October 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Lipstick - Laura Mercier - Bare Lips

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bare Lips looked great in the store but in some lights it looks a little pale on me - my lips are quite pigmented and against my NC40/BB Warm Natural skin it looks sheer salmon pink. I don't use it too often for that reason but when I do, I absolutely love the texture which deserves the 5 stars I've given.
This lipstick's for you if you find regular lipsticks drying but love the comfort of a tube gloss/balm. The formula is rich, creamy and hydrating and just makes my lips look and feel lush.
I would buy this lipstick again in a different shade, for the texture alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have fairly pale lips (& pale skin). When I apply this over lip balm, it does give me a nice MLBB color. On its own, its a bit too red but I blame my natural lipcolor for that. lol. I also feel like its slightly drying on its own. I like it enough to keep but not enough to repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

$20 is more than I'd usually pay for a lipstick, but I've tried and failed to find a perfect MLBB lipstick at the drugstore. Bare Lips happens to be the exact color of my lips, and it's sheer enough to look totally natural. No, the lasting power isn't great, and you do have to reapply after eating or drinking. But come on: it's a sheer lipstick. The one obvious drawback is the strong cotton-candy smell, but I got used to it pretty quickly, and now I barely notice it. Otherwise, I adore this lipstick. And I use it almost every day, which to my mind justifies the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a sheer pinky-beige MLBB shade (I'm NC20, pale lips). The finish is similar to MAC lustre lipsticks - sheer and slightly glossy, very natural. A close dupe would be MAC Hug Me. It's moisturizing and has a yummy vanilla scent. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by formerfatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lovely natural looking pinky beige - the colour of healthy flushed lips, It's sheer but pigmented. If you've ever tried Chanel glossimer in Praline this is like the lipstick version, though less glossy, less sticky and longer lasting. I wasn't sure about the almond smell at first but it disappears quickly. If you want an easy natural but polished look this product is idiot proof grooming at it's best.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by wints

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On my unpigmented lips, this is MLBB. It's a beautiful neutral rose shade, which, when applied, makes me look younger, fresher, more well-rested - better! I'm quite pale generally (NW 10-15) and cool-ish. Judging from reviews below (which I've looked over quite carefully - I'm always looking for recs for more mlbb shades!), this shade suits a variety of skin tones. It's not exciting or revolutionary, but it is extremely flattering! I'll be re-buying this one as long as it's made. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ktbeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very fair skin and think this color is very flattering, a true my lips but better shade. Very sheer, so look elsewhere if you want full coverage.

I knocked off two lippies because it is so expensive for about 2/3 of the product most other lipsticks have, plus the quality isn't too different from my favorite Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks! Sure, it's pretty, but I feel like the only reason for the high price is the name on the tube, and that doesn't sit well with me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this. The color is fine but I still like LM Tea Rose more. It's a bit more opaque than a stick gloss should be IMO. The color is a lovely beigey-rose that looks good on me, just a bit more intense compared with Tea Rose. I am not a fan of the vanilla LM scents this with, but I can live with it. Think it's expensive and the packaging nothing special. I guess I'll rebuy if I need to replace LM Tea Rose with something that isn't Tea Rose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

I am a bit medium tan and I love this color! It is so natural with a hint of beige/pink and gives me an Angelina Jolie look. I wear this with either smoky eyes or simple eyes...I can use this everyday for a natural look...(I am a NW 35/40/ Chanel 4.5/Cover FX E80 for reference) I would definitely repurchase, along with the other colors in this line...It is fairly better than my Clinique Buttershine in moisture and longevity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a fair to medium complexioned brunette with hazel eyes.

UPDATE 4/29/09: Originally I wrote a review saying this lipstick just misses out on being really pretty on me. I got it wrong. I've been trying to use it up and falling seriously in love in the process. So I've now given it 4 lipsticks (previously 2) and a resounding YES I will buy again. What happened? Well, it dawned on me that whenever I needed something to make me look well/healthy/fresh/pretty this was the lipstick I reached for, even on the days I wasn't making a concerted effort to use it. What I wrote before was a load of phooey. This is a very flattering shade on me. I am in at an age where I appreciate looking gently, not strikingly, made up. I like the texture and finish, which is not so creamy that it slides off, but not too dry either. It has an attractive soft sheen. Pretty city.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No