Laura Mercier Bare Lips

4.2

on 8/6/2015 7:25:00 PM

GORGEOUS MLBB for those of us over 50 who want a more natural, yet pulled-together, not boring look. Just enough pink/rose/brown to look pretty/sophisticated. Absolutely love this as my everyday lipcolor. Hope it isn't discontinued anytime soon!

on 7/19/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love LM products.

This Bare Lips is more of a lip balm, or lip gloss in a tube, than a lip stick. It swatches a rosy color on my wrist, but does pull more purple on my lips.

It feels good but wears off fast.

Does not give definition, bleeds need a pencil at my age

Way too expensive for a lip balm, i can buy one at the drugstore really cheap

on 2/19/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Bare Lips looked great in the store but in some lights it looks a little pale on me - my lips are quite pigmented and against my NC40/BB Warm Natural skin it looks sheer salmon pink. I don't use it too often for that reason but when I do, I absolutely love the texture which deserves the 5 stars I've given.
This lipstick's for you if you find regular lipsticks drying but love the comfort of a tube gloss/balm. The formula is rich, creamy and hydrating and just makes my lips look and feel lush.
I would buy this lipstick again in a different shade, for the texture alone.

on 10/17/2012 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have fairly pale lips (& pale skin). When I apply this over lip balm, it does give me a nice MLBB color. On its own, its a bit too red but I blame my natural lipcolor for that. lol. I also feel like its slightly drying on its own. I like it enough to keep but not enough to repurchase

on 1/22/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

$20 is more than I'd usually pay for a lipstick, but I've tried and failed to find a perfect MLBB lipstick at the drugstore. Bare Lips happens to be the exact color of my lips, and it's sheer enough to look totally natural. No, the lasting power isn't great, and you do have to reapply after eating or drinking. But come on: it's a sheer lipstick. The one obvious drawback is the strong cotton-candy smell, but I got used to it pretty quickly, and now I barely notice it. Otherwise, I adore this lipstick. And I use it almost every day, which to my mind justifies the price.

on 12/30/2010 9:20:00 AM

It's a sheer pinky-beige MLBB shade (I'm NC20, pale lips). The finish is similar to MAC lustre lipsticks - sheer and slightly glossy, very natural. A close dupe would be MAC Hug Me. It's moisturizing and has a yummy vanilla scent. Perfect!

on 4/5/2010 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a lovely natural looking pinky beige - the colour of healthy flushed lips, It's sheer but pigmented. If you've ever tried Chanel glossimer in Praline this is like the lipstick version, though less glossy, less sticky and longer lasting. I wasn't sure about the almond smell at first but it disappears quickly. If you want an easy natural but polished look this product is idiot proof grooming at it's best.

on 11/24/2009 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

On my unpigmented lips, this is MLBB. It's a beautiful neutral rose shade, which, when applied, makes me look younger, fresher, more well-rested - better! I'm quite pale generally (NW 10-15) and cool-ish. Judging from reviews below (which I've looked over quite carefully - I'm always looking for recs for more mlbb shades!), this shade suits a variety of skin tones. It's not exciting or revolutionary, but it is extremely flattering! I'll be re-buying this one as long as it's made. continued >>

on 10/22/2009 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have very fair skin and think this color is very flattering, a true my lips but better shade. Very sheer, so look elsewhere if you want full coverage.

I knocked off two lippies because it is so expensive for about 2/3 of the product most other lipsticks have, plus the quality isn't too different from my favorite Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks! Sure, it's pretty, but I feel like the only reason for the high price is the name on the tube, and that doesn't sit well with me.

on 3/24/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm on the fence about this. The color is fine but I still like LM Tea Rose more. It's a bit more opaque than a stick gloss should be IMO. The color is a lovely beigey-rose that looks good on me, just a bit more intense compared with Tea Rose. I am not a fan of the vanilla LM scents this with, but I can live with it. Think it's expensive and the packaging nothing special. I guess I'll rebuy if I need to replace LM Tea Rose with something that isn't Tea Rose.

Recommended for Medium Skin