September 22, 2014 | 1994 users online

Scrubs - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Therapeutic Lavender Exfoliating Enzyme Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by WorldWideWater

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good scrub to use in the shower. Gentle enough to use it more than once a week and doesn't irritate my skin (dry and sensitive). I prefer the fine particles scrub over the bigger ones as I find it works much better. Will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells lovely but is a bit harsh . I tend to leave it on like a mask, scrub gently and rinse off although it is not the easiest to rinse off!
Doesn't irritate my rosacea but doesn't seem to help adult acne either.
Generous amount in tube but is a bit pricey. I prefer exfoliators that dissolve so probably won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great scrub for dry skin. I had a moment when my normally oily skin was going through a dry phase, and i mean dry, flaky, tight, and no oil/shine on my face, not just dehydration. It has a light almost gel cream texture with fine granules. After you rinse it off, it leaves a layer of moisture on your skin so you might even be able to skip moisturizer unless you are very dry.
The cons are its a little expensive, and the granules might irritate sensitive skin.

I would advise oily girls to stay away from this as it might leave you feeling more oily and with the need to use a separate foaming cleanser afterward to get the essential oils off your skin that were left by the scrub.

However it is perfect for dry, non sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by journeyisthejoy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great HG Scrub. First off, it combines gentle manual exfoliation scrubbies with chemical exfoliation (enzymes). This is the best combination, as harsh manual scrubbies can actually damage your skin! It is best to leave it on for a few minutes to let the enzymes take action, then massage the scrubbies around your face to get rid of any flakes/stuff on your face. Afterwards, my face was brighter, and it lasted the whole day!

Other reviewers complained that it didn't rinse off cleanly. I didn't have a problem with that. First of all, the ingredients were all great essential oils and other items that would benefit your skin if you were to leave it on all day (I often put a few of the listed ingredients in my Apple Cidar Vinegar Toner!). So, no breakouts, just better looking skin IF there was any residue left (as long as you rinse all the silica scrubbies off). Second of all, I always follow this with a swipe of toner (as you should!). I never noticed any "Residue" or uncomfortable feeling skin when I do this (Or even when I don't!).

The only thing is the gel seems to dissolve really fast, so I actually have to use like a nickel sized dab for my whole face.

The only other product that comes close is Kiss My Face Mint Jojoba Facial Scrub...but that lacks the enzymes and has only jojoba scrubbies and mint (to energize the circulation). It might be a good idea if avalon were to replace the silica scrubbies with jojoba ones though! At any rate, the silica scrubbies are too big to clog your pores.

I can honestly say this brightened my complexion in a way that lasted LONGER than all other scrubs I've tried (aveeno's skin brightening scrub had effects that would last a few hours). It is also gentle enough to use daily! I've replaced my morning face wash with this beneficial scrub to give me a natural glow throughout the day, and the lavendar/EOs benefit my combo skin so it doesn't get too oily. It does not remove makeup though, so I would not recommend using it as a nightly cleanser!

I got mine for $3.99 at TJ Maxx, but it retails for $7 at whole foods.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2006 5:54:00 PM More reviews by eam531

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like zangreen, I have rosacea and found this scrub to be gentle enough to use without irritating my skin. I use it once a week, in the shower, and leave it on during the shower and rinse it off at the end, to let the enzymes do their work. It works well for me and I would repurchase it.

Betsy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This wasn't worth it. not much scrubbing action or even enzyme action. the smell is very herbal...and it has a weird texture - a very thick, gummy gel that doesn't feel good when u smear it on ur face. yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2005 3:58:00 AM More reviews by annachicago

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice product. Just didn't do much for my oily, acne prone skin, For other skin types, it is a gentle, light exfoliator. Very soothing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 11:44:00 AM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this light scrub to be gentle enough not to irritate my rosacea. Lavendar is one of the few oils that most sensitive skins can tolerate. I left it on like a mask to let the enzymes work longer. I can't tolerate the real scrubby-scrubs anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2004 3:19:00 PM More reviews by LeananSidhe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this whole lavender line from Avalon. This scrub is pretty good, but I wouldn't give it a 5. If used by itself, it kinda leaves a grimy feeling on my face. But I like to mix it with the matching facial cleanser which does an awesome job on my face. I also follow up with the matching toner. I'll probably buy it again since it goes along great with the cleanser. It could, however, have more of the scrubby thingies. Overall a decent scrub.