Freeman Pure Ambition Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and Oatmeal

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Glycol, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado)

This mask is one of the first I tried and it is still the one I use the most. The kaolin and bentonite dry out my skin and pull gunk to the surface then the avocado oil and safflower oil moisturize and keep from drying your skin out too much. As with all clay masks, sometimes it looks like I have more pimples immediately afterwards but they tend to clear within 1-2 days of doing the mask. I think they are drawn to the surface so that they go away faster. Any closed comedomes (little, non-pimple bumps) disappear for 2 or 3 days afterwards, too.

It does have scent, which I don't love, and it does contain dyes which I also don't love. It doesn't over dry my skin like some masks. It doesn't burn like the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask everyone seems to love. I typically shower and exfoliate before using the mask and then apply a good amount of moisturizer and go to bed. My skin feels soft and less congested the next day.

Really makes my pores seem smaller and over all really great

yuuuuck... i guess you get what you pay for. it goes on nicely, but the fumes burned my eyes and made them water. it didn't clean out my pores at all, and my skin has been flaking off pretty badly over the past few days after i've used it. luckily it's dirt cheap so i wont bother returning. i suggest you spot test this product, because it seems to work for some people.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i like Queen Helene masks better, for the price, but this works well if I'm feeling oily. Which is always. It can feel super tight and scary when it dries but I use it around that time of the month and it calms down the few zits I get around then. Totally worth the minimal cost but I'd rather go with Queen Helene or Acure for a clay mask.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This mask only feels good going on. After it dries it makes your skin feel tight, is very drying, and smells way too strong. It wrecked my skin because the texture looked awful, flaking, some acne breakouts, and my eyes were really irritated. It took days to look better. I would never recommend this to anyone and threw it away after giving it several tries for over 3 months. Definitely DO NOT purchase if you have sensitive skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have extremely oily skin and I’ve heard clay works wonders. I searched for a decent priced clay mask because they can easily cost $80+ even a small bag of natural clay runs at $40. I was quite surprised when I saw this for less $5 convinced it would not work I always disregarded it until one day I decided to give it a try & WOW I’m amazed. It leaves my skin SO soft and clean. It definitely pulls out excess oil.
The only thing I don’t like is the ambiguous instructions it comes with. I use it 2-3 times a week on cleansed damp skin and leave it on for 10 minutes. I leave it in my bathroom and apply it after my shower (that’s when your pores are open) and rinse it off when I get dressed. I don’t experience the “tightness” some reviewers mentioned but it could be due to my oily skin so I would not recommend to those with dry skin.
The outcome and the price are awesome I would definitely purchase again!!!

This clay mask leaves my skin so, so, so soft and refreshed! I wear heavy makeup and it does the trick by taking everything gross off after a long day of clogged pores! Talk about being DIRT CHEAP, but the quality is next to high end stuff. I bought mine at WinCo for $2.42 before taxes and it's just the best thing I own at that price. I own high end cleansers and this is beating them to the smooth skin race!

Pro: This mask is dirt cheap and does its job well. Easy to find at a store as well. Consistency of the mask is creamy and easy to spread and use it up out of tube.

Con: Scent is too strong and the mask itself is a bit harsh so can be irritating for sensitive skin. I used this several tubes when I had super oily skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I occasionally use this mask when I feel like my skin is on the verge of breaking out. It's a decent clay mask and worth the low price that it sells for but I am kind of on the fence about this product. Sometimes, I really like how my pores feel clean and refreshed after using this but there are other times where my skin feels gross and tight after using this clay mask.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

** I just washed off the mask and put on a night serum 20 mins ago. So, I will edit if there are any adverse effects**

Due to either hormones or a new night cream (or both) my skin has felt oily and irritated for a few days, I also have a nasty breakout along my jawline/chin.
Tonight I decided I couldnt take it anymore, and went to the drugstore in search of a mask that would calm down my skin.
Came home with this, not expecting much...I left it on for 20 min and gently removed with a damp cloth.
My face and neck feel *so* much better now. A lot of the extra oil is gone, and the irritation seems to be calmed down a great deal. My skin feels supppper soft as well. I'd definitely use it again.

Popular Masks