October 25, 2014 | 1826 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Scalp Remedy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

After several years of dyeing my hair at home to cover the greys and having always had oily hair issues my scalp has now rebelled and has been totally out of sorts for several months now. Last time I dyed my hair I experienced hair loss, breakage and a very sore, itchy scalp. In desperation I reached to this somewhat expensive post-wash, leave in treatment as part of my new more natural, less harsh haircare regime. The relief I get by applying it daily cannot be put into words! It won't make your hair greasy unless you apply too much/don't work it well into your scalp. I will definitely repeat-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by sgrplmfairy333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great product! my scalp tends to get dry in the winter months, and i use the scalp remedy when i feel like i need it. this works just like a moisturizer and provides instant relief. i also discovered that this is great to use prior to blow drying your hair to give it extra body and lift. this is an excellent product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this product. The design of the bottle makes sense, maybe my aim is bad or I don't know my own strength. It comes out in a jet stream and seems to soak one spot on my scalp. I then tried spraying it in my hands and massaging into my scalp. That method worked, but the product didn't. I felt a cooling sensation, but it did not last. I don't see a difference at all in the overall condition, even when used with the matching shampoo. Booo. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by yorkiemomma

Used to love this product, but when they switched the packaging to plastic it sucks. It used to come in a nice glass bottle with a dropper. The actual lotion feels great on your scalp and is not oily at all. Sadly, Estee lauder owns Aveda now, and they test on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by marynooreviewsonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't as expensive as Kerastase, which is why I give it a 4.

I don't know what happened, but my scalp has become an itchy wreck, full of flakes and other weirdness. This seems to be the only thing that helps. I use the shampoo and conditioner, but since they rinse out of my hair, I can't say if they're the reason my hair is better.

The brown bottle of damage remedy has helped wonders even in just a few weeks. The fact that I don't rinse it out makes me feel like it might be effective. I use it when my hair is towel dried, before any other products go on. I've noticed less itching, almost no flakes and no other bumps or scabs on my head. Yes, that's gross but that's the way it is, or, was. I'll try to update as I've been using it longer. If it keeps working this well, it's going to be a part of my hair routine for a long time coming.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hannemille

I bought the scalp benefits shampoo, conditioner and the scalp remedy spray has I had a bad case of itchy and dry scalp.

Don't know if it was the shampoo, the conditioner or the remedy spray or the combination of all the products - but this stuff works!
The itchyness and dryness is all gone - and pretty fast as well.

The packaging is great, easy to apply, and not having to wash it out is a bonus for a busy mother of two..

The scent is herbal.. and rather unisex.. not my thing .. but I'll return to this product again if the itchyness returns.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by helbeluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was given this by my Aveda salon after I had a severe reaction to their professional hair dye (specifically I had a burnt scalp due to the bleach!) - this resulted in my having a very itchy, flaky scalp once the burns etc.. had healed, which lasted abotu 6 weeks.
I use this straight after washing (ie before drying hair), and although it has a very strong minty smell, it's not unpleasant. It immediately stops all itching and flaking, and has no ill-effects on the hair. More importantly, it was fine to use on my very poorly, sensitized scalp which was such a relief!
A few weeks later I still have some flaking issues, but a quick squirt of this does the trick for another few days, which indiactes the overall situation is improving....
I love Aveda products (bad dye-experience non withstanding!), and this has only backed-up my view that it's the best brand for your hair.....Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by gzheng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing product! It's hard to find a scalp solution containing salicylic acid, which is ideal for the scalp because it penetrates the sebum to work from a deeper layer. This is essentially a great exfoliant for the scalp especially for those with some dandruff. I used to be able to see flakes right after I have dried my hair from washing, even with using nizoral. But one week of using this and no more flakes! I have used this bottle for a few months now and I will certainly repurchase once it is used up. I have to agree with one poster below that it can make the scalp look greasy. So I generally put it on my scalp at night, let it dry before going to bed, then shower and wash my hair in the morning. So the greasiness isn't really a problem. The packaging makes it easy to use, especially for aiming specific areas with the nozzle and it's easy to travel with.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by cz22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the way this made the coarse hair near my scalp feel soft and smooth, but I don't think it helped my scalp. Bought for ~half price on ebay, so worthwhile to try at half price. Slight minty/mouthwash smell, but I don't mind. I am not great about applying this twice a day, so that may be why it didn't work great for me. But I do not plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This review is for the revamped Aveda "Scalp Remedy Dandruff Solution". This leave in scalp tonic is designed to alleviate irritations due to dandruff. Here is what I found:
1. The bottle design is perfect! The previous edition was housed in a glass bottle w/a not so user friendly dropper! I love how I can simply spray the solution onto targeted areas of my scalp w/out having to squeeze out drops from the old dropper system. Also, the bottle is made of plastic so it is much safer to have around w/out the fear of any accidents in the bathroom!
2. Since this solution is a liquid formula instead of the serum-like consistency of old, it spreads around the scalp easily. Also, it is not sticky like the Scalp Remedy of past. Another plus is that it doesn't have a strong peppery scent like most of Aveda's hair products which is great for me!
3. My scalp becomes irritated either due to just being relaxed or changing of the seasons. I have found that the scalp and general irritation cease after a day or two on this product.
4. The price at $24 is not cheap by any means! However, since this product works wonderfully for my scalp I will of course make concessions!