October 1, 2014 | 1907 users online

Fragrances - Yves Rocher - Yria Eau de Parfum

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It took me a few sniffs to figure out, what I make of Yria, and I didn't even begin to consider it a possibility for myself until I actually received a bottle FOC with my order. As soon as I unpacked it - i realized that I like the flakon itself too much to give it away! I have 30ml EDP Yria Elixir ( I thínk ) - the bottle is metallic deep red, not see-through, a spray type with plastic cap that has a golden ring at the bottom. The metallic smooth and heavy shape is so pleasant to hold that i even forgot about the scent for a few moments, and when I finally applied it on my hand (as opposed to trying it before only on a paper stick ), I was a simply in awe, how beautifully it works on a warm "living" surface: i am convinced it needs warmth of human skin to really open up and I do believe those reviewers who have dry skin and who have experienced the dustiness and powderness of Yria that I don't really track in it: this perfume most likely needs extra skin moisture, so combo and oily girls like myself probably have a little of an advantage here. I didn't try to sniff too much into the initial burst of notes since this is not what we actually wear anyway, and as soon as it dried down - oh wow, the heavenly bergamot!! Sadly, it is so rare that thisbeauuuuuuutiful element takes the centre stage in the grand perfumery show, but when it does - it can always be relied upon to breathe life and freshness into the most peppery scent out there without resorting to the alcoholic tackiness. Yria is making the most of bergamot's properties: it is dark, velvety-purple, a rather thick brew, yet fresh and not overdone, and bergamot works here like a window pushed open in a room with a steaming pot brimful of florals and spices. Very dignified and womanly, a perfume with a sense of tact: it surfaces up just enough to brush politely against other's noses and then it retreats back and stays close the skin, noticeable but not overwhelming for any foreign nose in a "sniffing" radius. Too polite for festivities, but a 100% success for daily wear in cold seasons.Now - why only 2 lippies: because all this beauty lasts about 10 minutes and then - nothing. It just disappears into the unknown and never coming back. I hope this is just my bottle that has been a letdown, and I will give it a try once again, but so far - this is very sad, considering that the scent, when it's there, is wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

I'd really like to give this 3 and a half lippies. Yria suffers from the YR perfume base, a slightly sour, powdery concoction. It isn't terrible in and of itself, but it distorts the other notes added till many of the YR fragrances end up smelling like flankers of each other. If you put Yria on one wrist, and Voile d'Ambre on the other, you'll smell how one bleeds into the other.

That aside, Yria is a pretty, classic decoction that is in many ways a sister of Guerlain's Samsara. They both use the same powdery sandalwood, aromatic bergamot and jasmine, and both work with powder. Samsara has more citrus, doesn't have the YR perfume base, and has a drier feel, with more clarity in the notes.

Yria has more of a melange feel, that Perfume Lady block of scent. It isn't always a bad thing -- sometimes a girl wants to Wear Scent. It also has, and here's where my lippie deduction comes in, an unlit tobacco note, probably from the interaction of the musks/sourness in the perfume base, and the tonka in the ingrediants. I loathe tobacco, and there's a few minutes in the opening of this where I have to block off my nose in order to be fair. Once you get through the waft of tobacco, what you end up with is Perfume Lady melange, powder, a pretty floating floral of jasmine (Egyptian head shop oil kind, not incense-y sambac) and bergamot, and a creamy/salty sandalwood underpinning, with clean musk wafting through all layers. It's elegant, french, and is the kind of thing where if you forget you're wearing it, you'll find yourself saying "something smells nice," then realizing it's you!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a small sample bottle in a swap, which is the reason why I gave it a low score on 'Packaging Quality'. (I have to dab instead of spray, which slightly annoys me).

This is a floriental scent, with a slightly intense opening. On me, it starts out as a strong set of flowers and musk (none of the flowers seem to stand out on their own) which then turns into a soft, somewhat powdery, and warm floral/musky/lightly woodsy scent. I was surprised to discover that this contains jasmine. Normally, I can't stand to wear jasmine because it's usually pretty strong, but it was very well-blended in this perfume. I thought that overall, this was a pretty well-constructed scent that made me feel pretty & feminine thanks to the lovely combination of flowers, and even sexy, with it's musky undertones. I don't think this is made for only "mature women", but I DO believe it's for mature noses. If you're into honeyed fragrances, you probably would NOT like this scent....unless you're a perfumista who enjoys dabbling in a little of everything---like moi. :) (I'm typically an Oriental-Vanilla lover---though not too sweet of course---, but do enjoy various other concoctions such as this.) Give it a go (sample size) and see if it rings your bell!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this for free and i also give for free to other girl :):):)
This is floral oriental parfume ,heavy smell ..dusty.
Is not my type of smell.And this more for mature ladys :)
I will not rebuy this parfume for me..maybe for my mother in law someday.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by thekeeg

I really love this scent, I didn't know it had jasmine in it until reading these other reviews which explains why I like it so much! It is heavy and sensual, lasts quite a while, and isn't overbearing. Paired with the lotion and shower gel is lovely! It's often on sale at amazing prices so don't pay full price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ellenpet99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i like it is nice perfum to wear it day and night is soo mustery and sexy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

Yria is a fresh floriental fragrance, and is really not as bad as previous reviewers would have you believe. I don't think of it as a scent only to be worn to the office; why not wear it, well: anywhere? I don't find it stuffy nor spiffy, and I don't think of it as a scent that's all that 'grown-up' that a young woman could or would not wear it. There is something apple-ly fresh in Yria sprikled over with a layer of florals and a touch of spice. All in all, an attractive sensual scent that would be fitting for any occastion and a woman of any age. Oh yeah, and before I forget, lasting power of Yria is pretty impressive too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 8:21:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although I rather like this scent I don't think I would buy it again, I got a large bottle FREE in a promotion. It is nice to have around but really, in my active life I don't find much of an occasion to wear it. I agree that it definitely seems for older women, it is strong and heavy, or for going out for a drink or late-night dinner, or to work if you work in a spiffy place. I just never find the moment to use it, I never go out at night (small kids and no $$$ for a babysitter) and I don't work, if I did and I worked in an office I would probably wear it often to work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2006 11:50:00 PM More reviews by themeglet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another non-keeper. Why is Yves Rocher so unconvincing? Aren't they capable of making some uniquely incredible sweets? What's wrong with their olfactory abilities?

While I absolutely love Earl Grey tea (bergamot) and jasmine, this is a rather bland concoction of the two. Moreover, the drydown is even less convincing. This is a perfume to be worn by someone who goes to a garden party, and expects to be noticed, even though she is hiding in the bushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by autumnskye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this fragrance, I'm a big jasmine lover. This scent is very strong and heavy. The bottle and the box it comes in are really pretty.