April 21, 2014 | 1095 users online

Masks - Freeman - Pure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and Oatmeal

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a self-confessed mask-junkie. I need to do a mask at least once a week. I purchased this about 2 months ago and have used it perhaps 6 times. I really like it, it's got great smell like all of Freeman's products and it leaves the skin fresh and invigorated. I leave it for a good 15 minutes until really dry and I rinse it off with warm water. It's definitely rejuvenating and I have found it aids in the cleaning of my pores especially around my nose area which is were I get build up. If you really need to get your face 'cleaned' I would use this mask every other day for a period of 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure you will see a difference in your face. Make sure you moisturize after you wash it off, it can be drying which is perfect for my hormonal breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by SazzaMadazza

Ok first review here guys - Wow this stuff makes my skin as smooth as a baby's butt!! I've used it about 5 times now and it definitely shrinks your pores but i just couldn't get around how much it stings my eyes, like a lot. I was hoping by the fifth time i used it my eyes would get used to this product but they are still running like waterfalls. I've noticed that the stinging lessens by the time it dries but that can take up to 5 minutes and my eyes can barely stand 1 minute. However, the price is pretty good, I grabbed one for under $10 at Coles (Can't remember exact price and I lost the receipt lol whoops). I hate to write a bad first review but just be wary of the stinging before you buy! Although some other people haven't had a problem with watery eyes so for the great price you should give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

Cannot get enough of this clay mask! It really does deep clean and purifies the pores, and is the best mask I have used for my combination skin! At first I was a little skeptical because this stuff is so cheap, but I fell in love after the first use. It made my skin noticeably less oily for days! It does leaves the skin feeling a tad bit dry after washing off the mask but really that's what moisturizers are for. I am so addicted, and can't wait to try out some other Freeman products!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Dextruxtion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would never have bought this mask just from the packaging and (low) price, and walked by it I don't know how many times at my local drug store. BUT- I stumbled across a review from Allure for this mask and noted the price, and so thought I'd give it a try.

I am very pleasantly surprised with this product!
I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it at all, though the fumes do sting my eyes a tiny bit. (It doesn't smell bad, just the fumes are a bit irritating to sensitive eyes.)
It actually kind of smells a little bit perfumey, kind of sweet but not over powering.

I leave it on until it dries, about 10-15 minutes, then rinse with warm water and a soft cloth.
I noticed -immediately- that my skin was a lot cleaner and smoother, (It seriously worked wonders for my black heads) and so I was smitten.

I use it twice a week and follow with a moisturizing cream and just couldn't be happier.

The consistency is just what you would expect from a mud mask, it's a very smooth, thick and creamy texture. Easy to apply and a little goes a long way.

My only complaint is that the packaging is a little misleading, as there's less in the tube than you'd think. But for the price? This stuff is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have used this mask 2-3 times now, and I really like it. My skin has been oily and acne-prone for 20+ years, until this brutal winter. Now I am dry and acne-prone, which has been even more difficult to manage. This mask is nice, because it doesn't break me out, doesn't overdry me, and smoothes and tightens my skin just enough (not too much). I can see where someone with sensitive skin would need to try a more gentle option; the clay in this would probably "pull" too much. For skin in the middle of a breakout, I can see where this would probably not dry enough. I'm in that middle range right now, in terms of oiliness, acne-prone-ness, and chronological age where this product is just perfect. I used it last night again, left it on about 10 minutes, and my pores looked great and my skin felt smooth. This morning, skin is still smooth and make-up went on great. This is the first Freeman mask that I have bought in the full-size, and I'm glad I did. Also, I noticed no stinging on my skin or irritation near my eyes whatsoever (they again, I'm not applying it near my eyes). This is a definitie rebuy for me, especially at this price point & with the generous quantity of product given.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by aleung88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. I've used and loved Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask before, and I generally do not have sensitive skin. But after my first use of this mask....mannnn.....need to heal up again.

So the actual mask is really creamy and nice smelling. I had no problems with the slight stinging, and washing it off. I left it on for maybe 15 min? The problem was when I woke up the next morning. My skin has neverrrr felt so rough and irritated before. It normally is quite smooth, except the occasional blemish. This time...felt like the outside of an orange peel, no exaggeration. I was a bit freaked out. Thankfully, it LOOKED ok still, so I could still go to work/see clients/etc without looking scary, but it felt terrible!!!

It's been 2 days now, and I've been trying all natural methods of getting my skin back in shape (oatmeal masks, plain yogurt mask). Hopefully there's not perma damage.

So...definitely not the mask for me....shame =(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by AnnCnn

this product really stings your eyes even if its not close to it. it didnt change anything about my acne but it sorta does reduce the acne scars. its an alright clay mask but really expensive where i get it. it smells really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells amazing. Gets rid if a lot if blacks (some, not all), leaves skin softer and brighter, pores shrunk a little. Amazing product. I have oily skin and recommend for all skin types. Very creamy and smells like cucumbers. Dries fast also. Easy to remove

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sadia4life

I bought this product and was really excited. When I first used it, it was really nice and the results were amazing. My skin felt clean and fresh and overall, it did a great job. It's just the process that irritates me. Like the phrase beauty hurts. First, when I put it on, it make my eyes burn and water like crazy, and it won't stop until it dries completely. It irritated mostly my eyes. I wouldn't even put it that Coles to me eyes and yet they got red. And the smell isn't that great either. I was literally crying and my eyes looked horrible. I got so annoyed. If I find a better one, I'll use that instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

-Did almost nothing for my combo skin. Doesnt clear it as a simple black clay or BHA/AHA peel does.
-What it does: it soaks my skin and then I have to extract what I can and what I cant it stays like on the surface of the skin, Its hard to explain exactly :) After other cleansing masks my skin feels cleaner and after this nor I can see or feel it is better.