August 23, 2014 | 1059 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless Tanning Mousse in Deep Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ashleydarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ahh use to love this stuff! i was soo sad when it got discontiued...wish banana boat would bring it back!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 5:29:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this at Dollar Tree- for you guessed it $1.00! Savage Tan is much better- giving you a more brown tone-this is more on the orange side, still it may look better on a darker skin tone. I have fair skin, so this wasn't a good color for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I got the kind with the bronzer in it so you can see where you are putting it, and I think it is great. I ended up with a couple of dark spots, but if I would have actually paid a little more attention I am sure that wouldn't have happened. I am fair with golden undertones, but I do get out and get some natural sun before I apply this. As little as I have tanned this year (average 3 times per month and I do out door activities each weekend that allow me to get color) I feel pretty tan. I will say though, you HAVE to keep it away from your nails, or you will be sporting yellow nails for days, but even with that being said, I think it gives great color (no orange or brassy color). It looks great, but I do think it is best applied over a little natural sun.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Blueeyes248

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing Banana Boat Summer Color foam in Deep Dark. Since I hate baking in the sun or in tanning booths, I have to find some way to avoid looking albino, especially now that warmer weather is here. Now I know I probably shouldn't have grabbed Deep Dark since my skin tone is relatively fair, but whatever...this stuff doesn't turn my skin a fake orange color despite the fact that I'm probably not using the right color for myself, so I'm sure if you buy it according to your skin tone you'll have nothing to worry about. As for the smell, let's face it, all sunless tanners have that distinct smell. It's not that bad though, no worse than anything else I've tried, and I put it on at night and shower in the morning anyways...I probably wouldn't recommend putting this on and then going to the mall or shopping or anything because people can definitely smell when you're wearing it. The foam is easy to spread, just make sure you rub it in thoroughly. I give it 4 stars/lippies only because I hate waiting for it to dry before bedtime (I sit around for about 30-40 mins. naked) but if you can, I'd recommend sitting in front of a room fan and having it blow directly on you to speed up drying time (blow dryers don't work, it seems to only make the stuff feel more damp for whatever reason.) I haven't tried this on my face because I had an incident last year where I used another tanner and it caused me to have a really bad reaction, so I apply it from my feet up to my chin - if you can imagine that, I have a pale face and a really tan body. I'm like a sideshow before I put on bronzer. But anyways, give it a shot you'll like the results.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2006 9:20:00 AM More reviews by kikay_carrie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the end result however, it feels a bit sticky after applicataion. I usually apply this 2 hours before I take a shower, and it looks fine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 12:44:00 AM More reviews by vlcmgrl1698

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried tons of other faux tanners, including the horrible Fake Bake, but this is by far the best. It bests Christian Dior, Lancome and Clarins, I couldnt be happier with this prouduct! It goes on evenly,has a great colorgaurd, the smell is much weaker than other products! This is a great, cheap solution to pale legs!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2006 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ltccb

I absolutely hated this product. It was the absolute cheapest on the shelf at Walgreens, and that's why I grabbed it. You get what you pay for. Not only does this product have an awful stench, it also tastes like poison. I had never taken 'taste' into consideration when judging a (tanning) product before, but my boyfriend happened to lay his lips upon my neck hours after applying this junk and afterward I tasted it on him. I felt SO BAD for him! It's like licking nail polish remover! Of course, the taste goes away after a shower (which I think is inconvenient.. sunless tanner should not taste like that. Ever. I use Neutrogena's mousse now and I love it. It tastes like absolutely nothing!) but in my opinion, the stench remains. It also dried out my skin terribly. Overall I found this to be the bottom of the barrel as far as sunless tanners go, don't waste your money. Spend that extra two or three dollars for Neutrogena or L'Oreal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 1:05:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was addicted to this until I gave the spray another try. The mousse is fairly easy to apply but I do find the heels and elbows still hard to perfect. Unfortunately it does have that self tanning stench to it and the mousse melts so quickly that it has a tendency to lay and darken in between the fingers. For this price, try the spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2002 8:05:00 PM More reviews by jenspin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is one of my favorite self-tanners, primarily for ease of use. The lightness of the foam/mousse makes it very easy to apply evenly, without streakiness. The color works for me - I use it on my legs and arms for a little oomph every now and then. I have certainly used stinkier self-tanners, so I was somewhat pleased by the non-lingering scent of this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2002 12:17:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

The scent of this product is absolutely revolting. I cannot possibly wear this out in public because it stinks so badly. The consistency is extremely sticky and feels like it never dries. The good side is that it did give me a natural looking color at a great cheap price. It also did not give me a very dark tan. Since this was my first venture into self tanners, I wont be purchasing this again in hopes of finding a better smelling one.