August 21, 2014 | 1848 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Nail Protex - nail strengthener with vitamins

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by sunnygirl10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product on clearance. I tested it out on one fingernail as a base coat and it dried out my nail slightly. I do use a strong nail hardener and my nails are pretty strong and healthy so maybe it was too much protein?

For now I paint a very small amount just on my tips and free edge after using a moisturizing base coat. I sometimes paint a small amount on the underside of my nails as well. It seems to works better for me this way by keeping my nails strong.

I'm only giving this item 3 lippies because the directions did not work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Twentysevenjo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because lately my nails have been splitting & breaking-- quite frustrating. This seemed like a good option because it has protein & vitamins, and the blue tint is also nice. The first night I applied this treatment, it looked really nice! And my nails felt stronger already, but the next morning after I took a shower, I noticed something hanging off my index finger & the entire layer of polish had peeled off my nail.... weird! What made matters worse was my nail was left looking damaged. I gave the polish two more tries, and sure enough... peeled right off every time. Bad product, unfortunately!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by interruptedx

does make your nails appear slightly blue. i have never used it as a top/base coat so i do not know about that but alone i think it works fine. i have never had a problem with it pealing off. helps my nails grow stronger. i would purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by balletflat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this product because I had acrylic nails for two years before getting them taken off today. Hopefully the other negative reviews won't happen to me because I am in dire need of strengthened nails! I shall update soon.

UPDATE: using this alone on my nails makes them appear slightly blue, and if applied over nail polish continuously, the nail polish begins to peel off verrrry easily. I really don't think it is doing anything to strengthen my nails.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Peels right off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 7:34:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very poor product. Dried out my nails.