Freeman Pure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and Oatmeal

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Glycol, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado)

on 1/25/2015 10:39:00 PM

I enjoyed this mask a lot! It's really good for acne skin! I included in my all time favourite masks for acne skin.

on 1/10/2015 9:23:00 PM

I used this just after a routine exfoliation and it left my skin red and feeling dry. The worst for me was the smell. Very perfumy and fake and I can still smell it. Admittedly I can be sensitive to smells, but using it gave me a bit of a headache. The colour is a really fake green too.

I don't know why I bothered trying it, I've switched most of my beauty routine to natural. I mean I'm no hippy and I still use normal cosmetics at this point, but I find that natural/diy solutions *work better* and are cheaper and you're not filling your body with chemicals and toxins.

Anyway I just had this sitting in my cupboard from when I bought it quite a while ago and never used it, and I wanted to try it. Now I think I'll try to swap it a long with another mask I bought at the same time.

on 12/3/2014 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am not impressed by this product. The color and smell are extremely artificial. It's very perfumey and actually makes my eyes burn when it's on. It has something in it that makes skin feel squeaky clean when it's rinsed off and seems like it takes a long time to dry in comparison to other clay masks I've tried. I have noticed I break out a bit after I use it. I would not purchase this again. I'm not sure why I even continue to use the bottle I have. I should just throw it away. Not Freeman's best by far.

on 11/29/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product makes me never want to buy an expensive mask ever again. This is $4 or $5 at the drugstore, the tube lasts forever, and it really does a great job of clearing up my skin and cleaning out my pores. I like to use it after my shower whenever my skin seems congested, and after 10 or 15 minutes, I can feel it tightening up my skin. When I rinse it off, my face is clear and feels smooth.

I've never tried any other Freeman's masks but this one makes me want to try all of them.

on 11/28/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mask (bizarrely enough) didn't cause me to break out but severely exacerbated old acne scars, that had flattened into my skin and were diminishing rapidly. One use of this mask and the scars were dark, inflamed, and clearly visible again. I was so disappointed and so frustrated that it had undone weeks of caring for my skin! Never again.

on 11/4/2014 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this masque at night with the intention of addding it to my skincare routine once a week. My skin had a nice glow immediately after and I loved it.... until I woke up the next morning with awful cystic acne all over my chin and sides of my nose. My pores got huge, and my skin became so dry no amount of moisturizing oil that I put on helped keep it calm. A couple days later my skin started over compensating and got so oily BP was jealous. I finally got it back under control by replacing my normal Clinique (for combinatipn/ oily) face wash with olive oil and moisturized with Cerave in the tub and aquaphor. About a week later my skin can finally breathe again. I do NOT recommend this product to those who are prone to reactions like this, and don't be dumb like me, patch test first.

on 10/29/2014 12:48:00 PM

I figured I would write this one before raving about the other masks.

Freeman's dead sea minerals & cucumber peel mask worked just fine for me, but the avocado did not. Every time I used it, it would seem to work, but then break me out in those painful zits. Last time I used it, I had spotless skin (a bit dry though) prior to using it. After I used it, I woke up to two cystic zits, angry-red and painful.

It disappoints me that this mask breaks me out, because I know it works great for other people. After having used this 3~4 times over the course of 2 months, I decided that this product is not right for me, which is a shame because I like finishing what I bought.

I like the hygienic packaging and even the smell, which is a bit sickly sweet to some people...but I just can't use this if it breaks me out.

Also, tears run from my eyes whenever I used this, I literally had to keep my eyes closed to stand it. I would have endured if the product worked (especially with the great price of 4.99) but it did not for me.

I would recommend buying a sample packet before going for the big tube because while this is a good product with low price, it causes painful breakouts for some.

on 10/22/2014 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Can I just start by saying I love the Freeman brand? I've used this and the cucumber peel for years and it's amazing what it does for my skin! I use this once a week and leave it on for 20-30 minutes and leaves my skin clean and refreshed. I've noticed my pores minimized in the days after the mask. You would never expect that this would smell as sweet as it does given that it's avocado and oatmeal. And who doesn't like a pick me up like a mask? It's an instant mood booster at less than $5.00 a bottle. I would repurchase this and buy their charcoal mask as well.

on 9/25/2014 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Its a nice mask,really gentle. My skin is soft after rinsing it off. Everyone seems to love this product and I have no complaints with it.

on 9/13/2014 12:43:00 AM

This product was okay. Nothing great or special about it to be honest. This mask claims to purify pores and a bunch of my friends have raved to me about this product saying it shrunk their pimples or made them less noticeable. This product did nothing for me at all it just made my face feel clean and this was a waste of $4 to me. When I used this product the first time it shrunk the size of my blackheads and made my pores less noticeable and I used this for another two weeks and got the same result. But now it doesn't work, as if it stopped. I would use this mask and wash it off and come to skin that looks and feels exactly the same before putting the mask on. If you want to shrink pores, pimples, or blackheads use the Dead Sea Minerals Mask also from freeman's.

Popular Masks