MAC Matte - Honeylove

4.1

on 7/21/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a neutral beigey browny nude on my NC30 skin. It's probably the lightest I would go, since it's very pigmented although it shouldn't make you look like death if your lighter than NC35. NC40-45 may get away with it with a gloss or liner. Overall, it's a great lipstick to wear with smokey eyes.

on 6/30/2015 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Pretty nude especially if paired with Mac Richer Lusher cremesheen lipglass. Try it.

on 6/12/2015 4:46:00 PM

This was one of my first MAC lipsticks and I still love it, its the perfect darker nude for me especially with a lipliner like MAC's Stripdown or Whirl. Even though its a matte formula, it's very creamy and doesn't drag on the lips. The bad thing with this lipstick is that I find it forms that gross white rim around the inside of my lips just a little while after applying it, so I find that I keep having to re apply throughout the day otherwise I have the weird white ring of death, gross.

on 5/17/2015 1:50:00 PM

I researched this lipstick online for so long before finally deciding to buy it. Online it looked like the perfect nude but it's got strong brown undertones which you either love or hate. It looks okay by itself on my pale complexion but I tone it down by putting Myth in the centre of my lips. Great matte finish and really long lasting. Lasts about six hours, all MAC matte lipsticks have incredible staying power.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

I was so excited to get this lipstick in the mail. I was so sure it would look good on me, and seeing it on other people my complexion had my mind set. I begin to apply it, and it goes on silky! The texture is wonderful, it feels great on my lips. In a way, moisturizing! I wish M.A.C would specify what nude lipsticks go with skin tones because this is IDENTICAL to my skin tone. It made me look dead, or cold in other words. I really love this lipstick, just wish it was the shade for me. If anyone knows good lip liners to pair this with, let me know..

on 5/9/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this lipstick, I saw it on a few YouTube tutorials paired with MAC Whirl on people with a similar complexion to mine and the swatches I'd looked at made it look like a matter nude pale peach.

To be honest, this color made me look a little dead.

I really had to play around with it, pair it with other lip liners, and ultimately I use it as a base for some of my favorite sheer lipsticks and glosses. I will try other colors however by MAC close to this shade, there was nothing wrong with the product, it just washed out my particular complexion.

on 4/20/2015 1:05:00 PM

My favorite nude lipstick, this is perfect for ivory skin tones. I love it!

I'd been wanting to purchase the MAC velvet teddy, but it's always out of stock.
After researching & finally deciding on honeylove, I'm not disappointed!
I have fair, cool toned skin & I get spray tans every week.
I love this lipstick on its own or I use the MAC soar lip liner for a deeper, slightly mauve colour.
It's a matte lipstick but I don't find it drying at all, staying power is pretty good also.
I think this lipstick is well worth the money & it's becoming my every day, go to shade!

on 1/24/2015 2:11:00 PM

I have an olive skin tone with yellow undertones (NC30) and if used properly, this lipstick will look amazing. The color is beige nude with peach undertones. I find that on it's own, it makes me look a bit sickly but I like to use MAC Boldly Bare lipliner to make this lipstick work. It is truly matte and has barely any transfer. I would recommend exfoliating your lips because this can accentuate fine lines/dry patches/cracks. It is also quite long lasting, but I would not recommend eating with this on. It's not a thick, soul-drying matte like Ruby Woo, it's very bearable to wear on a day to day basis and easy to reapply. I am always looking for a nice nude lipstick and this one is becoming a favorite.

on 1/13/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I honeylove this lipstick!! It is just a perfect neutral which doesn't make me look like a dead body. And as I am the founder of dry lips, I thinks this one doesn't dry my lips at all! You should definitely give this one a try if you're interested. For reference: my skintone is NC25-NC30.

Popular Lipsticks