July 25, 2014 | 1901 users online

Powders - Guerlain - Les Voilettes Powder Loose & Pressed

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

This powder is stunning, finely milled, and smells like violets. This is the best powder I have tried and I feel it erases my pores and leaves a velvet finish. However, it is so tiny for the money. It's half the size of the Chanel Les Beiges powder. This is going to be an expensive staple for sure. I was underwhelmed by the packaging too. It looks beautiful, but it feels like cheap drug store plastic. Overall, I love the product, but wish the packaging was more hefty and it came with more powder for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by elizium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the BEST powder I have ever used!
It took me a lot of time to find good powder for my fair and very sensitive skin. I tried many (Dior, YSL, Chanel and Estee Lauder). Most of them are very heavy for my skin. Guerlain les Voilettes is very light, looks very natural on my skin. It also calms skin so if I have irritations this powder removes them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Supermewbs

I wouldn't buy this product again because:
1) I don't think I'd ever finish using this
2) It's quite expensive

On the other hand, I love this! It gives you a great overall complexion and the packaging is so cute. Perfect for touchups.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2007 5:54:00 AM More reviews by gerl18

I have a very Oily skin and powders will always wear out on my skin. But this powder sits very well on my skin and doesn't feel that oily. I love the packaging and the fine powder. I hate the fragrance though.

26/6/09 - this broke me out real badly!! wont use this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2007 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

I adore this powder. I have the pressed version in Perlee and it is the best pressed powder I've used in a long time. It's wonderfully fine and goes on without accentuating imperfections, covering nicely while evening out my skin tone. It keeps me oil free much better than I could have ever anticipated. I wish that the compacts were refillable, seems like such a waste to have to buy a new compact every time. Guerlain should take a clue from their meteorites compact and produce refills for this. Also, the puff is somewhat thin and I stopped using it because storing it on top of the powder isn't the best in terms of cleanliness. It also can affect the top of the powder due to the facial oils that are transferred to the puff upon application. Instead, I purchased a travel powder brush from Sephora and I use that instead.
Otherwise, I will definitely repurchase this product, despite the price and inability to refill it. I love using it as the compact is so pretty to pull out of your purse!

I'm so glad I took a chance and explored the Guerlain range of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2007 5:17:00 AM More reviews by cemjay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another fan of the Guerlain powders here and the gorgeous violet scent of their make-up! I have the pressed Les Violettes compact in Transparent and its superb! It mattifies my oily/combination skin and gives me a lightly made-up finished look. I carry it everywhere for touch ups during the day! I got my compact from ebay for 19 GBP. Definitely will rebuy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2005 12:08:00 PM More reviews by chochotte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The greatest loose powder I have ever tested ! # Perlee is a light pink shade which is rather matte, but it is so light that it gives some glow once applied... but I hate the compact which is an enormous golden box that reminds me of old-fashioned soap dishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 5:11:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The most gorgeous powder ever! I have this in both the loose and pressed versions, and the color I use is Transparente No. 1. The pros: the violet scent, though strong, is very comforting, and I hope my niece (who is only 6 mos old now) remembers me forever for this powder scent--that's what kind of scent this is! The powder itself is very smooth, resulting in perfect skin! Both loose and pressed powders come in very beautiful gold containers- the loose is in a golden, rounded tub with a sifter net, which is great for using a brush with, and a plastic insert so the giant puff never has to sit in the powder! Very handy. The pressed is in a lovely golden compact with a generous mirror, complete with Guerlain branded puff. The con: it's expensive! Both powders were approx. $50 each. It's well worth it though because it's so lovely!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No