January 28, 2015 | 1658 users online

Conditioner - Paul Mitchell - the Detangler

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2015 5:07:00 PM More reviews by lilianbee91

Probably the worst conditioner i've ever used. I love the shampoo from this line, so I thought i'd give this a try. I've been trying different conditioners after getting my black hair bleached blonde. This product left my hair tangled, heavy, and I did not the enjoy the smell. Returned it after one use because the results were so bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2015 9:52:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes yes yes and yes this worked for my dry and thick hair!
This was perfectly rich!
This has a nice fragrance that is not too much like the AG conditioners that smell like cotton candy or gum.
When I rinsed my hair it was very conditioned and it was not weighed down.
I would say this is my HG conditioner after Matrix Wonder Oil conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fine hair with a slight wave in the under layer. I so bad wanted to love Paul mitchell products but this just doesn't work for my hair. It has no moisture, does not detangle, and leaves my hair heavy. The only good thing is the smell. Like a piņa colada!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

For my post chemo, ( used for autoimmune disease) unruly, curly, fine textured and frizz prone hair this works wonderfully well. It is neither too heavy or not conditioning enough; it rinses out nicely and my hair is much easier to comb through. There is no heavy scent to it- just a basic no frills conditioner without harsh sulfates to strip color or alter the texture.
Finding the right weight conditioner for my hair type has been difficult, but this seems to fit the bill. The amount of frizz is lessened and my curls feel softer and more defined.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by strawbaryz87

This has been my go-to conditioner since quitting sulfates. I like that it has water soluble cones that don't build up with gentle washing methods. It provides excellent slip, doesn't weigh down my waves, and I like the smell. Most recently I bought the GVP version and it's just as good.

Oh! Just a warning, I accidentally bought a counterfeit version at CVS that smelled like crayons and was just awful, so make sure you buy yours from a salon, or the generic version at Sally's.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kittycatyeah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Awesome conditioner for me! I have thick, chemically straightened hair with roots growing out. Unlike most people, I like sleek, flat straight hair rather than voluminous hair and shy away from products that give my hair any type of volume or lift. This conditioner does the job - my hair is sleeker and shiner and touchably soft. If you have frizzy or curly hair that you want to tame, this conditioner will do the job. As for tangliness, my brush went smoothly through my wet hair, and not a hair came out! This is a heavy conditioner that could weigh thin hair down, so I wouldn't recommend it to people with thin, fine hair.
Great product if you're looking to tame your hair :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by elaina179

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have curly, frizzy, knotty hair and this product detangles and moisturizes better than anything else. Although it doesn't completely detangle it, it makes it bareable enough so i dont feel like ripping out all my hair. It also really brings out my curls!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Mzdede23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is definitely helping me transition to be natural (4a). Helps moisturize the relaxed ends & new curly growth as well. I use it as a leave in, helps my hair from breaking. Only reason i didn't give it a 5 is because of the silicons it has, but that is probably part of the reason for the slip/detangling part.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by deebaby07

Does not detangle that well. After using it I feel like my hair is more difficult to detangle. It is not thick enough for my coarse wavy hair. However, using to much causes greasiness. There is no happy medium with this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This conditioner does what it claims to do - it detangles. However, it's a bit heavy for my fine hair, so a little goes a long way. If you have dry or curly hair, this will probably work fine for you, but I have to be careful and only apply this to my ends, otherwise my hair looks and feels weighed down. This is more or less scentless, so you can pair it with any shampoo and not worry about clashing scents.