April 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Sephora - Indulgences - Whipped Body Delights in Bamboo Garden

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2006 11:41:00 AM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for my birthday and it is pretty nice. I like green citrusy scents and this has a fresh woody undertone to it. Very nice. My hands and feet are still ash free so that is a good sign. I have the tiny container so I have not had a messy experience with it...yet. I just use the lotion that sticks to the top of the lid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by famous12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice Body Butter. Sephora's Bamboo Garden was a pleasant suprise. It is creamy,moisturizing and smells good. It smells like pink grapefruit with sugar on top. Bamboo Garden also has some other notes that makes this very inticing and interesting. I will have to try there other Whipped Body Delights.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2006 11:43:00 PM More reviews by jeebusbunny

Bought this on sale, and am definately loving the scent. I've definately pegged it down as something along the lines of fresh cut grass. It isn't very stong, just... nice.
It is mediocre as a moisturizer, but I really hate the packaging. First of all, I don't like dipping my hands in something over and over again, it just gets gross when it gets to the bottom. Also, the smaller size (which was on sale at Sephora) is easy to carry around, but when it gets jolted around your bag, the lotion gets stuck to the lid, and for some reason, that bugs me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by hedgepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered this on sale for $2.50... After reading the reviews on this fragrance I was really surprised when I was slapped in the face with a grapefruit smell. I seriously thought they had filled the Pink Grapefruit cream into a Bamboo Garden pot. After about 2 minutes the scent settled down into a light green scent, soft and woody. Nice, but nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2006 1:48:00 AM More reviews by limpylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like many of the other reviewers, I got this on sale for a little over a quarter of the normal price. I must admit, the scent straight out of the container does make me nauseous. I can't put my finger on what it is, but part of it is the fact that the scent is so strong. However, it really mellows out on the skin and turns into a clean, somewhat green, almost citrusy scent. The cream itself is more of a cream than a body butter. Therefore, it is easy to apply, does a decent job of moisturizing, does not leave the skin greasy, but is not as effective as a cream wtih shea or avocado butters as the main ingredients. On me the scent lasted a couple of hours, not bad for a cream. I'm not sure yet if I will repurchase or not--it depends on whether I can handle the nauseating feeling I get everytime I open the container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2006 2:55:00 AM More reviews by deliah008

I do like this (or am in the process of convincing myself to like this), I really do. But after a while, it does push me to the verge of nausea.

The scent is fresh and lingering, but if you think this is what bamboo smells like, you're wrong. First of all, bamboos don't grow in gardens, and they don't have enticing scents (at least not the ones I've come across, which were distinctively scent-free).

That aside, the whipped body cream is quite moisturizing, but not as moisturizing as some may believe, if you take a look at the ingredients and compare it with The Body Shop's Body Butters and the like. The Whipped Body Delights are not known to be high in shea butter and other moisturizing ingredients. It's mostly water and a string of chemicals I can't pronounce or remember. It does feel moisturizing on my skin, but not overly so.

Then again, I only about 30% of the original price for this item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2006 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ceciliathemuppet

This stuff is wonderful!! It is a super great deal on clearance right now for $2.50 from Sephora.com. The scent is luscious!! I agree- slightly hard to describe, but definately a true fresh herbal earthy grassy green scent is the closest description I can give for this. It does make my skin feel so soft and smooth also, with no greasy yucky feel that some other body butters posess.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Bubblebath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very picky about the scent of my creams. I've tried the Body Shop, Olay, Dove, Vaseline...you name it, I've tried it. The only one I absolute loved was the Babycream (in a big round tub) from Crabtree & Evelyn. Unfortunately, they don't make that scent anymore so I've been searching for the perfect cream for over a year. I finally found it: this Bamboo Garden whipped body delight is AWESOME!! It just smells sooooo good. The scent is light but it doesn't change or disappear after awhile. The "whipped" cream is great, much much nicer than that solid stuff from the Body Shop (Body Butter) b/c it's easier to spread all over the arms and legs.

I tested the Ginger & Lime and I liked the scent at first. But then it changed and smelled weird after about 15 min. After about 1/2 hour, the scent was completely gone. But the Bamboo Garden still smelled just as nice.

I also tried the Cosmopolitan, smelled a lot like the Cranberry stuff from the Body Shop. I would've bought that one too except it comes in a package of 3 with Lemon Drop and a green one (can't remember) and I only liked Cosmo.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2005 11:21:00 AM More reviews by eat_your_veggies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A fresh, green, clean scent. No sharp notes or overly floral or fruityness. My favorite scent in a lotion. People will say "Wow you smell so good!" instead of "What perfume are you wearing?" Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by amyl715

Ordered 2 of these whipped body delights in order to get free shipping and I am so glad I picked Bamboo Garden as one of my scents (the other, ginger lime was yuck!) Anyway, I adore the way this smells and feels going on. Moisturizes really well and the smell, I just can't even describe. Clean, yet there's just something there that had me sniffing at myself all day long. I was starting to get strange looks! I just wish they made these in a huge container size because the small tub isn't going to last me too long since I'm so addicted!