August 30, 2014 | 1778 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Patina

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by whenuwakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a beautiful eyeshadow but it blends right into my skin color right now because I am tanned. (Nc35~40, double wear 3w1)
I can't use Era(my go-to shadow during winter) for the same reason. I will retry using this when I lose the tan.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by rcwest

A very pretty colour when combined with others, though it takes a bit of work to show up evenly on the lid. It's not my favourite of the Mac eyeshadows but still beautiful and long lasting as expected with Mac

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by 36CHAMBERSAGAIN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been my favourite eyeshadow for years now. Its a perfect all over the lid wash. Im an NC40 and it shows up fine for me, great pigmentation. What makes patina special is the pink/green duochrome to it. It really makes my brown eyes sparkle. Its so versatile and pairs well with browns, taupes, pinks, purples, greens, ect. I think it can work with any colour. One of my fave combos is patina all over the lid with satin taupe in the outer corner/crease.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by calliethrutchley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this on the lid with a light matte brown in the crease and a dark matte brown on the outer v and blended up into the crease. It's also great as a one shadow look, as well. That being said, I find that it loses it's oomp and needs a white base to show up as it does in the pan. It's beautiful, but due to the price, I do not believe I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by eraleni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite eyeshadows! Patina on the lid, Bronze in the crease and Concrete or Mystery in the outer V.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Got it in Snowglobe Eyeshadow Palette- Warm

It's a medium browned taupe with a bit of metallic frost and is buttery as to be expected from MAC. The pigmentation is medium but buildable.

This is basically a little sister of the infamous Satin Taupe (which I adore to bits) but browner and less dramatic. Doesn't show up much on my skin tone unless I've got a strong base.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so in love with this colour! Years ago, my mum bought me the "Blooming Beauty" palette by Virgin Vie and there was a colour in there called Bullrush. It was the most stunning golden brown that looked beautiful on my eyes. I was really gutted when I used up the last of it as Virgin Vie had stopped trading by then.

I've swatched so many different shades of gold brown eye shadow and none has been close enough. Until I found MAC Patina :)

It's a beautiful, golden shade of brown which makes my eyes look so pretty. Either used with a 217 as a wash or packed on a little denser, it looks stunning. I use a little MAC Mystery in the outer V and into the crease and the two go together really great.

This is a colour I will repurchase time and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by prettygeeky

I love the shade of this e/s in the pan, but on me it loses its vibrance and looks like a boring brown. I'm also not in love with how much I have to pack on to get it to show up. For reference, I use MAC paints as a primer. Will not rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really pretty golden eyeshadow. It is a more muted golden color. I applied Patina to the 1st half of the eyelid, and Half Backed to the 2nd half and it was hard to distinguish colors.
- it is a nice golden shade for everyday look (antique, muted gold), while Half Backed (and similar ones) are more for dramatic or evening look (stronger, clearer, yellower golds)
- if you have a lot of golds, you aren't missing a lot
- when swatched there is an obvious difference between colors, but on lids when combining them, there is no difference

I have a lot of neutrals so I doubt I'll ever hit the pan, but if the prices stay $10, I may repurchase it. It's a really nice golden color for every day and it is easy to pair it with ANY color of your choice: Cranberry, Sumptuous Olive, Mulch, Trax ...

With primer it lasts whole day, the color payoff is beautiful, it is pigmented and easy to blend, no fallout, buttery texture

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I could only pick one mac shadow, patina would be it! I'm nw10,15 and in summer 20. This shade looks best on lid anytime. It's the only bronze I could wear because it's cool undertone, natural but polished look, can darken to a smoky too :) I already been through four patina shadows