December 20, 2014 | 1764 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Olay - Quench Body Lotion-normal to dry skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

would i buy this product again? Yes, over and over and over again. This is one of my all time favorites. As a woman who loves body lotion... there are different lotions for different moods: if i want to smell amazing I will go for a fruity victorias secret lotion, if i want an after shave i will go for my oil of olay quench, if i want something quick in the summertime to keep my skin hydrated i will grab the coa coa butter. Quench works really well in the winter when your skin is extra dry, and in the summer when the sun takea everything out of you, and you need to hydrate to keep that nice glowing tan. Thats why its called quench. I also love the way this smells. Sometimes you dont want a loud, in your face fragrance in your lotion because it may not mix well with the perfume you decide to wear. So this is a really good, everyday lotion.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by lilspookies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for years. I have incredibly dry, sensitive, fair skin. I used to battle gigantic, scaly red patches all over my arms and shoulders. I began using Quench and noticed and immediate improvement. The lotion is light, absorbs quickly, and depending on the type you buy has a nice, clean scent (and sometimes a little shimmer)! My continued use has led to a complete eradication of my scaly, patchy skin and my skin is very soft (I have gotten compliments on my clear, soft skin)! I tried switching from Olay Quench to Jergens as an experiment AND IMMEDIATELY SWITCHED BACK. Quench works so well for me and I put it on every day, especially after I shower. A definite must-have for me and my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by CyndiK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Review for Olay Quench daily lotion with vitamins E & B3-
This lotion was reformulated in 2012 and is now lighter and without shimmer. Just what I was looking for- a bit of moisture with beneficial ingredients; doesn't leave my skin sticky at all, and the scent is very subtle and even disappears after a couple of hours. The third ingredient is niacinamide (B3), which is especially good for sun-damaged skin. I can use this as a treatment for the benefits of the antioxidant vit. E, niacinamide and a little moisture without feeling sticky heaviness on my skin.
After a shower I first spread Paula's Choice Resist Toner (chocked FULL of skin nurturing ingredients) over my skin (just pour some into the palm of my hand and spread over) then add this lotion on top. I use it about every other day all over, with additional pops here and there in-between for hands, elbow, knees and feet. I like that a simple quarter turn of the pump locks it from dispensing, so I can take this medium size 11 oz bottle with me for travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Very cheap lotion (in terms of price) and it has a high amount of niacinamide and other goodies for skin, sounds like the perfect package right? i didnt like it, it didnt do much to nurture my skin (moisture-wise) my skin felt the same. It didnt calm down my eczema or exfoliate my skin, I didnt appreciate the shimmer in it either. I however, DO like Olay's lotion with shea butter, thats a keeper

Edit : bringing this up to 3.5 stars. They recently reformulated the quench line to be in two forms ; you have the choice of shimmer or no shimmer, pretty cool! I have both. The non-shimmer version is ideal for me(male) to wear under sunscreen in the summer --my body--
It's full of antioxidants that nourish and shield your skin from free radicals . The scent isn't that great, would prefer no scent, but this is ok. This lotions softening ability isn't that great, aveeno and cerave make my skin dangerously soft an smooth ;) but this lotion doesn't "silk-ify" my skin. Oh well, I'm not looking for it to do that . The non-shimmer (as mentioned before) is great because i don't become a shimmering vampire in the sunlight . The shimmer is undetectable until you get in the sun. So I look like I'm from twilight if i use this , lol . Not my cup of tea...
Overall great value and product but doesn't soften well( I utilize this as an aox treatment)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Peapodsmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had read tons of reviews of this lotion but hesitated because, really, it's a little spendy for drugstore lotion. BUT, that said, I found I like it better than I expected. It doesn't really have a strong scent and it moisturizes my old dried-up skin like nobody's business. I usually add a little on my calves at night too (they are icky dry), and my skin feels fabulous. I don't really love the sparkles (it's a little weird to look down and see sparkles on my toes), but maybe they serve their purpose in bouncing light off of my crinkles? All in all, I will keep buying this. I did knock a lippie off because it's not my MOST favorite ever, but it's pretty good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

This is the only lotion I could use on my hands when I worked with my hands (stocking beauty products of all things! :) and I had to tear open or throw away cardboard boxes all day and all night. I was always trying new lotions and this is the only one that would absorb and still let me work. Not slippery and it has very good staying power. You can tell it is a concentrated moisturizer by the way it absorbs. I have purchased this product several times. I only care for the regular version, the extra-dry (red?) is too strong for me and leaves me feeling waxy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by toniak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion! It smells great and it has a little bit of shimmer to it. It's also really cheap compared to similar lotions. I would definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by JennyOo

I love the fragrance of this lotion. I like the shimmer it leaves behind. I like how it feels when you put it on your skin.

It's an average moisturizer, though. You have to keep reapplying throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by bprewett31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really did like this product at first. I got this free with my Venus Breeze Razor (which I love) package last summer & I used it all summer! The only things I dont like about this product is that its heavy so it just feels like it sits on top of my skin in the blazing Florida heat. & I dont like this product because I ALWAYS moisturize my legs & I tried to do it with this product & it caused some sort of reaction, so I cant use this on my legs. There is a slight shimmer in this product which doesnt bother me but it kind of does. This is a.. so-so product. I like lotions like Cetaphil, Johnson & Johnson (which I would reccomend), Lubriderm, Bath & Body Works, & Victiorias Secret Garden waaaay better than this :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a light moisturizer good for daily use. Snagged one of the last bottles off the shelf since I wanted to test out something new. It seemed to be popular.

There is a light, pleasant fragrance and the consistency is light, but sinks in quickly and moisturized all day long. No greasy residue. The nice part about this lotion that distinguishes it from others is that it has small glittery particles...very minute, but it leaves the skin with a glowy look. You really have to look closely to see the particles.

If you're looking for more hydration during colder months, this lotion probably won't be enough, but for most of the year, this lotion hydrates and leaves skin smooth and glowy.