Laura Mercier Bare Lips

4.2

I had been searching for a replacement for Stila's Ava lipstick that was discontinued. Although this isn't really a match, it is the best I could find. It is more pink-ish and more matte than Ava which was more red-based and more glossy. Bare Lips is described by Laura Mercier as "sheer" which it is not. It is very definitely a lipstick not a lip gloss. What I like about it is it is natural looking and appropriate for work. It is also very moisturizing. I still think Ava was more flattering for me because it was complementary to my green eyes and the underlying pink tone of Bare Lips is not. However I would recommend Bare Lips for any fair skinned, blonde women.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My mom gave me this last year when I was testing lip colors for wedding makeup and while it wasn't quite right for my big day, it did peak my interest as a YLBB sorta shade, but somehow it ended up in my lesser-used/cast-off makeup drawer until a couple days ago. Obviously based on my rating I'm really digging this product!

When I top this with my treasured NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brūlee, I get my perfect lip color! It's a pinky-nude fresh look that accentuates my lips and compliments my daily natural makeup look.

While this is certainly more moisturizing than most lipsticks, I still have to apply lip balm beforehand or it doesn't go on quite as smooth. On its own, this shade is almost too intense for what I'm comfortable with, but I have pretty full and naturally pigmented lips, so it doesn't take much for them look overdone. So I always top this with the NYX gloss or lip balm to tone the berry/red tones down a bit.

This product goes on creamy and balmy-thick and instantly accentuates my lips and brightens my whole face. Previously, I was using Fresh Sugar balm in Petal, which is a gorgeous nudey-pink color, but the texture was too greasy and I disliked the smell/taste which brings me to the smell/taste of the Laura Mercier. I actually don't think the LM lingers too long, whereas the Fresh product lingered for quite a while and the taste was pretty overwhelming. I also don't think that the LM scent is nearly as bad as most of the lower-end lipsticks, which have an underlying stale chemical smell/taste. And don't even get me started on the smell/taste of Bobbi Brown lipsticks.

I will definitely repurchase when I run out of this, and I'm happy to shell out the extra money for a product that truly delivers.

GORGEOUS MLBB for those of us over 50 who want a more natural, yet pulled-together, not boring look. Just enough pink/rose/brown to look pretty/sophisticated. Absolutely love this as my everyday lipcolor. Hope it isn't discontinued anytime soon!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love LM products.

This Bare Lips is more of a lip balm, or lip gloss in a tube, than a lip stick. It swatches a rosy color on my wrist, but does pull more purple on my lips.

It feels good but wears off fast.

Does not give definition, bleeds need a pencil at my age

Way too expensive for a lip balm, i can buy one at the drugstore really cheap

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Bare Lips looked great in the store but in some lights it looks a little pale on me - my lips are quite pigmented and against my NC40/BB Warm Natural skin it looks sheer salmon pink. I don't use it too often for that reason but when I do, I absolutely love the texture which deserves the 5 stars I've given.
This lipstick's for you if you find regular lipsticks drying but love the comfort of a tube gloss/balm. The formula is rich, creamy and hydrating and just makes my lips look and feel lush.
I would buy this lipstick again in a different shade, for the texture alone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have fairly pale lips (& pale skin). When I apply this over lip balm, it does give me a nice MLBB color. On its own, its a bit too red but I blame my natural lipcolor for that. lol. I also feel like its slightly drying on its own. I like it enough to keep but not enough to repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

$20 is more than I'd usually pay for a lipstick, but I've tried and failed to find a perfect MLBB lipstick at the drugstore. Bare Lips happens to be the exact color of my lips, and it's sheer enough to look totally natural. No, the lasting power isn't great, and you do have to reapply after eating or drinking. But come on: it's a sheer lipstick. The one obvious drawback is the strong cotton-candy smell, but I got used to it pretty quickly, and now I barely notice it. Otherwise, I adore this lipstick. And I use it almost every day, which to my mind justifies the price.

It's a sheer pinky-beige MLBB shade (I'm NC20, pale lips). The finish is similar to MAC lustre lipsticks - sheer and slightly glossy, very natural. A close dupe would be MAC Hug Me. It's moisturizing and has a yummy vanilla scent. Perfect!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a lovely natural looking pinky beige - the colour of healthy flushed lips, It's sheer but pigmented. If you've ever tried Chanel glossimer in Praline this is like the lipstick version, though less glossy, less sticky and longer lasting. I wasn't sure about the almond smell at first but it disappears quickly. If you want an easy natural but polished look this product is idiot proof grooming at it's best.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

On my unpigmented lips, this is MLBB. It's a beautiful neutral rose shade, which, when applied, makes me look younger, fresher, more well-rested - better! I'm quite pale generally (NW 10-15) and cool-ish. Judging from reviews below (which I've looked over quite carefully - I'm always looking for recs for more mlbb shades!), this shade suits a variety of skin tones. It's not exciting or revolutionary, but it is extremely flattering! I'll be re-buying this one as long as it's made. continued >>

Recommended for Medium Skin