had this gloss in Pixie, a fun, bright-yet-wearable hot pink. I thought the gloss was great, however, the packaging sucked royally. The brush applicator was so awful-it shed disgustingly, so I pulled the entire brush out and came to adore the gloss. However, the squeezy tube split in my purse, spewing hot pink lipgloss everywhere. Awful. Just Horrific scene. This gloss would be so wonderful if only the packaging were better.

on 1/26/2006 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this in Chai. It is a beige/nude color. It looks really nice on me. And it is really moisturizing and has good staying power.

Recommended for Medium Skin