Sephora Nail Polish in #13

3.5

on 9/4/2007 8:42:00 PM

This is an amazing colour, a true chocolate brown. It was a bit thick on first application but I watered it down with nail polish thinner and then I had no problems. If the brush were a bit bigger it would make it easier to use, but I worked with it. At five dollars it's about the same unit price as an Essie or OPI. I would definitely purchase again because there aren't that many chocolate brown polishes out there that aren't tinged with red, purple or black. Try it!

on 8/31/2006 4:22:00 PM

I actually like this shade a lot. I agree it does go on sheer on the first coat, but after putting on a second coat it was opaque. It does take quite a while to dry though. The price is great, but then again considering how small the bottle is, I suppose it's not that great of a deal! All in all, if you are looking for a trendy fall nail look, I would say try it out! The bottle won't last much longer than the season anyway!

on 12/1/2004 10:14:00 PM

Like the previous poster, I bought this nailpolish since it was featured in Allure in November. While the color is a pretty, dark chocolate brown in the bottle, it goes on quite sheer at first, which requires a lot of layering. It ended up looking like brown magic marker on my finger. Nails down!! :)

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Allure magazine's "Color of the Moment" for November 2004 was chocolate brown nail polish and #13 was one of their suggested ones. The shade is a deep, rich brown - beautiful. The polish itself isn't as great - it went on smooth, but took forever to dry. If you're looking for a better alternative, MAC's Molasses is it. For an extra few bucks, you get the same rich shade but with a better formula. continued >>