August 27, 2014 | 1732 users online

Loose Powders - Guerlain - Les Voilettes Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by XMishiX

I use Les Voilettes to set my foundation. I find that it works well with other brands of foundation too. It helps to achieve a radiant yet matt look but I do have to retouch after a couple of hours due to my oily skin. Les voilettes is the powder that's lasted a bit longer than other brands on my skin. I like the fact that it blends well and doesn't just sit on top of my foundation. I only need a tiny amount on my large powder brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Bolish

A beautiful powder. I use it in Beige Moyen 4 over my deep dark skin and it leaves no white cast whatsoever. It completes my foundation and assist in arriving at that polished flawless look. Amazingly enough, at times I use this powder without foundation and it really lifts the appearance of my skin.
This is a light, beautiful powder and the only one which is truly compatible with my skin texture and color.
It doesn't combat the oiliness for a long time though. A touch up is needed after a two hour interval,but still no cakiness experienced whatsoever. I do adore this powder even though the price is a tad much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This Guerlains old loose powder that fell victim to a remarketing exercise as mineral makeup. Let me first of all say, it's an excellent loose powder, but it's not in any way, shape or form, a mineral makeup as most people would understand it. Now let me explain. Those looking for a mineral makeup would find this formula unacceptable being as it is, basically talc and bismuth oxychloride. Now talc is granted a mineral but it's also an ingredient a lot of people are trying to avoid by buying mineral makeup. Bismuth oxychloride while perfectly fine with a lot of people is also a synthetically manufactured mineral that people with sensitive skin are also trying to avoid. It's strongly scented, all Guerlain products are. If you don't like fragrance this makeup brand will never be for you.

Now how does it perform? As a loose power to wear over foundation it's fantastic! It floats on the skin, does indeed soften lines and looks extremely natural. The formulation is sparkle free but also gives a nice glow. it has however virtually no coverage power whatsoever.i bought this powder to wear over concealer without foundation and it's not good for that unless you have flawless skin. It's a traditional
loose finishing powder, not a powder foundation.

The package is lovely but large and not at all suitable for travel. Yes even with the closing sifter top it will still make a mess. If you need a carry everywhere type of product take a look at the meteorites pressed powders in skin shades released last year.

I say this powder is a victim of a re-marketing effort because in doing so they lost the buyers who used to buy this powder as a translucent powder and it never really caught on as a mineral makeup either. if you were a fan of this as a translucent powder then fear not the repackaging. The formulation is still very much a translucent powder and it provides so little coverage and colour payoff that you could get away with using the wrong colour and never really know. They completely missed the opportunity to sell this powder as 'the finishing powder' for Lingerie De Peau, in my view.

If you like Chanels Lumiere Loose Powder then this is Guerlains comparable twin. It's a beautiful loose finishing powder in great packaging andna quality product. They just missed the boat with the marketing of it.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by evongsm

This loose powder was recommended to me by my make up artist for my wedding day. this powder is fine and smells lovely and is lilac in colour. i would recommend to people fair skinned. it has subtle shimmer, attracts light and brightens the entire face. do not expect coverage. this is more like a finishing powder. i use a big kabuki brush, brush all over my face after i apply suncreen + foundation. Good effect. i reach for it when i am due for a facial and have a dull complexion

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ikon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This loose powder smells great and looks really nice. It's beautiful on top of foundation and definitely adds to the wear.
My only beef with this is the packaging. It's so difficult to get out and I spend more time shaking it and turning it upside down than I do applying it. It has the advantage of protection against getting out too much but there is also such a thing as too little. The container is the only reason I don't use this on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the les voilettes mineral loose poweder. It's a fantastic setting powder. I have it in Beige Natural. It gives a luminous, slightly matte finish...no powdery look. I use the velvety black powder puff that comes with it to apply. Perfect. The scent of this powder is divine. I'm sensitive (particular more like) when it comes to any fragrance and it smells BEAUTIFUL...not any annoying chemical perfume smell but a very, very light orchid. This did not cause any irritation and I'm very happy with it's performance. The package is lovely...of course it's Guerlain. The price tag is hefty but typical of high end cosmetics.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review of the newer formulation, which is a mineral powder. It is a very nice powder in the same way that a Jaguar is a "nice" car lol. I am on the fair side, but not super light, so that may be why I've not had issues with color selection. I like this better than Chanel - poudre universelle libre.

I do not use it as a powder foundation, and I don't think this is the intended purpose anyway. It does a wonderful job of setting my foundation, and looking incredibly natural. Kind of glow-y but matte. Just not too matte. No sparkles whatsoever. This powder, although finely milled, is not AS fine as Chantecaille. Chantecaille is fluffier, and I like it a bit better than Guerlain, however the new packaging by Guerlain is definitely superior. My all time favorite remains Cle de Peau.

The packaging has been re-designed. It is definitely "travel friendly". The outside is a highly polished silver color. The inside sifter part is part of the construction, (hard plastic rather than a floating screen). It twists open and closed, within the container itself, and the outside lid also twists to open or close. According to Guerlain's package insert, this is a completely waterproof packaging. (I hope I don't have to test this feature lol)

The fluffy puff is black ~ nice touch :)

I voted that I would not buy again, but only because I still feel that Cle de Peau and Chantecaille are better powders.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by lapor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been using this for three years already....since i began to use this powder i stopped searching for perfect powder to set my foundation and touch up throught the day

i used transparent 01 and it brightens my face without looking like a ghost, i loved the smell and its mattifying effect

but recently, i ran out of powder and went to the cosmetic counter
and heard something very depressing
they discontinued this and came out with les voilettes mineral
and the lightest shade is rose clair 12 which was supposed to replace
the transparent 01

but i failed to find rose clair 12 after i made trip to over five different stores...and they told me guerlain does not offer rose clair 12 in canada
and it will be only available in asia and europe countries...

i'm so disappointed...because the lightest shade offered in canada
is beige clair 02 and it had very strong yellow tone and turns orange
after few hours

sometimes i just don't understand why some of the amazing product
always have to be updated or reformulated to get worse and confuse
the ppl...

i don't think i would buy les voilettes mineral powder again as
there's no shade that matches my skintone anymore...

if you still want to buy this powder in mineral version i suggest you
to sample it first...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this powder! Used with guerlain parure extreme liq foundie, it makes my face glow subtly, with enough coverage too ! nose a lil shiny by noon but much better than the chanels, diors, macs, etc which i've tried!
i only hate the packaging (i'm an odd ball here..) - the gold is very tacky but then guerlain is sooo goldish.. and the sifter makes the powder abit messy. i wished the sifter can be smack tightly (made of plastic) than a make shift piece of thingy.
not portable at all. only on my vanity.
eta: powder is very fine, smells good. i'm using translucent 01. skin is usually clear so i prefer light make up. oily/combi- dry . best applied with a big fluffy dense brush - ecotools for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 6:43:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

This has been my love for years. I loved everything about this powder - the fine quality, the shade (the lightest shade is my perfect match) and even the scent. It kept my skin looking fresh and matte, no breakouts, no color build-up.
The price is very high and that's the reason why I stopped buying it. I was going through the powder fairly quickly too which contributed to the high price issue. Probably I shouldn't have used the puff that comes with the powder (I think you waste too much powder this way, though the puff is actually very nice). Normally it's never been a problem with other loose powders (have been using my latest - Diorskin powder - for a couple of years already and the box is still nowhere near being empty).
I would definitely buy it again and I am sure I will! I have been missing the lovely smell for too long :-)