July 28, 2014 | 1409 users online

Fragrances - Roger & Gallet - Eau Parfumante Gingembre - Ginger Fragrant Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

what a gem!!!
a friend of mine was selling it and since I wanted this so badly(due to the bad experience with Eau de Sisley 3 which was amazing but very,very short living:(((...and which has a very similar spicy but calm ginger note...), she gave it to me for free:)))...thanx again Tish Kitty**
the first thing that I can detect is a seriously refreshing note of expensive lemon leaf(simmilar to Escale a Portofino),and ginger /patchouly part which gives it a simple yet summery (refreshing towel) feel....
a truly magnificent, not so powerfull but extraordinary fresh summer scent...whereas Bvlgari au the vert(another marvelous summer gem) is a warm, playfull scent that wears golden jewellry, Gingembre is a cold,eclectic scent full of boho silver bracelets....
Escales, move ya asses away, there's a new boy in town!!!and it smells perfect!!
if it only had more sillage, it would be a HG summer lemonade for me...but a generous bottle of nearly full 200 ml.made me love my friend even more and endure this godawfull heat of 40C outside....
excellent!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by czelikow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got handcream for my ex (while yet dating) last spring. Superlovely. Today, washing up with my mother's new handsoap, who should enter the room but... my former baby! No no - house to myself. Turns out I'd not really looked at the label, dazzled by amber dazzling bottle. Mom must have picked up gingembre right as she was leaving for Texas. Anycase, I'm wandering around the kitchen feeling like I've switched bodies w my sweetheart. Really strange. Makes clear to me though, why I like mannish fragrances (English Fern; indeed, Old Spice) and rags. Narcisso-hermaphroditic thrill. Definitionally solitary pleasure for the ladies, however: gingembre really is a male fragrance, albeit a teasingly pretty one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 5:28:00 AM More reviews by swmakeup

I just bought this product. And I realized what it is about it, that I like for daytime. This is a spicy scent, but it has absolutely no sweet undertones which make it heavy. If you like spice, but want it suble, this is the fragrance for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2004 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Scenta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As usual, R&G have made a first class scent out of a potentially tricky ingredient. I normally steer clear of so-called 'spicy' smells - all too often they are just a crude mix of clove, patchouli et al. This is different, combining floral, woody and citrus notes, using the ginger for its mystery value. There's nothing in-your-face here; I doubt whether others would be able to identify the ginger note at all. Wear this on a trip down the Nile or on the train to Istanbul (!). Failing that, it would be fine for work.
Class. The soap's nice, too.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2004 8:36:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Roger & Gallet, and this EDT is beautiful. It's gingery, and the neroli and benzoin really take the edge of the ginger without detracting from it. The drydown of woods and musk remind me a bit of BLV for Men (Bvlgari), which I really like. Gorgeous Art Deco design on the package too.

Why oh why can't this have longer lasting power??? Still love it though, has to be my no.1 R&G fragrance.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No