Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer

3.7

Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Ozokerite, Pvp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cucumber Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

The only amazing thing about this concealer is the price. I paid $28 for .2 oz.. yes, point 2 ounces for an oily ineffective concealer that doesn't last worth a darn.
Excellent color selection.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this concealer (the whole amazing face kit in fact) during the last VIB sale at Sephora, along with the NARS creamy concealer, the LancĂ´me Effacernes waterproof, and the MUFE HD concealer. I was in search of a new concealer as I was not completely satisfied with the MUFE HD I was using, and I read great reviews on MUA for the others.

Sadly, this was not the new HG concealer I was hoping. It's SO sticky!! Yes, it's really opaque and it covers everything, but it's thick, sticky and again... soo sticky! I tried setting it with the powder, setting it with HD powder, setting it with a spray, under or over foundation... and my lashes still stick to it and it doesn't look natural, at all. This will be going back to Sephora.

This concealer is really powerful. I have horrible dark circles and this stuff definitely helps. BUT it's really thick. If I look close up at my self after applying I can totally see it in all my Nocks and Crannies. I'm not sure if I would repurchase because of the price so I put a yes for now.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This concealer is really concentrated and opaque. You only need a pea size to cover both under eyes. Is so concentrated but the feeling is not too heavy, so it doesn t feel cakey. The finish is natural if you don t put too much. But...

The downsides are : it does crease (due to the emollient/moisturizing texture) even when set with a finishing powder. I prefer concealer with a matte finish (like Pro longwear), which as a more natural touch feeling and look more natural. This one is really sticky (similar texture as Laura MErcier high coverage concealer)!

Also what annoys me is the fact that it creates wrinkles I don t even have. So make you look less fresh, older.

Also, this product is really EXPENSIVE!! But, as you need so little, even the small tube can last a long time.

Color range : the shade range is larger is USA than in Europe! Not great for me as my perfect shade (dark tan) is not available here in Europe. Dark tan is really similar to mac studio finish in NW35 (AC is a tad bit lighter). The undertones are really orangey/apricot (the description is : Suntan to dark medium with golden and apricot undertones: http://www.amazingcosmetics.com/blogs/shades-concealer?page=2#)
But I need pinky/orangy concealer to conceal my dirk circles (blue/purple). Something really yellow like NC42 with turn up ashy on me (however I'm NC43 for reference). I ll have to use an orange or pink corrector underneath this kind of beige/yellowy concealer.

Update 09/30 : I ve received it in Caramel and Tan Golden. Caramel is really similar to Dark Tan, it s not darker but more on the pink side. It conceal almost as well as dark tan, but I slightly prefer dark tan, it conceal better as there is some orange in it and is more natural on me.

Tan Golden is really lighter than what I expected, similar to an NC40-42 in Mac concealer. And as I have really dark/blue circles, I can t use too light concealer, it turns ashy. But used with Nyx orange corrector underneath I works perfectly well. It highlight my face beautifully and it s not ashy anymore. The undertones are neutral, nor yellow, nor pink.

I hate giving this a three lippie rating, since this product really has a lot going for it. The coverage is fantastic, it's very pigmented, and the color match was really nice for me, which is rare. As a concealer, this settles into the lines under my eyes (and I promise they're really not that bad; this actually emphasizes them), and it's a kind of tacky-sticky finish that makes it really hard to set. Anything that goes on top disrupts the way this product is sitting, and yet it must be set or else it will slip and slide. It didn't hold up well throughout the day.

I actually purchased this to try to use as a foundation, since I have such a hard time finding a good color match, and Amazing Cosmetics did not offer the same color as a foundation. I sheered it out with a damp beauty blender, I mixed it with lotion, I mixed it with primer, I mixed it with other foundation... Couldn't make it work. I know it's not meant to be used this way, but I think it speaks to how difficult of a product this is to work with. Remember, it also did not work as a more "traditional" concealer for me. When I tried to use it as a foundation, it would get patchy throughout the day, no matter what I mixed it with or what I set it with.

The reason I didn't give this a 0 or 1 lippie is because I see potential for this working for somebody with different needs. If you need something very pigmented and you don't need it to set (maybe this is for a photo shoot, or a special event where you won't be wearing sunglasses, will only be wearing it for a couple of hours, etc...) this product may work beautifully. If I couldn't get this to set well on my dry skin, I can't anticipate it working well for people with oily skin, but who knows, maybe a different skin type/ body chemistry would have better luck with this than I did. Pretty expensive for such a difficult product, though.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The best concealer I ever used!!! <3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I would NEVER, ever of my own accord buy such an expensive product on a whim or even on an online review- it's not my style... but my stepmom had this and I tried it out one day and it is the only concealer I have ever found that covers my dark circles. I have very naturally pale skin and genetically intractable dark circles under my eyes every day- this covers them immediately, completely and stays on all day without irritating my sensitive eyes. It really is expensive, but hyper-pigmented and waterproof, so a tiny tiny bit of product covers everything and stays on all day. I have it in 'Fair" because of aforementioned transparent skin lol.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Inconsistent. One time I purchased it and it was completely runny and oily. Another time it was completely dry.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I needed a concealer that can hide my horrible dark circles and eyebags. So far, I've only used drugstore ones like Maybelline and La Pro Girl Concealer. None worked. I thought maybe it's time to invest in a better concealer.

I have dry undereyes so I needed a concealer that is hydrating and doesn't highlight the dry patches or sinks into fine lines. From the reviews I read, Tarte Maracuja Concealer seems promising so I went to Sephora to try. I applied Tarte underneath my left eye and decided to look around for another concealer to compare. That's when I came across Amazing Cosmetics Concealer. My 1st reaction was, wow they must have some balls to claim they are the world's best concealer.. LOL. So I applied Amazing Concealer in Medium Beige underneath my right eye area just to compare against Tarte on the left. And I was SO amazed at how Amazing Concealer made my dark circles and eyebags magically disappear while the Tarte one was sitting like an oily patch. The Amazing Concealer was creamy and opaque and didn't enhance any lines or dryness. That was it! I had to get Amazing Concealer!

Then only after purchasing, I discovered it is long-lasting (about 7 hours wear before needing to touch up) and waterproof which is very important because I sweat a lot on my undereyes. And also, I can barely feel a thing, unlike MAC concealer which a friend said felt tight under her eyes, The only drawback was the price. But if it's THIS good I don't mind repurchasing the bigger tube even!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best concealer that I have ever used. All these decades, I have been searching high & low for the right concealer for my dark circle. To the extend I almost give up in searching. Till lately 1 month ago, I went to Sephora and I saw this miracle concealer named AmazingCosmetics concealer. I have medium toned skin color but instead of choosing medium color concealer, I had decided to choose darker which is Dark Tan. And it works magically under my eyes. I spent an hour in that section; keep trying which concealer color suit me. And I have learned, for dark circle, you must get darker concealer NOT based on your face skin color. Because dark circle is darker than your any other face skin. Thus, it is extremely important to get darker tone. If you get lighter color for your dark circle, it will turn out bright under your dark circle which will look very ugly. Because bright color will enhance that area which you do not want to enhance it instead wants to conceal / hide it. I really hope the readers will benefit from my advice. It works magically and I am so happy. And everyone says I look good and they can't tell that I have dark circle.... :)