November 27, 2014 | 993 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - heavy metal glitter liner (in general)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by MegGirl1205

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this eyeliner. It sparkles beautifully and lasts all day. Highly recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I bought 3 of these a while back and they were such a waste of money. I generally like Urban Decay products and I thought these would be really fun to try out, but I found these very difficult to work with.
I bought Air Guitar (turquoise-y blue), Catfight (bright pink), and Metal Head (medium bright purple). The colors looked great in the tube, but it wasn't until I got them home and tried them out that I realized these are a clear base with colored glitter, not a colored base with added glitter. That was my fault, but I figured they would still work well.
Nope. The brush is very thin and flimsy and does not pick up enough product. The product it does pick up is not evenly distributed on the brush, so when you swipe it on your eye it's very patchy. If I try to immediately add another layer of liner to even out the patchiness, it just spreads the glitter around because the liner is still too wet. Basically, I have to apply one patchy coat, wait 5+ minutes for it to completely dry, apply another coat, wait for that to dry, etc. until the glitter is in an even line. This generally takes 3-6 coats, which is way more than I have time for. Also, since the base is clear, these are never really completely opaque. I have to layer these over either a white eyeliner or a liner in a similar color. Alone or even over shadow, these just look a little funny.
These take forever to dry out, which is good if you like them, but once they get old they get an awful fishy smell. I guess that's not so bad since you know when to toss them, but it kinda grossed me out the first time I noticed it.
I would definitely skip these. I'll admit I often get compliments when I wear these, but they're just way too annoying to work with and definitely not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by ceexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In love! I noticed some reviewers mentioned they don't like how 'thin' it turns out but I think that's the best part of it - sometimes you don't want a thick layer of glitter and the fact that it goes on thin really allows me to control how much I want. I bought the silver one, don't remember the name though.

During the day, some sparkles here and there across your eyelid can brighten up your eyes and at night, laying it on thick makes you look so glamorous!

Goes well with any eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love my UD glitter liners. of all the brands of glitter liners I've tried at sephora (I work there) UD's my all time favourite. they are extremely shiny and are great for adding a nice pop to any eyeshadow you're wearing. every time I wear it to work I get lots of questions about what I'm wearing on my eyes and ppl always ask about the glitter. I have it in the purple and navy blue (forgot the exact names).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by SilverGal

Lovely glitter that is easy to use and go over the lid smoothly. It has the right amount of glitters, not too much. If you want a more dramatic look, you can pile more layers.
I like the glitter as it is long lasting and it doesn't hurt contact len wearer like me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Akashka

I got this item though a swap to try it, in distortion.
I must say I am very desapointed. Let me explain why :
I was desperate to find glitter liners. I decided to give a shot to a close drugstore for cheap make up that might have them and bought a black on and a clear multicolored one just like the one from UD - each were 3$. When I got home i had the package so I decided to go on for comparison of the two.
I drew a line on the back of my hand with eah of them and went on with my day.
UD had lass glitter into it, the line was the same otherwise the same applicator was used by both brands. All the glitter was pretty much gone by the end of the day too when the drug store brand had not moved on bit so the hold seems questionable to me too.
Winner is drug store !!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by NOREEN_CHAN

I like the colour selection of these liners and the applicator is easy to use. But there isn't a lot of gltter with each swipe of the brush. I have to put on 3 layers before I get a noticeable amount of glitter. And I find the glitter doesn't stay put. It falls into my eyes and burns! This is especially bad because I wear contacts also. Maybe it doesn't stay put because I put on three coats in order to get the right amount of glitter. With the MAC glitter liners I also put on three coats and never had a problem with the glitter falling off and burning my eyes. I won't be repurchasing the heavy metal glitter liners. Which is too bad because the price is good and so is the colour selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have these in almost every color, and they are great! I like Spandex (black w/iridescent glitter) brushed lightly over my eyelashes after putting on mascara, it makes your eyes sparkle - literally! lol
My 2 gripes are that I wish the glitter pieces were smaller, and the price is ridiculous. The brush is perfect for this though, and it really is enough to last quite a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by grapehyacinth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not for me too sparkly

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lovemdlove

I bought this product in StageDive. I love this, It has a good amount of glitter in it and the texture lines onto your eye really well. I love how vibrant the colors are and how they make your eyes pop when you match it with well colored eye shadows