October 20, 2014 | 1921 users online

Fragrances - Carolina Herrera - 212 Sexy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

This smells like the forgettable outcome of a quick blending process using a number, actually not so low a number of unfinished ideas from Albert Morillas’s sketchbook. Perhaps he was shouting ‘Oh nooooooo!’ from a corner or perhaps he didn’t care that much because he was busy concocting two hundred other fragrances at the time. In either case, 212 Sexy smells like the juxtaposition of a thousand ideas tried two thousand times before and after its creation.
In my personal experience, it is somewhere on the olfactory path from Pink Sugar to Guerlain’s fluffy bunny rabbit fragrance L’Instant Magic and manages to wink at Euphoria, which is trying to be mysterious and charismatic, but within the safe limits of tried and tested ideas.
On my skin, 212 Sexy opens with a loud and crowded into of really warm and musky bergamote, which is unfortunately too dense and not very radiant here. There is also pink pepper which feels like indescript woods. And then it stops. The fragrance kind of stops, turning muffled. And then yes, a journey from cotton candy to slightly floral, slightly almondy notes and then to creamy vanilla. If this is sexy, it’s a sterile good girl sexiness. I do find it cozy and pleasant but do not find it any sexier than my pajamas or baby pink fleece dressing gown. There is a spicy accord that shows its little face from time to time, but there is no edge to it. This is the short lived heart of 212 Sexy on my body. At times, I think it's a Teint de Neige wannabe, of course if we choose to forget for a second that TdN is 2000 times stronger and very powdery on some of us.
The drydown of 212 Sexy is ambery, soft powder on me, which I have learnt to associate with makeup bags, this time not a luxurious one. Again pleasant, non-offensive but not very memorable either. I could wear this fragrance to a lot of places but not feel very special in it.
There are many comments that men find this really sexy, but I don't think that makes a big difference unless a woman feels sexy herself. I think that's where any possible sex appeal begins but 212 Sexy doesn't encourage me to feel that way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A sweet and spicy floral that turns to powder on me, rather quickly. The bottles are interesting, almost seeming like a BOGO, encased in a cylindrical tube. Although this lasts for a decent amount of time, about 6 hours, nothing about it proved remarkably sexy. It's a nice floriental that sits close to the skin. Do I get vanilla? Hardly. The lemony pelargonium, the tea-infused bergamot, the spice of pink pepper all start well and mix with the milkiness of the sandalwood to begin 212 Sexy off to a good start. If only it would stay that way on me. Down to a slightly musky powder, without any sexiness, a few hours later, this perfume's gusto is gone.
Basically a pretty scent that's good for the office and quiet times that won't intrude on another's space, but just not sensuous or alluring at all.
Top Notes: Pink Pepper, Mandarin Orange, Bergamot.
Middle Notes: Gardenia, Pelargonium, Cotton Candy, Flowers.
Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Sandalwood.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 More reviews by chairmanmiao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was given this is a gift from my friend and she has very good taste in pretty much everything.it was actually one of the best (if not the best) gift from someone I ever had because it was something I could use on an everyday basis and actually get enjoyment from using as I really liked the fragrance and most importantly whenever I used it or people complimented me on the fragrance, I would instantly be reminded of my friend which gave me it and I actually feel a little sad now writing this because we've since lost touch.

The design of the fragrance holder is ideal it is perfect to carry round with you in your handbag even on a night out as it is so compact and can fit into almost any going out bag.

The smell is very warm and feminine I'm guessing from the brand name that Carolina Herrera is of Spanish, Hispanic or south American Spanish speaking country origins which would explain the heat in the scent.

I'm not someone who buys perfumes on a regular basis a few years ago as soon as a scent was running out I'd purchase a new one but the past few years I don't really wear a scent everyday although I'm not sure why because it actually makes me feel good when I inhale deep breaths with a warm aroma.

The reason I wouldn't repurchase this is because I actually prefer a slightly more masculine scent and I started using scented body lotions as opposed to colognes and perfumes because the smell isn't quite so strong and you can use them all over your body as well as under your arms as deodorant and if you use perfume after shaving the alcohol really stings and can bring you out in a rash.also" my hands have dramatically changed since I first used this product and now it just wont look very nice in my hands so I try choosing products when I look at them that doesn't make my hands look ugly.sometimes I wonder if they design products because they can say the product design and colours is more beautiful than the person whose being used to use them.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by xrayer

This is probably the sweetest fragrance in my collection. I love the initial sweet notes but I love the dry down even more, it's warm, cozy and perfect for winter days. My husband loves it also which is an added bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by parare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my night-out signature fragrance. I get a lot of compliments when wearing it, mostly from men.
I really think it's too sexy and overpowering for work or daily use, but the perfect perfume for dates and parties.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

There is a note in this perfume I really don't like, it reminds me of Tom Ford Black Orchid which I'm afraid I have a very low tolerance for these days (people have a tendency to douse themselves in it and I could cry, on the right woman it smells nice but woah...) I didn't find it sexy myself but for those that love Black Orchid I can see that this is a more wearable light version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On me this smelled very similar to Dior's Miss Dior Cherie. It is a tad less sweet, and indeed a tad more sexy (Miss Dior Cherie being only about caramelized popcorn & candy). I really enjoyed this for the first half hour...then it disappeared completely. It has no lasting-power :-(. I can't justify buying something I'd have to reapply every hour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful,sexi fragrance,soft,not overhelming,and what I like the mot is the powdery and musky smell,like baby powder with hint of vanilla.This combination is so relaxing to me.Yes,I will buy again and again.This is one of my 10 top fragrances.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really don't know what is "sexy" about it! It dissepears in two or three minutes. It also reminds me of artificial fragrances of 80's. TG, I only bought the smallest one during the discounts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A must have!! Its really sexy n beautiful. Warm vanilla mix with cotton candy, n slightly rose in it! And the lasting power is very well. I didnt find its synthetic or anything bad. I got ton of compliments anytime I wear this. Some say they cant resist of sniffing me...lol The package is unique n pretty too, I can separate a hafl to pick with me when I go travelling, thats a plus! SEXY is a name worth its quality n this one is better so far with some perfumes named Sexy as Victoria's secret which are just cheap n horrible!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No