July 26, 2014 | 1867 users online

Moisturizers - Nuxe - Creme Fraiche Concentree de Beaute Suractivee (for dry and very dry skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lucyfarfrai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. One of the few creams that moisturises dry skin without clogging. I keep on trying new products just to go back to this one. Perfect in the winter (a little bit too rich in the summer though).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ikbansal

I have come over from the UK to Edmonton and suffer quite horrible nasty winter skin. I'm not used to the cold dry conditions at all. I usually have an oily t-zone during the day but this winter my skin has changed dramatically. It became itchy, sore, flaky and everytime I would spend more than 5 minutes outdoors I would have red flaky itchy patches on my skin. I tried a lot of products that I felt were thick but when they didnt work or were too greasy I would stick to good old Vaseline (I know its not ideal). Then one day I was having a look around Shoppers drug mart and the helpful lady recommended this cream to me and its the first face cream I've ever used that instantly made a difference to my skin. My skin was plump, clear looking, dewy and had a healthy glow. I agree with everyone who has said this a holy grail because its fantastic! I've had this cream for two weeks and that just shows how quickly this product works! Usually by this time I'd be researching another cream to try and wondering how I'm going to get rid of the rest of my bad purchase however, this will be repurchased again and again! Also, I was getting major dry cracked lips, I put this cream on my lips every night and you guessed it, it sorts it out!
The sales lady also gave me some samples of the serum and its equally brilliant and exellerates the results of the cream. Its my next nuxe purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by elisejarnved

I was looking forward to try this because it said it was hydrating. But the smell was weird, at it made my skin really greasy, and it wouldn't sink into my skin completely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I prefer the emulsion version to this cream. This one is a bit greasy. I use this only at night and in the winter and it's just okay. I wouldn't buy this again but I would buy the emulsion version again even though I have very dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by phthalo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a sample of this cream, and tried it today. Perhaps it is best for someone with extremely dry skin, or for the winter (for reference, my skin is quite dry, but I don't need as heavy a moisturizer in the summer). I found this cream to be very greasy -- I applied it three hours ago, and my skin is still sticky from it. Not a winner for me. In fact, I feel like I want to go wash it off :(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Ailleurs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like NUXE and all the hype around this company

-This cream is so thick , it doesn"t soak into the skin.
-Broke me out.
-I hate the smell.
-I don't like the pot ( not hygienic and very heavy ).
-Makes my face so oily and shiny erk!
-Expensive in France , so I think it's even more expensive in the USA and all over the world ;-)

Overall: I have combo/dehydrated skin ans this moisturizer donesn't do anything for me , it makes my face so oily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by lueta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm very dissapointed - I was prepared to really love this, but, firstly, it irritates my sensitive skin, and secondly, it's not moisturizing enough. I know my skin is exceptionally dry and dehydtrated lately, probably because we've been experiencing quite a lot of sun this spring after a very gloomy winter, and my skin is reacting. I'm just glad that I tried a sample before buying this cream which unfortunatly is not going to happen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin has been super dehydrated as of late, so much so that standard moisturizers (like my Eucerin Q10) weren't cutting it. I decided to give Nuxe a whirl on a whim, and I'm glad I did. This is a pale, thick white cream that's somewhat heavily scented due to the essential oils. It has a very rich texture, but it sinks into my skin after a few minutes and doesn't feel greasy. If used sparingly, it's suitable to wear under makeup, and it's a great night cream. I'm not sure if this would be great for sensitive skin, though -- I noticed that my retinoid-irritated skin stung a tiny bit when I applied this cream. The jar is fairly large at 2.1oz, but I don't think it's worth the $41 U.S. retail price. However, if you can get it with a discount, it's a good deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by doujima

*this is a review of Crème Fraîche Concentrée de Beauté Suractivée for dry & very dry skin*
I like the rich texture and my skin felt good when using it - none of those insufficient hydration issues I've had with other Nuxe products for dry skin. However, it smells a little strong for my liking and imo it's too greasy to work under make-up, so I could only ever use this as night cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

My 50's skin is dry, & by using various acids for the liver spots further dried it more. I like this cream a lot, mainly because of its texture, my face feels so comfortable & satisfied immediately post application. And it looks more plump about 30 minutes later. Its July, & I find by using sparingly, the skin absorbed it quite nicely in 30 minutes before bedtime.
I also received a GWP, a 0.5 oz of this cream in the "normal skin" version. Its also every bit as good as the "enriche" except I used a bit more.
If its not for all you wonderful MUAers, I would never discovered Nuxe, very seldom I find so many favourites in the same line. I also bought the Aroma-Vaillance cream in normal, cleansing water, & Fresh & Relaxing moisture mask, those are all exquisite products, Nuxe's prices are decent, compared to the crazy S----y creams which costs $300-$400 for a 50 ml cream & Nuxe is every bit as good if not better.