April 16, 2014 | 1574 users online

Blush - NARS - Silvana

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Silvana is definitely one of the most underrated NARS blushes. It's a tan color with peachy undertones and a subtle golden sheen. I have medium skin with warm undertones (NC30) and Silvana gives me a gorgeous, sunkissed glow that works with both neutral looks and more dramatic ones. This blush is almost like a 3-in-1 product--it adds warmth to the cheeks, shapes the face, and adds a soft radiance to the skin. The texture is soft and finely-milled, and it blends easily on the skin. Unlike brighter NARS blushes, I apply Silvana with a regular blush brush like the MAC 129 rather than a stippling brush because the color isn't so intense. If you're very fair or have cool undertones in your skin, Silvana might show up as muddy or orange, but if you have warm undertones, definitely give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by wq13

LOVE THIS BLUSH.
I have warm-toned skin and this looks so natural and gorgeous! It might end up looking muddy or dirty on cool-toned skin though.
NARS blushes are all so easy to blend and very high quality although they are quite pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by LollipopLovingXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

The photo posted here looks very pale toned compared to the real shade. It's a warm copper shade that has a very very subtle sheen. It's matte but not. Kinda hard to explain but I love it. It gives a suntanned glowy look minus any glitter. So gorgeous on warm skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by BrunetteBarbie28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This blush is like a hidden little NARS gem. You never hear about it though it's so gorgeous and can be worn everyday. It's a beautiful sunkissed peachy caramel brown with a very subtle sheen. It makes me look like I've just been on a tropical vacation and I <3 that. It has 0 red undertones also which I adore. It's very pigmented and a lil bit is all you need.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful product, just not for me. On my NC20-25 face it just looked "muddy" on my cheeks. May have been able to pull it off as a bronzer, but I already have a bronzer. I could have made it work with the right brushes, blending technique, and using a good highlighter on top, but the end result would have looked like something else I already own that I can just get straight out of the pan!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence about Silvana. I really wanted to try this after I loved deep throat and even more loved sertao. The picture for this up above is so beautiful. It looked like it would be the perfect natural blush on me. I would agree that this is a coral brown color like the reviewer below me says. Sometimes it shows up reddish brown on my skin tone. Also the texture of my blush is sort of hard. Like I really have to get my blush brush in there, maybe I got a bad one? I thought the texture would be smooth,silky, and pigmented just like deep throat and sertao are. Oh well, I will fool around with this some more to get to like it because it cost a lot of money!

Update: Used this today and I must say I'm bumping this up to a 4. It's a beautiful warm coral/brown tanned shade. Definitely looks like a bronzer on not a blush. I do wish the texture was silker. I actually took my eyebrow brush and swept over it a couple times to loosen up the blush. This seemed to work. Also looks nice as an eyeshadow. Gives a very natural bronze look. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

silvana is a coral brown color. i think it's very similar to another nars blush, sertao. the only 2 differences are silvana is much sheerer and has less shimmer than sertao. in fact the shimmer in silvana is barely noticeable once applied whereas the shimmer in sertao creates a subtle sheen on the skin. all in all, these two are very similar. i will repurchase coz i like how the color shows on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product. It gives a light tan color. I use this product for a more natural everyday look. It has a hint of shimmer, just enough to make your cheeks pop without being too dramatic.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by maldiveslover

I bought this like 4 years ago.I bought this twice actually.Its a dull orange sheer color which looks great on people with tanned skin. On people with fair skin tones this would look a bit dirty and unnatural. Don't be fooled by the color in the pan. When applied it shows up in a really darker shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A pretty, subtle orangey nude color with minimal shimmer. Works great for a natural look or a strong lip or eye. This color is a bit warm, so it might go too orange on cooler skin tones. It would work better with other warmer or neutral toned make up. It is very light, so if you want a more dramatic look, you would have to layer it. Very nice color.