Freeman Pure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and Oatmeal

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Glycol, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado)

on 4/28/2015 3:00:00 AM

I get used to this mask. it was good with my combi, acne skin. but after year I didn't see any result.

on 4/25/2015 6:29:00 PM

I used this 3 times before finally chucking the nearly full tube. I definitely would not repurchase.

I have sensitive, combination/dry skin (depending on the time of year) with hormonal acne. I thought this would be a good mask for me because of the moisturizing avocado in it. Unfortunately, I had no idea the fragrance would be so strong. It literally makes my eyes water and burn, even though I do not put any of the product around them. It also made my skin burn a little as it dried.

Fortunately, the fragrance does dissipate as the mask dries, but that can be a good 10-15 minutes or so of discomfort. The mask does a decent job of clearing out pores, but it's no better than any other drug store clay mask.

It also tends to separate so you'll get a greasy bit of oil puddling out of the tube if you leave it stored with the cap down.

on 4/16/2015 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've used this a few times and I dont think it has done anything for my skin.
I loved that it felt cool as soon as I applied it, but it didnt make a significant difference in the way my skin looked or felt. I really wanted this to work because the ingredients sound like it will do wonders for my skin.

on 3/30/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i've found this to be too drying for my already dry skin. i know it's a clay mask which are meant to dry you out but idk, this one is a little too intense of a drying out. the price and amount you get is pretty great, though!

I tried this mask twice. I didnt mind the scent, and liked the consistency/color. However, even though there were no symptoms of this being irritating, the following days left me with the worst condition of my facial skin ive seen in a long time. This causes such extreme dryness, i slept with veg glycerin-vit e oil- neosporin to moisturize my skin back to normal. Its been 5 days and still looked cracked and flaking and looks as if my pores are falling apart. My skin appears a nice hue combo of red/grey. Thanks a lot freeman! Seriously dont try this.

on 1/25/2015 10:39:00 PM

I enjoyed this mask a lot! It's really good for acne skin! I included in my all time favourite masks for acne skin.

on 1/10/2015 9:23:00 PM

I used this just after a routine exfoliation and it left my skin red and feeling dry. The worst for me was the smell. Very perfumy and fake and I can still smell it. Admittedly I can be sensitive to smells, but using it gave me a bit of a headache. The colour is a really fake green too.

I don't know why I bothered trying it, I've switched most of my beauty routine to natural. I mean I'm no hippy and I still use normal cosmetics at this point, but I find that natural/diy solutions *work better* and are cheaper and you're not filling your body with chemicals and toxins.

Anyway I just had this sitting in my cupboard from when I bought it quite a while ago and never used it, and I wanted to try it. Now I think I'll try to swap it a long with another mask I bought at the same time.

on 12/3/2014 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am not impressed by this product. The color and smell are extremely artificial. It's very perfumey and actually makes my eyes burn when it's on. It has something in it that makes skin feel squeaky clean when it's rinsed off and seems like it takes a long time to dry in comparison to other clay masks I've tried. I have noticed I break out a bit after I use it. I would not purchase this again. I'm not sure why I even continue to use the bottle I have. I should just throw it away. Not Freeman's best by far.

on 11/29/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product makes me never want to buy an expensive mask ever again. This is $4 or $5 at the drugstore, the tube lasts forever, and it really does a great job of clearing up my skin and cleaning out my pores. I like to use it after my shower whenever my skin seems congested, and after 10 or 15 minutes, I can feel it tightening up my skin. When I rinse it off, my face is clear and feels smooth.

I've never tried any other Freeman's masks but this one makes me want to try all of them.

on 11/28/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mask (bizarrely enough) didn't cause me to break out but severely exacerbated old acne scars, that had flattened into my skin and were diminishing rapidly. One use of this mask and the scars were dark, inflamed, and clearly visible again. I was so disappointed and so frustrated that it had undone weeks of caring for my skin! Never again.