September 22, 2014 | 519 users online

Masks - Freeman - Pure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and Oatmeal

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mschristinex

This product was okay. Nothing great or special about it to be honest. This mask claims to purify pores and a bunch of my friends have raved to me about this product saying it shrunk their pimples or made them less noticeable. This product did nothing for me at all it just made my face feel clean and this was a waste of $4 to me. When I used this product the first time it shrunk the size of my blackheads and made my pores less noticeable and I used this for another two weeks and got the same result. But now it doesn't work, as if it stopped. I would use this mask and wash it off and come to skin that looks and feels exactly the same before putting the mask on. If you want to shrink pores, pimples, or blackheads use the Dead Sea Minerals Mask also from freeman's.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by norainashah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Before i discovered dermalogica gentle cream exfoliant, this used to be a favorite. I like the whole idea of it, but the smell really puts me off, it has this artificial/chemical smell to it. It's good for oily skin and large pores as i really do see the difference in my pore size after each application. I would use this on my nose every now and then. Personally, i think you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a pretty good mask. i've only used one other mask to clean your pores and was disappointed in it so i came across this one while searching for a cheap mask since my pores were getting clogged up. I got this one along with the charcol mask. I put it and let it dry, takes about a half hour. i pay more attention to my nose area than anything else. It goes on nice, it feels so cooling when you apply it. when it dries it feels tight. After i washed it off, my pores we're pretty clean. the pores on my nose still had some gunk in it but i never cleaned my pores or even payed attention to them. I don't think it has broke me out either, i have gotten a break out but i honestly believe it was my powder since covergirl does break me out. overall i think anyone should try it, It works different for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

Simply put, this is an excellent product. I bought it at Walmart and it's a decent price. It's about $4 and it's a large squeeze tube. Clay masks are geared toward people who want more moisture, so I wanted that and decided on this clay mask. The formula is creamy and it's a green color with great consistency. I like to skip washing my face the day I decide to use this mask so that I don't over-wash my face. I do this about once a week, just so I can detox. The mask dries on my face after seven minutes or so and there is no tingly feeling really. After washing it off, my skin feels clean and smooth. I feel like my skin got the love it deserved and I am happy with the results. I can't say that I'm too fond of the smell because it smells funky. I was hoping for a more neutral odor, but it is what it is. The only reason why I gave it four lippies was because of the odor. Other than that, it's a great product...one tube will last for a long time. There are many other Freeman clay masks for me to try and the Dead Sea Minerals one is the one I prefer over this. I'd love to try them all!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

This product was okay. It cleaned out my pores, but it felt really artificial and irritated my skin. It also made my face itchy the first 3 times I used it. I think i'll stick to my Queen Helene Mint Masque instead

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Shaenno

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually just bought this yesterday as I was out shopping for some
Clay Mask, the moment that this product got my attention, I quickly browsed around my mobile phone for some reviews and was amazed at how most users found this product to be quite effective. I got excited so I quickly bought it, NO REGRETS AT ALL! The thing is, it's quite pricey here in Australia ($9.99) compare to the USA which sucks, but it doesn't matter- I can already see myself in the future buying heaps of this clay mask.

PROS -
>Takes the oil out from the pores (great if you have an oily skin!)
> Baby smooth texture after washing it off
> You can use it as a spot treatment for a coming zit (make sure to put it overnight on the targeted pimples), it WILL reduce the zit, I promise you. You will see the changes once you wash your face.
> Reduced pore size

CONS - None for me

Overall I am in LOVE with this mask! It has a strong scent, but not a bad one which is a real PRO for me. I can't really describe the smell..it's more oatsy and sweet..kind of reminds me of breakfast, lol!

If you want to try it, please do so! It would always be recommended to do a spot test first though because some people find it irritating / itchy on their skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it was BOGO free at Ulta, so with the $3.50 off coupon it was only 50 cents. Although, I wouldn't mind trying it out for the full $4. Clay masks are usually good for those with oily skin, unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. Maybe it was just too gentle for me but my extremely oily skin with clogged pores remained unchanged. I've used it multiple times hoping for better results but it's ineffective for me. But it is very easy to remove and nice smelling but I'll stick to Queen Helene's mint julep mask.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by EustaciaVye22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I have recently become obsessed with skin care products (because I am a smoker and I'm trying to preserve my skin as well as I can, since its a well known fact smoking affects your skin). I have used Freeman's Cucumber Mask in the past and loved it, and decided to try this mask. Normally it goes for about $4 at my local Shoprite store, but it was recently on sale for $1, so I decided to try it. Holy balls, big mistake. it does have a great texture- thick ans smooth, a bright appealing green color and a nice smell - and it went on very well. However! I waited for it to dry to wash it off, and literally, as I started towards the bathroom, my face began to itch. I washed it off with warm water, and the itch became worse. Suddenly I had red, blotchy patches all over my face, and the itch wouldn't go away. Alarmed, I applied some Pond's for Dry Skin, hoping to soothe my face. Eventually the blotches disappeared, but that scares the hell out of me. I have combination skin, by I almost never react like that to ANYTHING, and I've tried a lot of products over the years. I can't figure out what I reacted to, but I'm never using it again. Thank god I only spent $1 on it. Never again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by reginacordium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this is a promising product - the ingredients, for the most part, seem harmless enough, and who hasn't heard of the benefits of avocado, oatmeal, or clay? However, I would suggest doing a patch test before applying this to your whole face. I purchased a small sample, which I'm thankful for now. It went on very smoothly, and it smelled delightful, but after just a few moments, my face started burning and itching. I should have taken this as a red flag, but I have used products in the past that "tingle" or "burn" because they are clearing out your pores or whatever. I left it on for about 15 minutes, or as long as I could handle it, and then came the really glamorous part - removing it. It was very difficult to rinse off, and it left my usually oily skin feeling dry.

After using it two nights (thinking the second time wouldn't be bad because my face had already been "cleaned out"), I looked in the mirror last night noticed some skin on my jaw was raised, bumpy and red. I thought maybe it was a break-out coming on, but this morning, it itches terribly and there are little white bumps all around the jaw area. I won't be using this product anymore, and I'm hesistant to try other Freeman's masks, honestly. Anyway, it definitely didn't do much for my skin, aside from the reaction to it. I hear good things about the Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask though, so maybe I'll give that a go once my face settles down!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by thomasania

I have all of a sudden became obsessed with facial masks, and my journey started with the Quern Helene and onto Freeman.

Pros- It is easy to apply and remove, the texture is creamy and smooth.
I love the fact that it comes in a tube and it is less likely to become contaminated.
It is affordable and often on sale. I paid $2.99 for mine.
Dries quickly and does not have an offensive smell.

My experience ... I have oily acne prone skin and I have been using a mask every other day. I do notice that my skin is a lot less oily, especially considering it is very hot here in the south. I have not experienced any irritation or discomfort.

Results... I haven't seen any "magic" happen, but my skin feels better after each use.

I do think it is a worth a try.