September 17, 2014 | 950 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Christian Dior-Dune EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Gigit77

Lovely classy earthy scent that reminds me of what a professional would wear to the office. It smells airy and unique, and a bit earthy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this fragrance twice ..But not anymore , not because it's "bad" or doesn't suit me , it's just the memories it carries ...
It's not a usual smell for sure ;it may be catgorised as woody with a slightly oriental touch of Jasmine ..Imagine a a beautiful Arab girl who has a sad but noble love story , that is what the perfume is ..A friend of mine thought it smelled like "water when it touches dry earth" ...but I don't agree , and knowing she loves elaborate , flashy , head- turning heavy oriental smells , I am sure of my opinion ...It's not the smell of orient you read about in the West , it 's the real delicate side of orient ..I am not surprised this was one of the most succesful scents in the Middle East (It's a classic here ..) it conveys what Middle Eastern women would really feel .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perhaps not strictly a summer fragrance it is reminiscent of sand and sun and warm summer nights without that tacky and cheap "beachy" smell that so many summer perfumes duplicate year after year. It's warm and inviting rather than clean and fresh. Think romantic evening dinner by the ocean, rather than splashing around at the pool.

As lovely as it is, I wore this fragrance for a while in the early 00s but now I've out grown it and it is perhaps a tad dated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot understand why this fragrance would seem 'bleak' to some people. I find it very warm and woody, predominantly rosewood with spice, aldehydes and a woody drydown. It can come off as quite sweet, almost honeyed on some people but not me. I can get almost tearfull when I smell Guerlain Apres l'Ondee but not with Dune. Actually I find it really cheery especially in cool weather. It does not bloom in the heat imo, and does not smell in the least bit beachy.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by NaniFiona

I sprayed it in my arm at a store after reading very excited reviews about it. A few minutes later, i was thinking how i would cut my arm off if i had to live with that smell. It`s a mix of urine and old-men`s cheap soap. Disgusting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the parfum, which can be found in mini bottles.

I tried Dune long ago in EdP and despised it. I found it odd, cold, and too heavy on the white florals. On a whim, I purchase a mini in parfum on the cheap on ebay. What a difference formulation makes! Although I clearly sense the white florals, lily in particular, it does not dominate as much. Dune does not seem as cold as it once did, yet it still seems odd.

Dune seems about right for a warm autumn day. It's unusual and high quality, yes. Yet it doesn't seem very affable, lovable. It seems distant and aloof. Dune's an odd one, it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

While returning from my London honeymoon in 1991 I spotted this at the duty free shop at Heathrow Airport tested it and purchased. On the flight home I liked this enough although it was like nothing I'd ever worn; I have worn many Dior scents so I figured this was yet another I'd love. This smells so dry (think gin), hence the name Dune and manifests gentle spice florals and really is a sophisticated scent for a dry warm climate, which I clearly do not reside. I purchased the non spray bottle and unbeknownst to me during flight the pressurized cabin caused the bottle top become lodged so strongly that after 17 years of marriage (10/5/08) I cannot open it without compromising the integrity of the bottle. Believe me, I have tried EVERY method known to man to loosen the seal. The completely full beautiful bottle sits on my vanity vacuum sealed for time memorium as a testament to my marital bond. I no longer attempt to open it, if I did I think it would be a bad omen portending the demise of my marriage. Some describe this as a melancholy scent, I don't disagree, it is a solitary scent, neither social or repellant. This is not a beachy dune scent, this is the scent of a remote desert with an oasis in sight. It is exotic, warm and speaks to the committment one must have to endure and prevail in order to acheive a goal. I wore the EDP and recall it had great staying power, just like my marriage. A very elusive scent by no means objectionable.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by SadSadie

This is a beautiful, melancholy perfume. It is highly memorable. The first time I experienced it, it was on a beautiful, mysterious and very naughty friend of mine from Britain. The intermingling scents of her unwashed hair, Silk cut cigarettes, stale cider and Dune was unforgettable, completely seductive, and a bit sad. I recently read the review of it in "P:TG" and they too felt that it was not a happy fragrance at all. Funny that emotions seem to have beguiling smells. I can't wear this perfume, it's just not me, but I recommend someone who is looking for a distinctive scent give it a go.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 8:14:00 AM More reviews by AnnaLucy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got it from a perfume gift box from a friend. It didn't attract my eyes for the beginning but now I love it because my husband loves it. So I only wear it during night. ;) Anyway, I'm planning to buy a bottle after the sample sized used up.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just smell the peony. True, it's a slightly grounded peony, but it's definitely not the desert sand I was expecting. The spices come out in the drydown, and they're pretty nice.