October 24, 2014 | 817 users online

Hair - Kerastase - Expanseur Volumeactive volumizer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by SerenaMariee

This is the worst product ive ever put on my hair!
My friend recomended to buy it saying its very good, i was so excited to use this product! So when i got home i did exactly what it said on the tub and when i rinsed it off i was EXTREMELY disappointed!

It made my hair feel so hard, there was no volume at all and it did not make my hair soft, smooth or shiny!! It left a sort of residue on my hair, it was horrible, what a waste of 25! i never trusted my friends hair advice ever after that!

Maybe it just didnt work on my hair being blonde and my hair being quite thin.

I wouldnt recommend to buy this this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

This "Volumactive Expanseur" by Kerastase is absolutely wonderful.

Expanseur provides: gleaming, shiny hair....bounce.....softness.....lots of volume....swingy....smooths the cuticle or shaft...hair looks like you just stepped out the the Hair Salon.

Today , out of habit, I put in "Instantrepair" by Pureology, which is my most favorite leave-in conditioner. However, tomorrow I will eliminate that step and use Kerastase by itself and see if my hair behaves! Although the product is pricey, it could eliminate 1 or 2 other products.

The downside is that it is a 4 ounce bottle! It is 1/2 the size of my favorite Bumble Thickening Spray! But good things come in small pkgs! I'll be confident now to experiment with more Kerastase products!

Try it! You'll love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 8:20:00 AM More reviews by naturalchic07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love to have nice bouncy volume in my hair so bought this as a dual-purpose leave-in conditioner spray and volumizer. It certainly conditions and helps detangle. It doesn't add amazing volume or anything, but certainly helps stop my hair from being too flat. My hair always feels really well nourished when I use this, often in place of a proper in-shower conditioner. This is great, as most days I don't have time to use a conditioner in the shower. The one thing about it is that it doesn't seem to last very long. The level of product that you see from the outside of the spray bottle actually seems to visibly go down after each use, which can't be good! lol. But all in all, it's a good product which I will repurchase because it works for my hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by lachicabonita1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great stuff. this really does what it promises, no ifs no buts. i think all the positive reviews here pretty much speak for themselves.
the price tag is a little hefty and yes there are many many other similar cheaper products out there, but none have worked for me as well as this does. at the end of the day, its kerastase. and youve gotta give it to them guys, who formulate it.
if you are sick of limp, fine hair, which has no body at all, this is the product for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wow this stuff is amazing!!! my hair is in LOVE with kerastase and this spray gel really makes it thick and bouncy :) as opposed to a volumizer this is actually more of a thickner. I love the scent too!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 1:34:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this, but was very disappointed. Most of the reviewers who love this have THICK, fine hair. I have THIN, fine hair and while it does add *some* volume, it's certainly not extraordinary by any means. It does leave your hair super soft & touchable, but I guess that's not surprising, since it's not adding much in the first place. For what it's worth, I am much more impressed with Kerastase Mousse Nutri-Sculpt. For me, it provides more volume - again, it's not phenomenal, but it's better than what I get with Expanseur.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2006 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best volumizer I've ever used! I have very fine hair but a ton of it. I have to be careful because some products will weigh my hair down and make it greasy and flat and others will dry it out and make it fly away and flat. I love volume and that is what this product delivers. My hair looks perfectly conditioned and has tons of body and bounce.
I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by cnathan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is one of the best kerastase' hair care products i've ever used.
it really gives my fine hair enough volume with a natural hold. the light apple-like smell makes it even more wonderful. i can use it without blowdrying my hair, and the look lasts all day.definitely gonna buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2006 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lanae87

I was undecided about trying this b/c Kerastase products are usually hit or miss for me - expensive misses at that! However, I don't mind paying more for a product that works, rather than throwing money away on a series of cheaper products that don't work. That being said, this is a great volumizing product. I have difficult hair - fine but alot of it, dry, naturally curly and frizz-prone (I straighten daily). I need something that will give my fine hair volume, but not dry it out further and I also need frizz-control. After rinsing out my normal conditioner, I sprayed this on rather generously, concentrating at the roots. Then I blew my hair dry with a round brush and smoothed out the top layer w/my CHI flat iron. The result was a bouncy, smooth blowout with tons of shine and volume. I am resoundingly impressed, and will shell out the money for this again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by JanC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was on the fence about buying Expanseur for several weeks and finally bought it. Thank goodness for that....I love this product so much! I have alot of very fine hair and Expanseur adds a ton of volume and shine. This is an amazing product - probably the most impressive hair product that I've tried. It's expensive but the results are soooo worth it. I will repurchase Expanseur again and again. This product is just the bomb!