April 17, 2014 | 1491 users online

Palettes - Stila - Critic's Choice Boxed Set

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 10:12:00 AM More reviews by blissgirl

L♥VE IT!!!

This really is the best makeup purchase I have ever made! Best of all, the colors are actually colors that I was planning on buying separately. Very wearable shades that go well together. The only thing I would change is that I wish it came with two Smudge Pots, instead of the convertible liners - since I am addicted to my Smudge Pot. But everything really is fabulous! The box is nice, with a full mirror and an interior that comes out - making it a large storage box. I plan to keep pictures in it. Great deal since this is close to $400 worth of stuff if you buy it separately. I am addicted to Stila even more now :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 2:23:00 AM More reviews by alison81

I think this is the best makeup purchase I've ever made. Seriously! I'm almost tempted to get rid of all my other makeup (ok, maybe not :P). For once, Stila has actually come out with solid packaging- perhaps a little bit too stark for my liking, but certainly very classic and chic. I didn't own any of these items beforehand, but I'm having lots of fun playing with the shades, and what's more, I don't think there's a shade here I don't like. The shades are mainly neutral. My highlights are the generous amount of Lip Glazes, the Cheek Mousses, Eye Mousses and Major Lash. It was expensive, but it was worth every cent in the amount of joy I've already gotten from it! :P

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2004 9:46:00 AM More reviews by wegas23

Since the previous reviewers have described the items that come in this kit, I will get right to the fun part which is telling everyone how much I LOVE this set! All of the colors are very wearable and pretty prety pretty. Judging from the amount I used this morning of one of the rouge pots, they should last a long time. The consistency of all of the "pots" are really different in a good way - very soft and fluffy. I have already tried 11 of the products that come in this kit and I have had it less than 24 hours! I can't wait to try the rest. I would highly recommend this set, ladies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2004 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MerelyGod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such an awesome set. I'm new to Stila because I don't have a counter or anything nearby where I can try it out and I hate ordering expensive makeup online if I'm not sure I'll like it. This was a great way for me to try a variety Stila products without spending a million dollars.

I really like most of the things in this set, but I'm not thrilled with the eye pots (the colors are a bit bright and shimmery for my taste) and the lip pots are just average in my opinion (except for the super cute jars they come in). I've already ordered a couple of my favorites in different colors (rouge pots and mascara), but others (convertible eye colors and lip glazes) although I like them, I probably won't rebuy because they are expensive for what you get.

Overall I think this is a fantastic set for the price and I definitely recommend it to anyone who doesn't already have a lot of the things that come in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2004 1:18:00 AM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a Stila fanatic, but the items in this set are a lot of the newer products, so I didn't have any of them, except Creme Bouquet, which I love. The box is huge and very cute with "Stila" written in silver on the top. The inside has a mirror and navy blue satin lining. All of the products are nestled in their own little slots. The inserts are easily removed so you can use the huge box for whatever you want! The retail price on this boxed set is $160 and it was offered in the 2004 holiday collection.

The set includes two lip pots (fraise and poire), two rouge pots (lotus and sweet pea), two shadow pots (honey and taupe), six lip glazes (grapefruit, strawberry, fig, praline, apricot, blackberry), two convertible eye colors (teak and berry), two lip liners (contour no. 1 and contour no. 16), major lash mascara, crème bouquet eau de parfum and vanilla body lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2004 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a great Stila set!!! I am new to Stila so pretty much, all but 1 lipglaze I didn't have. This is definately for the Stila collector. The box is while, the top lid which opens has a mirror which is the full size of the lid. Then inside the box there is a compartment where you place each of the Critic's Choice products. This is what's in it:
-Stila Shadow Pot Eye Mousse: Honey AND Taupe
-Stila Lip Pots: Poire AND Fraise
-Stila Rouge Pots: Lotus AND Sweet Pea
-Stila Major Lash Mascara in Black
-Stila Lip Liner: Contours no. 1 AND 16
-Stila Vanilla Body Lotion 1.7 fl. oz
-Stila Creme Bouquet 1.7 fl oz.
-Stila Lip Glazes in Grapefruit, Strawberry, Fig, Praline, Apricot, and Blackberry

----you get all of this for only $160-which may seem like a lot at first, however, just think about how much it would be if you paid for it separately...for starters the Creme Bouquet Parfum would be $50 and the lip glazes would be $16 each---just those --it's already over $100.

This also makes a fabulous Christmas present for yourself or that person that you want to induldge.

So far, I have no regrets b/c of how great the set is. And another plus is that the colors are very wearable...there isn't one in the set that I am not unable to wear..so major bonus there...and I'm an NC 30 for reference..I also see even the palest of skins being able to wear the colors in this....it's all really in how you apply the products.

So, Great Stila set for a Fabulous Value! It's an exclusive set to Saks...order quickly as they will be sold out soon!