August 1, 2014 | 1924 users online

Pressed Powders - Dr. Hauschka - Translucent Face Powder (Compact)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I wanted to switch to this as my setting powder after switching almost all of my makeup to Dr. Hauschka products. I was a bit skeptical since the powder is rather yellow. Don't be afraid because it goes on transparent! It definitely keep me matte and there is absolutely no breakthrough oil in any areas on my face. It makes my foundation look airbrushed. I never have to worry about it looking cakey because it never has that look despite packing on the powder, hahaha. A little product goes a long way but I still like to powder my T zone a bit more just to give myself a peace of mind when working. Love this! It does an awesome job at setting my makeup and keeping the oil away! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by GoddessIv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even though ingredients are good, something irritated my skin because it caused me break outs. I bought Dr.H a long time ago, meant to replace my Clinique stay matt powder but I never did because every time I tried Dr.H I broke out. So after storing it for 2 years, I just ended up tossing it recently. Very sorry it didn't work out, I really wanted to use something natural and better for my skin, especially that I use Dr.H products so I like them in general.
My other issue with this pressed powder was that even though it was designed for all skin colors, it made my light skin tone even lighter a tad bit. I didn't like that either.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by hotnerd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder. What else can I say? It eats my oilys without leaving me dry. Of course it doesnt stay on all day, nothing ever does, and if it does- you should wonder what else its doing! Its does seem to set my concealer well though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by jeannelucille

Yes, this stuff is expensive! But it never makes my very sensitive skin break out and is pretty good at coverage. Doesn't need a whole lot of touching up either, it lasts a nice amount of time. If I could afford to, I would wear it everyday. Instead I use it a handful of times a week.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this rather spontaneously, after a friend suggested it. I really can't say this smells like cinnamon. It kind of has a weird smell - almost like herb tea or something. But that doesn't bother me at all. I like how this is translucent yet still covers pretty well. Of course, it's not a substitute for real make-up, if you need the coverage. But for me, blessed with fairly decent skin, it's great. I apply it over my tinted moisturizer and it leaves a lovely, matte, even, perfect finish. Doesn't look cakey or overly "powdery" at all. It keeps oil at bay fairly well and the reason why I am thinking of re-purchasing is that this is a natural powder. I mean, natural ingredients only. I hope this will have a conditioning and improving effect on my skin. So far, so good! All five Lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by crunchiez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder because it doesn't leave my skin looking cakey/powdery and its all natural and is talc-free. My skin feels like it can breath and it cover my oilies really well. I do have to re apply during the day but I usually did that anyway with other compacts I used (and those looked horrid on my face- too powdery and never quite matched my skin tone).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by nicolew

hate to be the dissenter, but this product is awful. broke out in cystic acne, and i haven't done that, well, ever.
just wanted to add that i really wanted to LOVE this product, since i've been trying to switch all my makeup/skincare over to all natural or organic products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by vanillalush

I'm using the pressed powder and love it. It doesn't give me any white bumps or breakouts. And it doesn't itch. Use it over my shiny sunscreen and it makes my make up last. The only bad thing is the packaging it breaks easily. The lid broke off. I like that it has a mirror though. Will be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by kametotsuru

I love Dr. Hauschka's skin care products, but I just couldn't get myself to like the pressed or loose powders. I tried both and the scent really bothered me. I found the scent too cloying and overpowering. The light scent of their skin care products is really nice, but the powder scent was way too strong and I could smell it all day. I thought the powder was on the heavy side too. I tried Jurlique's silk dust and I prefer the consistency of that powder more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This went unused for months after I bought it cause I thought it looked to talcy. Then I tried it over a Revlon foundation and it looked perfect. My only gripe...well two really...is the price of this stuff. I had to sell my firstborn to pay for the (second gripe) little amount in the compact! Nice pressed powder but I won't buy it again.