August 29, 2014 | 1777 users online

Conditioner - Paul Mitchell - the Detangler

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by strawbaryz87

This has been my go-to conditioner since quitting sulfates. I like that it has water soluble cones that don't build up with gentle washing methods. It provides excellent slip, doesn't weigh down my waves, and I like the smell. Most recently I bought the GVP version and it's just as good.

Oh! Just a warning, I accidentally bought a counterfeit version at CVS that smelled like crayons and was just awful, so make sure you buy yours from a salon, or the generic version at Sally's.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kittycatyeah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Awesome conditioner for me! I have thick, chemically straightened hair with roots growing out. Unlike most people, I like sleek, flat straight hair rather than voluminous hair and shy away from products that give my hair any type of volume or lift. This conditioner does the job - my hair is sleeker and shiner and touchably soft. If you have frizzy or curly hair that you want to tame, this conditioner will do the job. As for tangliness, my brush went smoothly through my wet hair, and not a hair came out! This is a heavy conditioner that could weigh thin hair down, so I wouldn't recommend it to people with thin, fine hair.
Great product if you're looking to tame your hair :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by elaina179

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have curly, frizzy, knotty hair and this product detangles and moisturizes better than anything else. Although it doesn't completely detangle it, it makes it bareable enough so i dont feel like ripping out all my hair. It also really brings out my curls!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Mzdede23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is definitely helping me transition to be natural (4a). Helps moisturize the relaxed ends & new curly growth as well. I use it as a leave in, helps my hair from breaking. Only reason i didn't give it a 5 is because of the silicons it has, but that is probably part of the reason for the slip/detangling part.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by deebaby07

Does not detangle that well. After using it I feel like my hair is more difficult to detangle. It is not thick enough for my coarse wavy hair. However, using to much causes greasiness. There is no happy medium with this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This conditioner does what it claims to do - it detangles. However, it's a bit heavy for my fine hair, so a little goes a long way. If you have dry or curly hair, this will probably work fine for you, but I have to be careful and only apply this to my ends, otherwise my hair looks and feels weighed down. This is more or less scentless, so you can pair it with any shampoo and not worry about clashing scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by CoralSunrize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review on Paul Mitchell The Detangler Conditioner.

For 10 years I've been searching for the perfect conditioner with natural extracts to smooth and soothe my frizzy long middle-eastern hair. I finally found one that isn't packed with silicones and actually has carrot and flower extracts to soothe your hair and it's this!
It was $18 at Safeway and was fairly expensive for the amount of product you get, but it's worth it. I also use Body Shop Banana shampoo/conditioner but nothing smooths my hair like this gem, seriously. It NEVER tangles, it never causes hair fall-out when I comb my hair and leaves it silky and healthy!
If you're absolutely sick of searching for a conditioner that will REALLY smooth your hair down without weighing it down please give this a shot. It may be expensive but the amount of money you save not buying a bunch of other products really makes it worth it.
This is my holy grail conditioner and I have tried hundreds of brands, drug-store to salon to LUSH and to Body Shop. Nothing EVER comes close to this amazing little gem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this conditioner! It's a lot thicker than I'd expected (which is always a plus for my thirsty hair) and the scent is soft. I always feel like I use a bunch of it every time but upon examining the bottle I'll realize there's still a lot left, it's that rich. However, I wouldn't recommend using it with Paul Mitchell's shampoos, as they're quite drying and although this is a great detangler it doesn't do the best job at replenishing the lost moisture. I like to use it with my sulfate free shampoos though, so it leaves me with soft, smooth (who the hell can say they have smooth kinky hair after a product?!), detangled tresses. My 4.99 bottle of Tresemme Naturals can detangle just as well if not better, but I don't care, I'll still repurchase this. It's a great quality product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh, this hardly works at all on my hair - it is fine, but I have alot of it and this conditioner leaves it knotty and frizzy. It only works for if I want a big body look, but normal everyday wear it is not good for. Poor quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Jods101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair is pretty healthy and I have alot of it but it's fine and straight so I can't use a conditioner that's too heavy or I'll lose what little bit of body I have. I bought this to go with my PM shampoo and I was really pleasantly surprised by it. It's not like most detanglers/conditioners I've used. It's almost like a lotion. It has a light clean smell to it, nothing overpowering or offensive. It leaves my hair so soft and bouncy and I only need to use about the size of a dime for my long hair. It's very lightweight but it makes my hair easier to comb through and with the dry winter air it also helps make my hair less flyaway too. For me, it conditions my hair without weighing it down and that's what I love about it. This is one I will definitely purchase again. Good stuff.