April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Concealers - Amazing Cosmetics - Amazing Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by m0lliee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have dark circles and redness on my eyelids. This concealer works great for my eyelids but not so much for my circles. The consistency is creamy and blends easily. I've had the small size tube since August and it will probably last me another 4-6 months since you really do not need to use very much product. I like to use Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer over this concealer for better coverage under my eyes. I will buy this again unless I find a better product for covering redness/broken capillaries.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Deejxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't express how much of my hard earned money goes to buying concealers. For me, a concealer is the one beauty product I cannot walk out of the door without. I'v tried top of the line concealers such as Chanel, Estée Lauder to more affordable lines such as Smashbox and Makeup Forever. All of them have somewhat done the job but not as well as this Amazing concealer. This absolutely covers dark circles AND bags!! it's creamy and doesn't dry out. I love it! Two disadvantages are: I have yellow under tones and the concealer in "honey" is perfect but has too much pink undertones in it so I have to mix it with another concealer since there is no concealer in this line that matches my skin more than the "Honey" shade. And lastly, it causes waay to many creases underneath the eye. MAKE sure to use an eye primer. And for these two drawbacks, I've got to rate this a 4 instead of a 5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by denns

This is an absolutely fabulous undereye concealer - except for the fact that irritated my undereye area, making it all red, puffy and itchy for about two days. I was a bit shocked, only because I've never experienced that from a concealer before. I only took off one lippie because it didn't work for me, but I'd imagine it would work across a variety of skin tones. Since quite a tacky/creamy consistency (petrolatum and lanolin based), those with more oily skin or normal under eyes might need to set with powder. It didn't draw attention to any lines or settle into creases (full disclosure - I am only 23) and it seemed to last quite awhile on the skin near my cheek as well.

For those that are sensitive or clog-prone, it does have a few fatty alcohols and and cucumber extract in there which may have caused my irritation. Bummer because this stuff looked beautiful on!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by mairsbeautytips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING Concealer -Light Golden color: I've been using this concealer for many years and covet the coverage and texture of this AMAZING Concealer. Now, for being a mature woman I do have dark circles to contend with. But, this product performs! It truly lightens and covers dark circles, under eye pigmentations, and moisturizes the area. A little bit of this product goes a very long way. Which is the very reason I spend $40.00 for .5 fluid ounces - it is worth it! I warm up the product before I place it on my concealer brush. I place a tad on my palm and use the pad on my right Ring finger and use a circular motion to warm it up and, then use my brush to apply gingerly. Dab it on carefully and blend it in with your brush using gentle strokes and using the pad on your right ring finger to blend if needed. That is the key to this concealer/correcteur. Use it on a pimple or a facial skin blemish, and its going to conceal it! It has an 8 hour staying power - you may have to touch up during the day - by gently patting underneath your eyes.
Hope this review has been helpful!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by AMBERROSE2885

Love this product. I have fair to medium skin and depending on sun exposure, I'll mix a less expensive concealer into this one and customize a color that covers and blends perfectly. This is probably my 5th tube and counting.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't recommend this product to most people, especially those with dry skin. I find that it does give fairly good coverage (medium to full) however you do not get much for your money and I do find that this concealer creases and clings on to any dry skin you may have.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to cover under eye circles/discoloration. Granted, I don't have terribly dark, noticeable circles - they're really only apparent if I've not gotten enough sleep. On one such sleep-deprived occasion I went to Ulta and one of the reps quickly suggested this product. Thankfully they had two sizes to choose from, so I went with the smaller one, referred to as the "To Go" size, which is still quite pricey at $28 for 0.2 oz. No matter - undeterred and in need of something that would transform me into looking rested and refreshed, I took her advice and bought it.

Fast forward to the following week when I applied it under my eyes. It was SO thick, and then it had the nerve to crease. My undereye area looked worse. I may as well have hung a neon sign above my head that flashed, "Dark circles. Dark circles." Still, not wanting to believe a product that is so well-received was doing me dirty, I didn't toss it out. On the next occasion I had to use it, my prior awful experience still fresh in my mind, I used a lighter hand. I blended, blended, blended (although I'm pretty darn sure I did this the first time as well - I'm not a makeup newbie, after all). I stood back a bit from the mirror (since no one, thankfully, is as close to my face as I am when looking in the mirror while 'painting my face,' as my DH so lovingly refers to it. But I digress . . . .)

The result: heavy, cakey, OBVIOUS concealer usage. The shade I was given is correct, I'm sure of that. My application technique, while not 'professional,' is not to blame. It's this product. I'm glad others have found "the one" in the realm of concealers, but for me, unfortunately, the search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by 161934

On my 3rd tube of this concealer. I love it! Used to use the MAC concealer prior to this and find this one more thick and provides heavy coverage. Only complaint is that it oozes out and wastes product so you have to be veryyy careful when squeezing the tube. Did not break me out and covers my hyper pigmented post acne scars 100%. A little pricy but worth it. Don't recommend using it as undereye concealer because it will crease.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by pinkcharms

I bought this concealer a couple of years ago and does not find myself reaching for it very often at all. The coverage is very good, however the consistency is thick and greasy. The staying power is below average, disappears in just a few hours. However the one thing that i hate most about it is the smell - it smells like paint and the scent lingers. I can never wear it on a date. Coupled with the hefty price i wouldn't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ChineseCricket88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this for acne scars, and it covers sufficiently but not completely. It's also pretty expensive. I don't like to keep this on for more than 8-10 hours, as I think it contributes to some acne. The packaging isn't horrible, but the cap does get messy.