Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer

3.7

Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Ozokerite, Pvp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cucumber Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492).

on 8/10/2015 7:21:00 PM

I hate giving this a three lippie rating, since this product really has a lot going for it. The coverage is fantastic, it's very pigmented, and the color match was really nice for me, which is rare. As a concealer, this settles into the lines under my eyes (and I promise they're really not that bad; this actually emphasizes them), and it's a kind of tacky-sticky finish that makes it really hard to set. Anything that goes on top disrupts the way this product is sitting, and yet it must be set or else it will slip and slide. It didn't hold up well throughout the day.

I actually purchased this to try to use as a foundation, since I have such a hard time finding a good color match, and Amazing Cosmetics did not offer the same color as a foundation. I sheered it out with a damp beauty blender, I mixed it with lotion, I mixed it with primer, I mixed it with other foundation... Couldn't make it work. I know it's not meant to be used this way, but I think it speaks to how difficult of a product this is to work with. Remember, it also did not work as a more "traditional" concealer for me. When I tried to use it as a foundation, it would get patchy throughout the day, no matter what I mixed it with or what I set it with.

The reason I didn't give this a 0 or 1 lippie is because I see potential for this working for somebody with different needs. If you need something very pigmented and you don't need it to set (maybe this is for a photo shoot, or a special event where you won't be wearing sunglasses, will only be wearing it for a couple of hours, etc...) this product may work beautifully. If I couldn't get this to set well on my dry skin, I can't anticipate it working well for people with oily skin, but who knows, maybe a different skin type/ body chemistry would have better luck with this than I did. Pretty expensive for such a difficult product, though.

on 7/26/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The best concealer I ever used!!! <3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I would NEVER, ever of my own accord buy such an expensive product on a whim or even on an online review- it's not my style... but my stepmom had this and I tried it out one day and it is the only concealer I have ever found that covers my dark circles. I have very naturally pale skin and genetically intractable dark circles under my eyes every day- this covers them immediately, completely and stays on all day without irritating my sensitive eyes. It really is expensive, but hyper-pigmented and waterproof, so a tiny tiny bit of product covers everything and stays on all day. I have it in 'Fair" because of aforementioned transparent skin lol.

on 6/20/2015 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Inconsistent. One time I purchased it and it was completely runny and oily. Another time it was completely dry.

on 6/3/2015 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I needed a concealer that can hide my horrible dark circles and eyebags. So far, I've only used drugstore ones like Maybelline and La Pro Girl Concealer. None worked. I thought maybe it's time to invest in a better concealer.

I have dry undereyes so I needed a concealer that is hydrating and doesn't highlight the dry patches or sinks into fine lines. From the reviews I read, Tarte Maracuja Concealer seems promising so I went to Sephora to try. I applied Tarte underneath my left eye and decided to look around for another concealer to compare. That's when I came across Amazing Cosmetics Concealer. My 1st reaction was, wow they must have some balls to claim they are the world's best concealer.. LOL. So I applied Amazing Concealer in Medium Beige underneath my right eye area just to compare against Tarte on the left. And I was SO amazed at how Amazing Concealer made my dark circles and eyebags magically disappear while the Tarte one was sitting like an oily patch. The Amazing Concealer was creamy and opaque and didn't enhance any lines or dryness. That was it! I had to get Amazing Concealer!

Then only after purchasing, I discovered it is long-lasting (about 7 hours wear before needing to touch up) and waterproof which is very important because I sweat a lot on my undereyes. And also, I can barely feel a thing, unlike MAC concealer which a friend said felt tight under her eyes, The only drawback was the price. But if it's THIS good I don't mind repurchasing the bigger tube even!

on 6/2/2015 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best concealer that I have ever used. All these decades, I have been searching high & low for the right concealer for my dark circle. To the extend I almost give up in searching. Till lately 1 month ago, I went to Sephora and I saw this miracle concealer named AmazingCosmetics concealer. I have medium toned skin color but instead of choosing medium color concealer, I had decided to choose darker which is Dark Tan. And it works magically under my eyes. I spent an hour in that section; keep trying which concealer color suit me. And I have learned, for dark circle, you must get darker concealer NOT based on your face skin color. Because dark circle is darker than your any other face skin. Thus, it is extremely important to get darker tone. If you get lighter color for your dark circle, it will turn out bright under your dark circle which will look very ugly. Because bright color will enhance that area which you do not want to enhance it instead wants to conceal / hide it. I really hope the readers will benefit from my advice. It works magically and I am so happy. And everyone says I look good and they can't tell that I have dark circle.... :)

on 5/20/2015 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This concealer cakes like crazy. I didn't even get out the door before it was a complete mess! Yes, it does conceal, but who wants a product that amplifies every line and wrinkle because it has settled into every little crevice? Yuck! And it totally makes my eyes water. It must have a high concentration of talc in it, which is the only makeup ingredient I'm allergic to. I didn't like this at all. And btw, it's not waterproof. When my eyes were watering up a storm, it slid right off. An epic FAIL!

on 5/19/2015 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Bought this to use as a base for my highlight areas when I contour. I did a lot of research before purchasing because I wanted something highly pigmented with a creamy finish to give a flawless base.
In the end it was between this and Kevyn Aucoin- the sensual skin enhancer (only available online in the UK as far as I'm aware). What tipped it for me was the fact that you can buy the Amazing concealer in Marks ní Spencers so you can try it first.

I swatched the first 3 shades and went with the lightest- 'fair' because its bright and neutral toned, the next two were quite Ďfleshí coloured so not good for contouring, but great as a normal concealer. The consistency is like a thick liquid foundation and it is full coverage so you donít need much, because of the high level of pigment it can be a bit drying so Iíd recommend using an intense moisturiser first, but defo keep it away from any very dry skin areas like dermatitis.

Iíve noticed a lot of reviews saying this is really expensive, but at £19.50 for 6mls itís pretty much on par with its competitors- from Smashbox High definition liquid concealer at £17.50 for 8mls to Diorskin star concealer at £22 for 6mls- itís about average, just to put it into context and this covers blemishes perfectly, so it is worth the money.

*TIP use veeeery sparingly- just a tiny amount and build up if need be, otherwise youíll look like youíve got a mask on and waste all your product. Also have a look at some demoís on YouTube to see how it covers acne- really impressive.
Xx

on 4/9/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have to repurchase once I use up all the lesser concealers I have on deck. Good stuff. Wonderful for eczema.

on 3/21/2015 8:34:00 PM

I have deep and dark under eye circles that most concealers won't touch. This works best for me when a silicone primer is used (amazing or bare minerals prime time) and a brush is used to apply. It's expensive, but you use so little the price evens out.