August 28, 2014 | 1109 users online

Styling Products - Suave - Suave Volumizing Maximum Hold Mousse

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by BeautyGuru14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mousse its very affordable and works really good, I am pretty sure it's alcohol free but not 100% sure. Most mousse will make hair feel sticky and hard but this doesn't do that. It makes my hair more wavy, it gives volume too but I have pretty thick hair so I don't use it on my roots only ends to get more waves. I do recommend this product it smells nice and works good and affordable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I hated this the first time I used it. Then a week later I tried it again and it was great. It feels so much nicer than the Pantene mousse, so much thicker and creamier. I kept all factors the same in my routine, but added a little of this in the crown, combed through and then put some in my hands and scrunched up with it. I had really nice curl clumping, not too dry feeling at all like it did with Pantene (not much crunch either). The volume and curl lasted all day. And the morning after my hair feels soft and normal. Not straw like with that, "was it worth it?" feeling I get after using some products (dry,straw like hair the next morning). Now I don't know if this is the end all, be all.

UPDATE: Ugh! Had to drop this down...for the one good day I get, there are 7 bad days. It also gave me that one great day, but ever since the curls are stringy like the first time I ued it. Grrr

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product! I needed a mousse that defined my curls and gave my hair added volume... this is it!
I put it in after I washed my hair, when it was still wet, and let it dry naturally. I loved the result! My hair looked a lot fuller. And the next day (I only wash my hair every other day), my hair was incredibly soft and fluffy and still had lots of volume! I am impressed.
The smell is sort of like a light perfume- fresh and not at all overpowering. A perfect scent to put on clean hair. The consistency is thick and creamy, which I like. I don't like mousses that are too watery or sticky, like a few I've tried.
All in all, I love this mousse. I would definitely recommend and repurchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by brezin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The smell of this mousse is enough for anyone to fall in love. I have very thick hair and it doesn't weigh it down. I apply it right around my crown and then blow dry. It gives me maximum body that lasts all day. This is very cheap and lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mousse is dirt cheap and works fine for my thick wavy hair. I find that it doesn't weigh it down and it still gives me great volume. I use this mousse mainly because I don't normally use styling products, but when I do, this does the trick without costing much at all. Overall, this is pretty basic, but it works fine for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by YCR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mousse FOR YEARS and this is the best mousse EVER, why? Because I've tried a lot of other brands specifically for my thin curly hair and they always leave my hair feeling stiff and crunchy, that's not the case with this one. This mousse is the only one I've found that leaves my hair feeling ridiculously soft and manageable, I owe my hair compliments to this mousse! I hope it stays on the market forever because I wouldn't know what to do otherwise... Yes, it is THAT good to me. Oh, and it's ridiculously inexpensive and that's never a bad thing!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd been on the lookout for a volumizing mousse with hold, but given my past experiences with mousse (hello, sticky mess!), expectations were low. After reading the reviews on MUA, I went in search of the Suave Professionals volumizing mousse. But since none of the stores near me carry the Professionals mousse, I picked up the standard volumizing max hold mousse.
This mousse is amazing! Lightweight, and unbelievably not sticky. Strong smells are usually my primary complaint about hair products - this one has barely any smell. It provides nice definition for my wavy hair, and some volume at the roots. If you are looking for big 80's hair, this might not be your HG product - but for hair that just needs a little help to prevent it going flat in the afternoon, this is fantastic. And wonder of wonders, it doesn't create buildup! I've woken up late for work with second day hair, and for lack of better ideas, applied a palmful of this stuff on dry hair - results are as shiny and good as newly washed hair! If I tried that with any other mousse my hair would have been a tangled sticky disaster.
Best 2 bucks I've spent on beauty in a LONG time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mousse worked as well as the salon brands I've tried. It provides lift and has a soft-sweet fragrance that is not cloying (much better than Suave's shower gels!). A little goes a long way or my hair gets crunchy. Another good reason to use it sparingly is that it contains both silicones & alcohols which can dry out the hair. I've been using it for a few months and have not noticed any adverse effects on my hair's texture. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I bought it based on the reviews....It smells good and makes my hair shiny but no volume at all. Threw it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by mangolassi00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is the best volumizing product i've tried, and i've tried a lot!
everything else i've tried made my hair feel gross in some way or another. this feels so natural-you can't feel it in your hair. it doesn't work miracles (though i have yet to experiment with using different amounts) but it gives my hair a nice lift with bounce and texture. even when i through it up in a bun for the gym it looks great. i love this stuff!