MAC Frost - Patina

4.4

I do not know what is wrong with me: everybody loves this eyeshadow and it looks hideous on me! To start with, the color payoff is terrible, it is barely noticeable (I am NW 15) so I use a paintpot as a base to make it show up a little more. On my lids is a light golden shadow that makes me look sick if that makes sense. It is not brown and certainly is not taupe at all. I hate this color, my advice is: try it on your bare lids before you buy it!

Best from MAC. Such a flattering shade.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Beautiful light brown color! I love the little sparkles/shimmers in it, normally shimmer looks terrible on my hooded eyes but this doesn't:) I pair it with Mulch and Black tied and it looks amazing. This is one of my first MAC shadows, I just bought them 2 days ago and they're already my favorite.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So very lovely. Golden taupe brown that makes a fantastic lid color. It can also be used as a more subtle crease color. Looks so polished. Will absolutely repurchase if I run out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Patina is perfect for an all over the lid/every day shade! I love using it when I do winged liner. It's soft and easy to blend. My only problem is on my skintone I have to pack it on, or use a white creme base, but when I do get it on it's a beautiful grey/brown frost. Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I think this is my favorite MAC eyeshadow that I own. I didn't expect that at all when I ordered it, honestly. I put it in my cart after doing a ton of research on neutral MAC shades and many people seemed to like it. Based on swatches I wasn't that impressed but I went ahead and bought it.
I often wear this with MAC Quarry in the crease and MAC Malt as a transition color with MAC Blanc Type as the highlight. I use Stila's liquid eyeliner in "Midnight" for my winged eyeliner (Tarte "Exposed" for blush and NYX "mauve" lipliner). For some reason this combination looks freaking amazing.
I read that some people have pigmentation problems with Patina, but I haven't found that to be true at all. It's pigmented, unique yet neutral, and just an awesome neutral shade to have in your collection.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's a beautiful eyeshadow but it blends right into my skin color right now because I am tanned. (Nc35~40, double wear 3w1)
I can't use Era(my go-to shadow during winter) for the same reason. I will retry using this when I lose the tan.

A very pretty colour when combined with others, though it takes a bit of work to show up evenly on the lid. It's not my favourite of the Mac eyeshadows but still beautiful and long lasting as expected with Mac

This has been my favourite eyeshadow for years now. Its a perfect all over the lid wash. Im an NC40 and it shows up fine for me, great pigmentation. What makes patina special is the pink/green duochrome to it. It really makes my brown eyes sparkle. Its so versatile and pairs well with browns, taupes, pinks, purples, greens, ect. I think it can work with any colour. One of my fave combos is patina all over the lid with satin taupe in the outer corner/crease.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this on the lid with a light matte brown in the crease and a dark matte brown on the outer v and blended up into the crease. It's also great as a one shadow look, as well. That being said, I find that it loses it's oomp and needs a white base to show up as it does in the pan. It's beautiful, but due to the price, I do not believe I would repurchase.

Edit: I actually think this is quite a strange color, and it has to be used just right. All over the lid looks a little weird to me now that I've used it longer.

Top Rated MAC Products