October 20, 2014 | 901 users online

Eyeliner - Korres - smooth cedar wood pencil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by stls

I don't really like these eye pencils. I have tried two of them, they were actually a gift (a light blue and a light mint) They didn't irritate my eyes, but they are lacking pigmentation and staying power. Pass!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought these eye pencils in the holiday korres eye liner gift set. A $160 value, but for $32.50 which I thought was an AMAZINGLY good deal, especially for 10 pencils and also let me experiment more with these eyeliners.

I have to say that when I first bought these and didn't try them out, I didn't think they would be too good. but they are in fact, amazing! They do smudge a little throughout the day if you rub your eyes, but no so much that you get dark streaks all over your face.

They are very creamy, very pigmented, and smooth. To put it simply, they go on like a dream without having to constantly sharpen them. The light colored ones in the set (lilac, gold, silver, and the mud green) would be very pretty as a base.

I really like this eye pencils, and the fact that they are 100% natural is even better. The only thing I don't like about them is the packaging. The caps on them don't seem to stay on to well, and I really hate having to sharpen eyeliners.

But I do, overall, HIGHLY recommend these eyeliners. They are amazing! I wish more people knew about them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have purchased three shades... based on the reviews and on the fact Korres is so good (I love they bath line) and they do not use harmful chemicals.
I have this in grey #6 , #10 blue-black & #3 metallic brown.
All the shades are fantastic!! They apply gliding on like a sream.... and stay put . Well I have to say the the lead is very soft and for sure it's not waterproof; they say indeed water resistant ... it could be, as it would wash away (after having swatched on my hand) only with soap & water.and not water alone. I presume it will resist to your tears as well?
On my eyes, I am not sure if it will stay put alone w/o smudging as I used it w/ eyeshadow, therefore the powder of the shadow blends in and fixes the line drawn by the eyeliner.
My favourite shade is the blue: the PERFECT blue, deep blue shade I have been looking for years!! it's intensity & shade can be paired to the deep blue shade you can find in the Twilight #140 Dior Palette (winter 2008): it's the same gorgeous deep blue.
I smudged the Korres liner under my lower lashline and I got the perfect smokey eye.
I am sold and totally recommend these eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I feel in love with this eyeliner.Specially Mettalic Grey color number 6. I have never seen sich a beautiful grey color.I just cannot believe it.And I tested lots of eyeliners as I am using e/l for over 15 years.
So normally grey colors are way too light but this one is just perfect,not to dark not to light.I will buy forever.I like grey because it brings out green in my hazel eyes.And this is truly beautiful grey color even it is metallic I dont care,I am using it in daytime.It is still softer then pure black e/l.
The color is very nice and smudgy,good for smoky eyes.I also like that it has natural ingredients.It is soo worthy to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

This is officially my favorite eyeliner! I just received this in a swap from a lovely lady in NH, and am in love with this eyeliner. It's natural, it doesn't irritate my eyes, it's very highly pigmented, and goes on super easy. With most eyeliners I have to drag the pencil against my thin, sensitive eye-area skin over and over, irritating my eye before I'm even wearing makeup! But, with this eyeliner, it goes on fluidly and stays put once I smudge it in place! I love this stuff, and will definitely be buying more of it. Korres rocks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

i got this in a set.. 5 eyeliners and the mascara..
i love the fact that it's all natural/organic and supposed to be good for your eyes.. but it's not very long lasting and not smudge free pencils... it goes on very smooth under my waterline.. but then again.. not so 24/7 type...
it's a good buy for 5 pencils and a mascara for $25..
will use as eyeliner or to do a smoky eye..

Update:
So, I just grabbed this one day, and surprisingly, I feel inlove with it. So easy to glide on your eyelids. It is natural so I feel safe putting it on my eyelids. It doesn't smear and stays all day. I got this in a set so it was so cheap. I'm glad I got this cuz this will be my eyeliner for a while. Now I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by mimie

I got this pencil in black because i wanted a really high quality liner for my waterline and since they said it was especially made for this and also it was a "korres" product i thought it would be the best. After my purchase i found out that it smudged more than any other eyeliner i had....I only used it 3 times and then i bought a new one...I don't know if its just the black colour cause i had it also in white whicn didn't smudge at all (but the result was a bit weird ) but i am not going to give it another try it in other colours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I got this eyeliner in the Korres Smoky Eyes kit. I didn't really think it was anything special - just another black pencil eyeliner. In fact, I figured I would never use it because it isn't waterproof, and when I swatched it at Sephora, I smudged it all over the place with one swipe of my finger. Didn't look promising.

But then I actually decided to try it out, and somehow, I love it completely. This eyeliner is incredibly soft and smooth. It will transfer to your lids over shadow with ease - no tugging. It's also pigmented well. It even smells good (to me) - like freshly bought school supplies! (Must be the cedar.) But the best thing about this liner is it's smudge-ability, the very thing I thought I hated about it. This eyeliner makes doing a soft, smokey look (that's even appropriate for daytime) incredibly easy. Apply some on your lashline, then with a small brush, gently smudge it up and out. Beautiful. And with a primer underneath, it lasts all day.

However, because it's so soft and smudgy, it's the worst for waterlining and tightlining. I had panda eyes within a couple hours. Also, on it's own, it's a little pricey. I'm not really sure if I'd buy it again because of that.

Overall, I'm giving it a 4/5. It's the perfect eyeliner for that smudgy/smokey look, but unfortunately, not much else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I got one of these in a set. Sadly they smudge like crazy. :( I did find a good alternative use for them though. I will line my lid, then smudge it out with a q-tip or finger for a nice subtle smokey look. Or I will smoke it out completely as if I were doing a full out smokey look and then set it with some powder e/s on top. Voila! So it's not all a total waste :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ooooooooooh! Until yesterday, I did not own a proper "eyeliner", much preferring loose and stick kohls for their blendiness and smudgeability. But I was seduced by the inclusion of a lovely grey in the Sephora Korres sampler (with 5 liners and a sample size Abyssinia mascara), and now I can't stop playing with them. These are deliciously smooth -- they transfer like rich, waxy kohl and are sooooooooooooo smudgeable. In fact, they lost a lippie because of it: very attractive quality when applying, but becomes less so when it means that the lightest touch near your eye area transfers copious amounts of product to your fingers. I wear contacts and am frequently fussing with them, so this is sort of an issue for me. That said, however, I'd probably repurchase (though I'll never run out of these) because the colors are wonderful and rich, and the line is very easy to control and, of course, smudge. I can tightline with these and while, yes, it definitely isn't staying put for the long haul, it doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Plus, they sharpen to such a nice point that it makes lower lash lining a dream and a half -- I can get right at the lash line and then feather it a bit. Great pencils, great colors, great application, not-so-great wear.