January 29, 2015 | 1303 users online

Concealers - E.L.F. - Tone Correcting Concealer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 6:46:00 AM More reviews by sgnewbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the shade spice, which I think is the 2nd darkest shade available in this range of concealer (NC35 perfect match). So as u can tell, this would NOT work for woman with color as there is no dark shades at all, which is a shame, as I really love this stuff and I can definitely use it for light contours if there were more colors.

I use this ONLY for concealer under eye bags / dark eye circles, and this does the job perfectly. I love my Mac Pro longwear but sometimes on days I don't feel like wearing makeup I like a more fluid-consistency concealer to wear, like this one. This covers up my really bad bags nicely without looking cake up or unnatural. This is NOT FOR BLEMISHES. It's just there to help me correct any uneven skin tone. TONE CORRECTING GUYS. This acts like a super light sheer coverage foundation for your skin, to remove any signs of redness, no more. Ain't gonna cover scars dearie. Use this for under eyes, and it'll be more than $1 worthy. Trust me, I've purchased more than 5 of this stuff, love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2015 2:34:00 PM More reviews by queennattyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not alot in the tubee but for the price it doesnt matter good color for under evey and small blemishes strange smell but i like it

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by makeupco101

I saw this $1 so I figured id try it out, and I do not regret buying it. It does not have much coverage, so if you are looking for full coverage, I do not recommend. A great to-go concealer. Oh, and it smells amazing! I would buy this again, I mean it was one dollar who could refuse?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by californiabreeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Consistency is very liquidy and it has zero coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

e.l.f. Essential Tone Correcting Concealer really disappointed me. At the very beginning, I had trouble even figuring out what shade I wore because names didnít match up with foundation shades. For example, I wear Almond in their Studio Flawless Finish Foundation & Studio Tinted Moisturizer. If I were to buy the Studio Pressed Powder or Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer - Oil Free, I know theyíd match me because they come in Almond, too. The darkest shade offered is Spice & I went with that. There really isnít selection for dark/black skinónot that it mattered since it was too light for me anyway & it didnít work, anyway.

This concealer did so much nothing, Iím actually upset I spent $1 on it. Even if it didnít do its job at concealing, which it didnít, the least it could do is correct my skin tone. I know & understand that itís so sheer because itís supposed to correct my skin tone & itís not a full coverage concealer, but even the details said itíll cover unwanted blemishes & it will cover redness & unwanted blemishes. I saw all of that right through the makeup.

I used the sponge applicator to apply & blend it. I tried working with it for more than a week, but I just couldnít bring myself to like it or find any use for it other than to highlight/illuminate underneath my eyes. It looks good, but itís not what I bought it for. I need to cover acne scars & pimples. Iím concerned about people noticing my acne. Unless itís going to be used to cover very slight redness, I donít recommend this because it doesnít conceal at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by FETUS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very watery and COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED INTO MY SKIN! disappeared like a moisturizer does, WTF?! and NO COVERAGE at all! I wish I had checked the reviews before I purchased it, what a waste of $1!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great price but covers nothing...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this concealer because i like most of elf's dollar products but this was not a good product. This is tone correcting because it wouldn't be good for concealing blemishes but it also doesn't do much in "correcting" my tone. It caked up and feels dry which is funny because i have extremely oily skin. It patched up and looked cakey everywhere i put it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Disclamat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not shimmery, and it covers evenly without looking like makeup and does NOT MAKE MY SKIN LOOK DRY. Before this I was using Almay and I could not put it on before rubbing some vitamin E oil or else it would make my skin look dry and older within an hour.

I don't use it to conceal acne spots, just the undereye area to make me look like I'm almost wearing no makeup. I took 1 lippy off because I would like to be able to squirt it out of a small tube as I don't want to run the risk of contaminating the brush that comes with it. So I just rub a bit on the top of my hand and from there I use my own sponge.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by glamycakes2014

Um no.....no no no no no....its very orangey and nasty. Doesnt blend well..kinda looks like it just wiped right off when i applied it...didnt cover acne at all...if anything it highlighted them by caking up and the orangey color stuck to it...but it was only 1$....so u get what u pay for