December 18, 2014 | 1749 users online

Masks - Freeman - Pure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and Oatmeal

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by xoxollt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not impressed by this product. The color and smell are extremely artificial. It's very perfumey and actually makes my eyes burn when it's on. It has something in it that makes skin feel squeaky clean when it's rinsed off and seems like it takes a long time to dry in comparison to other clay masks I've tried. I have noticed I break out a bit after I use it. I would not purchase this again. I'm not sure why I even continue to use the bottle I have. I should just throw it away. Not Freeman's best by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product makes me never want to buy an expensive mask ever again. This is $4 or $5 at the drugstore, the tube lasts forever, and it really does a great job of clearing up my skin and cleaning out my pores. I like to use it after my shower whenever my skin seems congested, and after 10 or 15 minutes, I can feel it tightening up my skin. When I rinse it off, my face is clear and feels smooth.

I've never tried any other Freeman's masks but this one makes me want to try all of them.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This mask (bizarrely enough) didn't cause me to break out but severely exacerbated old acne scars, that had flattened into my skin and were diminishing rapidly. One use of this mask and the scars were dark, inflamed, and clearly visible again. I was so disappointed and so frustrated that it had undone weeks of caring for my skin! Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by medarrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this masque at night with the intention of addding it to my skincare routine once a week. My skin had a nice glow immediately after and I loved it.... until I woke up the next morning with awful cystic acne all over my chin and sides of my nose. My pores got huge, and my skin became so dry no amount of moisturizing oil that I put on helped keep it calm. A couple days later my skin started over compensating and got so oily BP was jealous. I finally got it back under control by replacing my normal Clinique (for combinatipn/ oily) face wash with olive oil and moisturized with Cerave in the tub and aquaphor. About a week later my skin can finally breathe again. I do NOT recommend this product to those who are prone to reactions like this, and don't be dumb like me, patch test first.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by YuraK

I figured I would write this one before raving about the other masks.

Freeman's dead sea minerals & cucumber peel mask worked just fine for me, but the avocado did not. Every time I used it, it would seem to work, but then break me out in those painful zits. Last time I used it, I had spotless skin (a bit dry though) prior to using it. After I used it, I woke up to two cystic zits, angry-red and painful.

It disappoints me that this mask breaks me out, because I know it works great for other people. After having used this 3~4 times over the course of 2 months, I decided that this product is not right for me, which is a shame because I like finishing what I bought.

I like the hygienic packaging and even the smell, which is a bit sickly sweet to some people...but I just can't use this if it breaks me out.

Also, tears run from my eyes whenever I used this, I literally had to keep my eyes closed to stand it. I would have endured if the product worked (especially with the great price of 4.99) but it did not for me.

I would recommend buying a sample packet before going for the big tube because while this is a good product with low price, it causes painful breakouts for some.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can I just start by saying I love the Freeman brand? I've used this and the cucumber peel for years and it's amazing what it does for my skin! I use this once a week and leave it on for 20-30 minutes and leaves my skin clean and refreshed. I've noticed my pores minimized in the days after the mask. You would never expect that this would smell as sweet as it does given that it's avocado and oatmeal. And who doesn't like a pick me up like a mask? It's an instant mood booster at less than $5.00 a bottle. I would repurchase this and buy their charcoal mask as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its a nice mask,really gentle. My skin is soft after rinsing it off. Everyone seems to love this product and I have no complaints with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mschristinex

This product was okay. Nothing great or special about it to be honest. This mask claims to purify pores and a bunch of my friends have raved to me about this product saying it shrunk their pimples or made them less noticeable. This product did nothing for me at all it just made my face feel clean and this was a waste of $4 to me. When I used this product the first time it shrunk the size of my blackheads and made my pores less noticeable and I used this for another two weeks and got the same result. But now it doesn't work, as if it stopped. I would use this mask and wash it off and come to skin that looks and feels exactly the same before putting the mask on. If you want to shrink pores, pimples, or blackheads use the Dead Sea Minerals Mask also from freeman's.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by norainashah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Before i discovered dermalogica gentle cream exfoliant, this used to be a favorite. I like the whole idea of it, but the smell really puts me off, it has this artificial/chemical smell to it. It's good for oily skin and large pores as i really do see the difference in my pore size after each application. I would use this on my nose every now and then. Personally, i think you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a pretty good mask. i've only used one other mask to clean your pores and was disappointed in it so i came across this one while searching for a cheap mask since my pores were getting clogged up. I got this one along with the charcol mask. I put it and let it dry, takes about a half hour. i pay more attention to my nose area than anything else. It goes on nice, it feels so cooling when you apply it. when it dries it feels tight. After i washed it off, my pores we're pretty clean. the pores on my nose still had some gunk in it but i never cleaned my pores or even payed attention to them. I don't think it has broke me out either, i have gotten a break out but i honestly believe it was my powder since covergirl does break me out. overall i think anyone should try it, It works different for everyone.