October 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Powders - Shu Uemura - Face Powder (Loose Powder)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by eileen08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought the Shu Uemura colorless face powder sheer after a friend of mine made me try hers and I was in love with the perfect finish of my foundation. However, I tried to use some of it under my eye area, bad mistake as it settled in my lines and I looked like a raccoon. So use it only where you you get the shine.
I will repurchase for the nice look you get, as it photographs well. But after a day with in on, it does seem to cake a bit so I am not really sure...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really good packaging with a net/mesh that acts as the sifter. The powder is very fine and is used to set your liquid foundation.

Unfortunately this powder broke me out horribly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by bovinebirdy

I love this loose powder (the translucent one, not the matte one). I use it to set any foundation...currently I am using cover fx cream foundation, and it works wonderfully with it. But it's also worked wonderfully with kanebo, shiseido, and of course shu uemura products.
I also use it for touchups, and it never looks cakey or overdone. But it manages to give a beautiful finished look. Not too matte, not too shiny. One pot lasted me a year. I just bought a new one. I am a 7 yr light for reference.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2007 5:54:00 AM More reviews by divaish

I wear this powder over Shu Uemura's liquid foundation because it helps to set the foundation. However, I've been finding that towards the middle of the day my skin starts getting dry and the powder becomes very obvious on my skin. Moisturiser before doesn't help at all! However, I'm kinda stuck with this loose powder because I bought the large version and it's taking forever to finish ):

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2003 2:58:00 PM More reviews by angeluv81

I bought it after all the rave reviews. I did find the texture very fine and soft, and it didn't cake my face. I especially liked the packaging of the powder: it had a 'net-like' cover to let the powder out, instead of those holes that other loose powders come out through (probably because Shu Uemura's powder is so finely milled). However, it dried out my face after using it for several days, particularly when I was retouching my face mid-day. I use 5yr light matte. Maybe sheer might be less drying, but then it was so glittery when I tried it at Sephora. I probably would go with Cargo next time, because their color selection was perfect: Cargo's lightest was a color between Shu Uemura's Colorless and 5yr light, plus Cargo's loose powder was just as finely milled.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2002 9:33:00 AM More reviews by kittyhawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in lavendar at the airport duty free shop. I'm pretty fair and I've used other brands of loose powder in lavendar. This is by far the worst loose powder I've ever used. No oil-control, hard to blend, blotchy and colour does not sink into the skin. Though the powder is finely milled, it did not melt into my skin to create a smooth finish, instead it just sat on top.. like a layer of mask. ughs..i only used this a few times and no luck. I tried it with a powder brush and the puff, both gave terrible results. I prefer Covermark's moist lucent lavendar powder to this anytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2001 12:56:00 AM More reviews by evangelisa

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this with the Fluid S, this works much better for me than the compact powder and the color is a great match for my skin.

I love the texture and lightweight feeling of this powder. This powder seems to work best with a brush rather than the puff it comes with.

I find that using the puff spreads the powder unevenly and you get a much better effect. Iíve used this face powder for more than 3 years; I use it with #20B brush can evenly. I choose liquid S foundation, after applying liquid, i just simply brush this face powder into my face, very simple step.

This is pretty good value for the size of the product and I'm sure this will last for quite sometime even if I use it at least twice/thrice a day.