October 20, 2014 | 1391 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Honeylove

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyismyfavy

I adore this lipstick as it looks so beautiful on especially with a dark purple smokey eye. It nudes out my lips without making my lips look dead. The only con is that its slightly drying but that can be overcome by wearing lipbalm underneath. Overall, i would def buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I really like this shade. This fall, I've been trying to go with deeper nudes since they are my favorite and this is perfect. Paired with Whirl, you've also got that Kylie Jenner lip. This is a matte, so can be a bit drying, so I apply a balm first. This is described as a light beige toned with rose and that's a perfect description. A deeper pinky nude. Would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Rayellaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst. It's pretty for the ten minutes that it stays on

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by ClareyAlexa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this nude lipstick. Suits my cool toned skin. I wear it with Boots no7 nude line and a gloss for evening

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This just might be my favorite nude Lippy. And I have tons, I have just about every matte/satin nude or mauve lipstick from mac, plus other nudes in different finishes. I recently got this and idk how it took me so long to pick it up. It's the perfect shade for me, not too nude and not too brown. It can be a little drying but some Chapstick before applying can fix that. I just absolutely love this lipstick! If you're eyeing it get it, you won't regret it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Honey love just did not suit me. It washed me out, made my teeth appear yellow and honestly I looked ill. Even with smokey eyes I could not pull this off. I have a tan completion and am neutral in tone (green and purple veins). I found the application to be very dry but not pigmented dry like their retro matte collection but patchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

Its ok I ordered this not knowing what to expect but its the same color as my skin tone and its nice but my daughter has cherish which is similar and I prefer cherish so I wouldn't repurchase honeylove but ill use what I have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by susiej

For those of you in the UK this is a bit of an embarrassing admission but I actually bought this lipstick after reading one of the girls on TOWIE uses it.... oh I know. For shame- but I don't care really because in my book- if something looks nice, then it looks nice irrespective of any of the other peripheral factors!

The only other MAC matte lipstick that I own is Ruby Woo so I knew what to expect texture wise. I think the key to wearing pretty much any matte formula on the lips is 1. Preparation. For me this means going to bed with a really emollient balm on. 2. Less is more. The slightly heavier texture means it doesn't really ever dissipate in the way that a more gel formula would so you can be left with ghastly cakey looking lips where it has gathered.

So the colour of Honeylove is a sort of ever so slightly washed out 'brick' shade. It's medium/pale and when combined with the pink of your own lips (depending obviously on your pigmentation) it makes for a slightly warm nude. It's not a MLBB nude though, it definitely looks like you are wearing lipstick. On me it isn't a lipstick that I can wear with a bronzey look or a colourless look- I need a bit of colour on my cheeks to stop it washing me out. Combined with some definition on the eyes and cheeks it can look quite polished and chic. It lasts well. If I smudge it in with my finger, blot, smudge in again, I can get a good four hours out of it.

I'm giving Honeylove a 4 simply because it lacks a bit of versatility. I have to think a bit about what else is going on with my face and I have to make sure that my lips are in peak condition for it- but all that taken into account I consider it a worthwhile buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

This lipstick comes off orange on me. So sad :(. I don't see how people say it's a brown pink colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used almost this entire tube and that NEVER happens with me (total lipstick junkie!!) I wanted a matte nude that wouldn't make me look like a corpse and this is perfect! I wear it literally just about every day and it looks amazing and lasts a realllllly long time on. I pair it with Stripdown lip liner sometimes, but it also looks great on its own. the ONLY drawback is sometimes it can end up looking a little "concealer mouth" but that depends what I'm doing with the rest of my makeup. I would buy this again in a heartbeat.